Tail Hook

Toto

Hello. The SU 33 Tail hook does not work on my system. DCS WORLSD beta up to date.

I have assigned all kinds of different button combinations on my joystick "X52 pro" but the tail hook will just not work. I know the default keyboard combination is LAlt + G key. I have tried that as well, and it just does not work.

My question is this??? Does the plane now need to be at Carrier Landing Speed on Glide slope for the tail hook to work??? In other words, will the tail hook only work if a few other carrier landing requirements have taken place already?? like flaps down landing gear out etc etc ?? I used to remember it working anytime you pushed the button regardless of what your plane was doing. Can anyone help here Thanks...……………..Toto:pilotfly:

Controls/Systems/Tail hook

The cabin switch is moving all the time you push the keyboard shortcut,

BUT

tail hook only moving if hydraulic pressure is given from the gears,

gears must be out state to move the hook.

And high airspeed cause the hook to float.

hook_up.thumb.jpg.f657550a17d609937c7112b1d6af4d7f.jpg

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

Hello. The SU 33 Tail hook does not work on my system. DCS WORLSD beta up to date.

I have assigned all kinds of different button combinations on my joystick "X52 pro" but the tail hook will just not work. I know the default keyboard combination is LAlt + G key. I have tried that as well, and it just does not work.

My question is this??? Does the plane now need to be at Carrier Landing Speed on Glide slope for the tail hook to work??? In other words, will the tail hook only work if a few other carrier landing requirements have taken place already?? like flaps down landing gear out etc etc ?? I used to remember it working anytime you pushed the button regardless of what your plane was doing. Can anyone help here Thanks...……………..Toto:pilotfly:

The requirement is that the gear must be down before the hook will deploy. That had me scratching my head for a while. Definitely worth checking that the game doesn't have multiple buttons or other controls assigned to the hook though.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.