Lockon Bandwith Requirements

What are they?

Reason I ask is that with my 400kbps upload I cant do more then 8 people...

So here I am thinking if I should upgrade to a 800 upload service?

Would 800 be sufficient for say 12 player server?

Thanks in advance,

:Core2Duo @ 435FSB x 7 3.05GHz : ATI x1900xtx: 2GB Patriot @ 435Mhz : WD 250Gb UATA: Seagate 320Gb SATA2: X-Fi Platinum:

After connect to server, player downloads approximately 7Kb/s from server.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

I've seen this question asked so many times, and I've seen so many different answers.

Here is my own experience. I was once hosting a 20-player server on my line. Everyone said it was running VERY VERY smooth, so my guess was that lomac didnt use the whole 128 kbps.

I was very surprised when I logged the bandwidth usage and saw.....

When there were only 16 people connected......Total upload was over 210 kB/s! (almost 2mbps!)

So if you plan on having ground units and people shooting at each other at a high pace, I would recommend having as much bandwidth as possible!

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

It surely depends on the amount of data that has to be transmitted from the host system.

If it's only 6-8 human pilots on a nav flight, the upload will be small. If those pilots do a 4 vs 4 with radar lock and lots of msl in the air, the traffic will increase sharply. If you are hosting a 8 Humans vs many AI-pilots A2A and / or A2G with many radar stations, SAM and A2A missiles, the upload will demand almost all your connection has available.

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]