CA Compatibility Mod - WWII Asset Pack

SUNTSAG

Hi All,

I completed this mod some time ago and thought I would share. It's a CA compatible WWII Asset Pack mod. You will need to own the pack itself for this to work and the mod can be downloaded here:

"Original link deleted HERE"

After you have downloaded and unzipped, place the resulting folder in your saved games tech folder and you are good to go. All the vehicles can be located in the ME under CATEGORY "Armor". Each vehicle will be labelled e.g. *TigerII in the dropdown and are available for any country. The mod does not replace the existing asset and they will still be selectable as normal.

To my knowledge 3 items appear not to have collision models:

M2A1 HalfTrack

SDKFZ251

Higgins Boat

I have also given the Higgins Boat (named*HigginsWWIILC in the ME) the ability to get to the shoreline and lower it's ramp when it stops (when being driven in CA). Also the two half tracks will raise the armoured window slots for better visibility. Please enjoy.

UPDATE 18/04/19:

The pack has had to be updated owing to the fact that the WWII Assets pack has been adapted to use different Args for wheel and track animations. I have done my best to make sure this mod incorporates those changes but working blind is difficult. Here is a link to the updated mod pack.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Lzld9ufrj-Eqq5HNLU8rxeHkK92P-pDa/view?usp=sharing

Edited by SUNTSAG

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Let me be the first to say,

Thank-You!

This mod is JUST what I wanted!

(How did you know?):D

Awesome work Mate!

Long Live the British Empire!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Interesting mod.

btw, I recommend use original WWII optics ..

or example german type

reticle-tzf-5-b.png

Hi Magot,

Thanks for the feedback but to be fair this is a mod and uses those elements that are currently available in the sims base code. It only provides CA functionality and just goes to show what can be achieved with a little effort. If the sights were currently available I would use them.

I am only sharing this now, as the wider WWII community has been asking for this for a while. I am not about to put serious effort into producing sight reticles for a payware item. For that I would suggest raising the issue with the developers, after all they benefited from the sales, not I. It is probably one of the reasons why CA is currently lacking in the pack.

I just hope you and other community members enjoy the mods additional benefits over the stock items. :thumbup:

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I never understood on how to use a tank. Anyone can explain to me, please.

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Yes but does it work is is it static? In the screen above the range is set to point blank for the coaxial MG. Can the main gun range be set appropriately?

It depend on configuration in lua files.

I don't have plan do it any CA WWII mod :)

I never understood on how to use a tank. Anyone can explain to me, please.

First you need Combined Arms, of course, then you need to add a tank to the map editor. You will also need to add a "battlefield commander" slot, I think it's called. It's on the tool bar in the mission editor. I think it's the icon with the two flags facing away from each other. You can select blue or red side, or both.

Run the mission and select the tank. There is a button on the map somewhere that allows you to occupy the vehicle. I can't remember where it is.

This is all from memory, so it should be enough to point you in the right direction.

hmmm I tried it. It was work on 10 minutes :)

Again you miss the point of course its possible as per my bespoke image below and yes I can make it work with the mod via JSGME but the real point is..... it should already be available without the need to use a mod.

attachment.php?attachmentid=192547&stc=1&d=1534970447

attachment.php?attachmentid=192548&stc=1&d=1534970447

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 7 months later...
The mod has been updated.....please see the original post for a download link and the reason behind issuing an update. Cheers.

Thanks a lot for mantaining this Mod current, will download it tonight :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 months later...

Great mod!

What if I create a mission using this mod? Will other users without your mod be able to play that mission?

Edit: I just wondered if you could add Combined Arms support for WW2 AAA units like Flaks. That would be awesome.

Edited by Tiramisu