From VR back to TrackIR

Mule

With most DCS users sharing their flight time among many modules, building an exclusive module cockpit, for me, doesn´t make sense anymore.

Yup. I've built a VR friendly pit setup with correct sticks and hotas for as many jets as I can. And then click in the pit. Its really great and fairly easy, if not cheap to do.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yeah same thing. When my first reverb died, I had the old CV1 or the track ir to fall back on. Despite the absolute terrible image quality of the CV1, it won over a monitor and track IR. No contest.

I have CV1 (and G2 on order), and while I generally hate the image quality compared to my flat screen, the test for me is how many times in a session I find myself saying "holy sh!t." VR wins by a landslide.

I wonder when we will reach the nirvana of having it all -- great image quality, good FOV, an optimized DCS and the hardware to run it all at 90 FPS, plus maybe decent/affordable haptic gloves and FFB stick bases thrown in for good measure. Four years? Makes me want to eat healthy and look both ways before crossing the street, as I'd hate to miss it. :)

Same for me as well.

I held on to my Track IR5, however I have not used it again since the day I got my first VR headset - Jan 15 2017.

dburne, when you forget your anniversary or significant other's birthday, be sure not to mention that you remember the exact date that you got your first VR headset. :)

dburne, when you forget your anniversary or significant other's birthday, be sure not to mention that you remember the exact date that you got your first VR headset. :)

Lol good point, I do now unfortunately have memory issues.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

With most DCS users sharing their flight time among many modules, building an exclusive module cockpit, for me, doesn´t make sense anymore.

But most people who build such pits are not doing it to be practical. It's more a work of love. So I can't imagine that 1% of the 1% sim'ers to change.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1