leapMotion implementation possibility

Kariyann71

I agree that going just for a simple mouse pointer solution is a better idea for now. It's all we really need to get control. My leap has been sitting here getting no love at all at the moment. I'd love to beta test it when your ready :)

There we were....two against a thousand.....so what'd we do....Shotem' both!!!!

Intel core I5-9600, GB RTX 2080TI@2050Mhz, Asus ROG Strix Z390, 32GB G.Skill ddr4 3000 Ram. 40" Philips 4K monitor, HP Reverb, Vive Pro, Rift CV1, TMWH and SimXperience Motion Sim, Lime green jocks, Jack Daniels 1770, 2 packs Marlborough, etc etc etc...:megalol:

I agree that going just for a simple mouse pointer solution is a better idea for now. It's all we really need to get control. My leap has been sitting here getting no love at all at the moment. I'd love to beta test it when your ready :)

I'm with Macka, I would love to beta test your mouse solution. It would be so much better then having controller floating about in the VR cockpit.

Early Alpha released.

UpToBox link in the first page, waiting the validation of moderators in the Users Files section.

Feel free to feedback.

Corei7 2600K 4.4Ghz OC - NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb - 16 Gb DDR3

HP Reverb PRO HMD - Thrusmaster TWCS + TopGun Stick

Thanks Kariyanne.

I got it running easily. It seems straightforward enough and simple to set up. I am using the HP Reverb. I get the red and green cubes and they turn on and off and on in game as they are supposed to but unfortunately I get no mouse or cursor. I tried Beta and stable DCS release version. Checked Leap motion calibration was ok. Checked Leap visual to see hands ok. So I experimented with the following to no avail: Start DCS first and DCleap second. Start DCleap first then DCS second. Changed the DCLeap resolution. Changed different mouse on/off settings, controller on/off settings etc in DCS VR settings. Checked Leap Motion calibration was ok. Removed all JGME mods. But still no mouse cursor except when I actually move the real mouse. Any thoughts or ideas. :)

Intel core I5-9600, GB RTX 2080TI@2050Mhz, Asus ROG Strix Z390, 32GB G.Skill ddr4 3000 Ram. 40" Philips 4K monitor, HP Reverb, Vive Pro, Rift CV1, TMWH and SimXperience Motion Sim, Lime green jocks, Jack Daniels 1770, 2 packs Marlborough, etc etc etc...:megalol:

I have it running now and I think its quite promising. It is better than I thought it would be and Kariyann71 has done a stellar job helping me through my issues......which were finger trouble. So I thank him for his help and efforts on this project. I had not installed all the components as I thought some were obsolete versions of the same software.....my screwup. The instructions on github for the driver installation locations was also a bit confusing. Now its running I find it is easy to use for startup procedures and using the UFC for excellent immersion. Kariyann is going to make some more refinements so I am looking forward to testing those as they become available. Its early alpha but works as advertised already so can only get better. ;)

I had a quick test of this over the weekend and think it has great potential!

Once I got used to hand gestures I found it to be a great addition and very useful. I need to test it a little more as I seemed to be getting some additional mouse clicks without making the gestures, when I disabled hand gestures in game and switched back to using the mouse.

Thanks for your hard work so far :thumbup:

Indeed, while hands are disabled there can be additional clicks. I’ve solved this issue and I plan to release a v0.6 maybe this evening (European west time).

Doing a test now and its a nice improvement. Not accicentally jettison my weapons anymore ...lol. Seems stable and very useable. Liking it so far. Thanks again Kariyann. Nice job on the name and logo too :)

Edited by Macka

Doing a test now and its a nice improvement. Not accicentally jettison my weapons anymore ...lol. Seems stable and very useable. Liking it so far. Thanks again Kariyann. Nice job on the name and logo too :)

Thanks for the feedback Macka. Did you try the catapult shoot command ?

About name and logo this was the longest part of the work

I forgot to remove my debugging hands feature, so the version v0.70 published yesterday had this issue (cursor + hands).

New version available (v0.71) with hands removed.

Kariyann

Hi.

If I have Leap Motion device and track IR 5, any possibility to use such devices together in DCS or it's just for VR? Thanks

:sly: Intel i9 9900K | RTX 2080ti | 64gb DDR4 | m2 SSD 512 gb + 512 gb + SSD 512 gb + HDD 2 tb | Saitek X-52 :joystick: | TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO | Rift S :pilotfly:

You will have to deal with both hardware and software.

First of all, hardware, you will have to mount your LeapMotion device as head mounted and not desktop because DCLeap is coded with head mount specification.

For the software, as DCLeap used SteamVr support, you will have to launch SteamVr and make DCS to launch in non VR mod. I don’t know if it is possible.

Kariyann

I'm really interested in this maybe for Christmas. Question does it really work with DCS and how about X Plane 11.

How would you mount if on a Reverb with the cloth front?

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, G-Skill Z 3200mhz DDR4 @ 3333 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

Yeah, I'm curious too.

What exactly is involved in getting this running, is there guide?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I will give a try tonight with Xplane 11.

What do you intend by « cloth front » ?

The front face of the HP reverb has 2 cameras and cloth covering on the front and its curved. Can you mount the sensor on top of the headset or does it need to sit at "eye level"?

c06302789.png

1557855419_1477731.jpg

Also does the leap motion use the 3d DCS "hands"? For 80 bucks I'm tempted to try it out if it works well for flipping switches up/down, rotating knobs etc.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Here’s my complete device.

5fe11ecd13e2bf39d658caad7d69f417.jpgb2a90379154f44c0d18dbab963288155.jpg

As you can see my leap motion is in front the two cameras and there is no problem.

You can purchase a support for the LeapMotion and as you can see it’s curved, it was built to fit the oculus shape.

With LeapMotion you can download both cbuchner and sdraw pilots. These allow you to use LeapMotion as true vr controllers, so you can activate vr hands in dcs.

I don’t like the way we have to use vr hands in DCS (pointing the ray to the knob or switch), that’s why I’m developing DCLeap

Hi Kariyann,

Looks interesting, that curvature means it should fit fairly well on the Reverb, maybe with double stick tape or something. I think the curve is similar enough to the CV1.

I'm not sure what cbuchner and sdraw pilots are?

So DCLeap is some sort of interface that gives you 3d hands in the cockpit but is distinct from the native DCS hands? Will a modded version of DCS pass online integrity check?

I'm currently using MilesD point control for finger tracking and cockpit interaction which works well, but this looks like it might be 3D wheres MilesD's controllers are a 2D mouse emulator.