Thrust reverser problem in DCS 2.5.2.20601 Update 9 open beta

surstromming

Hi,

I think that there might be some problem with the thrust reverser in DCS 2.5.2.20601 Update 9 open beta.

When landing with reverser handle pulled the thrust reverser should engage automatically when the nose wheel hits the ground.

But that doesn't happen any more for me, like it used to.

It only engages after slowing down to almost a full stop.

Could someone else who is on the latest open beta try this to confirm?

Best regards,

M

Fixed internally - but for now through a sort of hackfix (that works). It'll be in the next patch and hopefully we can restore the original code later.

Thanx! :)

Just out of curiosity, what triggered this to happen?

Best regards,

M

Edited by surstromming
Added question

We think it is a bug in DCS where the weight-on-wheel data didn’t work (the reverser only engages when nose wheel is on the ground). ED is notified and they think they located the problem. We just created a workaround to get weight one wheel status in another way.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

We think it is a bug in DCS where the weight-on-wheel data didn’t work (the reverser only engages when nose wheel is on the ground). ED is notified and they think they located the problem. We just created a workaround to get weight one wheel status in another way.

Thanks for the answer :thumbup:

Best regards,

M

Noticed this issue too but another thing that happens after the reverser has been engaged at allmost a full stop is that after disengagement of the reverser I get engine stalls when throttling up again.

Skickat från min STF-L09 via Tapatalk

Intel i7-7700K @ 5.1GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI

32 GB Corsair Vengeance @ 2666 Mhz (Stock 2400 Mhz), Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windfoce OC , PSU 650W Seasonic

EK Watercooling (Open loop)

Windows 10 Pro x64

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + MFG Crosswind + Thrustmaster MFD

Dammit, just bought the viggen excited to use reverser and its bugged in this build. I am lucky one. Also I completed 3 of tutorials mission with inverted axis on brakes. So i had depressed brakes when learning to taxi and take off. I was curious how is it possible to do taxi on after-burner zone 1 only and almost unable to take off through all the runway :-)

Edited by Wexler
Typo

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

Dammit, just bought the viggen excited to use reverser and its bugged in this build. I am lucky one. Also I completed 3 of tutorials mission with inverted axis on brakes. So i had depressed brakes when learning to taxi and take off. I was curious how is it possible to do taxi on after-burner zone 1 only and almost unable to take off through all the runway :-)

Haha that's skillz! :lol::megalol:

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

Reading your post, I have the following pictures in my head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1dv_y_3EK0

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Yeah, nice vid. You can call me braker. I definitely have trust in Viggens brakes.

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

The moment you realize nothing happens although it should.:joystick: It was a looong ride to the stop. You gotta love the viggen in every second even in these situations, was fun.:D

| AJS37 | AV-8B | M-2000C | A-10C | F-5E | KA-50 | C-101| CE2 | Yak 52| + PG