Ships from Persian Gulf - AI?

Zius

One of the things I'm very happy about with the Persian Gulf map are the new and overall very good looking ships.

Especially the tanker is exceptionally well done.

https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steamcommunity/public/images/clans/4471395/184f5c3f8e613a8e94806b821e885b0379fb17f5.jpg

The containership is also nice, although the transversally loaded containers are a bit stupid. It's something I've never seen before and they also can't be loaded or discharged by the gantry cranes in the port of Dubai. ;)

https://stormbirds.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/persiangulf-cargo.jpg

Now, I think it would be really cool to turn these models in AI units, which can be placed on the map using the mission editor. Ideally, it would be great to make them sinkable as well. You could create some really cool scenario's with them.

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

• 2 months later...

I think it would be nice and realistic if these ships rather than being placed as statics object they could behave as "civil traffic" options as we currently have with the cars in the maps.

+ 1

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

• 2 months later...

Also on Dubai airport there are static civil airliners. Why can't we have those as AI ?

Really? They are very ugly, with fictional liveries and drab colors .. I'd love to have an easy way to discard them from the Map. Use instead the much better looking aircrafts from the CAM Mod:

kJEGxge.jpg

DgpkNpd.jpg

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 months later...

+1 Would definitely prefer ships to be AI units rather than static (but retain the ability to place them as static objects)

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

+1

Aswell as the static ones from the caucasus map. We still have access to the legacy version of those in the ME. Time for an update!

Oe31j5v.png

m7aVM7M.png

Mhbsy1y.png

Yes, the old AI maintain yet the old legacy version. In Caucasus / NTTR / Normandy / Persian gulf directories has a model directory, into them has a great quantity of directories with the diferent 3D models. All have a "preview" zip file, into them can be see the different map units and object, not bad if them can be add to the mission editor to build better missions.

The main problem, surely nothing of them has been "update" to use them as a AI unit, by lack of animations, collision models, etc. Gulf ships has been found on ..\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\PersianGulf\Models\Vessels

Edited by Silver_Dragon

• 1 month later...

Watching the live ship traffic (https://www.marinetraffic.com) in the persian gulf and seeing the upcoming Harpoon for the hornet, I really wonder when we finally will be able to place Super Tankers as AI units or if it is a feature that is still planed at all... Last update on this was about a year ago. (https://www.facebook.com/eagle.dynamics/posts/10160488871570341)

7NbOt8T.png

image.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...