What is your primary DCS flight controller?

Wags

What is your primary DCS flight controller?  

2863 members have voted

1. 1. What is your primary DCS flight controller?

• Thrustmaster Warthog
    • Thrustmaster Cougar
    • Thrustmaster T. Flight
    • Thrustmaster T.16000M
    • VKB MCG Grip
    • VKB KG12 Grip
    • Virpil T-50 Grip
    • CH Products Fighterstick
    • Saitek X52
    • Saitek X55 or X56

I'm getting by with an 8-year-old, $795, Precision Flight Controls Jetliner yoke. It lasts. Obviously, not optimal for fighter planes, but I've adapted to it. Great for airliners, though (or E-2D's, C-130's and KC-135's/AWACS...if we ever get to fly any). It would have great potential to be modified into a stick system, but I'm not about to cut up my $795 yoke! :) The resistance force of the yoke seems more progressive than the Warthog, which I just picked up but have not yet installed in my cockpit. I have tried out the Warthog Throttle portion and it is very good, though. Seems a natural fit for the F-15, F-18 and of course the A-10. I think an ideal stick would have light resistance near center and progressively heavier resistance toward full deflection. The TM Warthog seems to have constant resistance throughout, giving it a stiff center position. A modest stick extension piece might reduce that. I have an old Cougar stick whose pot-metal innards broke some time ago, releasing the very stiff springs and making it useless! Hopefully the Warthog will last longer. But the Cougar grip is still good and I think is interchangeable with the Warthog grip. Although they seem almost identical.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way I'm glad to see so many FFB2 and G940 (and a rare Wingman Force) drivers here. Force Feedback still needs to be a thing!

Also, we need FFB pedals eventually, especially for those choppers. And a throttle which utilizes FFB technology to have dynamic detents just where they have to be, dependant on each module... it's just a shame that this great technology is dormant almost for two decades now. It makes flying so much better as there's hardly any other decent possibility to give feedback that you'd normally would have in a real plane.

I agree. Even more if you consider that FFB is a consolidated reality in the driving sim environment (only cheapest wheels are not FFB). In Flight sim setting instead we did some steps back from Microsoft FFB2 days (It is very difficult if not almost impossibile to find a decent new FFB hotas at a decent price).

I agree. Even more if you consider that FFB is a consolidated reality in the driving sim environment (only cheapest wheels are not FFB). In Flight sim setting instead we did some steps back from Microsoft FFB2 days (It is very difficult if not almost impossibile to find a decent new FFB hotas at a decent price).

Currently there is a patent on the tech which makes it very expensive to develop. Should be running out within the next few years though.

That being said, it's very surprising to see how many people have FFB2s here. Really seems like the DCS community has bought up the whole worlds supply of them. Hopefully ED will notice this and improve the FFB implementation that we have in game (which is already not bad compared with some other sims out there).

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Not enough poll items.

MSFFB2 for the WW2 aircraft and helos. CH for jets.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

It's the Trustmaster Warthog with Crosswind pedals..

My last setup was the Throstmaster Cougar with the Uber II mod, and Simped pedals

The old system was fabulous but was to much trouble to setup in Windows 10

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Could I say, "Default"?

When I first saw the default settings I thought, this is great, I can set up that so I don't have to clear all those weird settings everytime I need to map a new aircraft or a module which has been thoroughly updated and needs remapping (see the screenshots to see what I mean, more than 30 items to delete and confirm individually - there is no way to select multiple settings and remove them).

But it doesn't seem to work that way, "default" is simply ignored. So I'm voting for this one to be implemented because it is a good solution for most controllers :)

Screen_180901_205102.thumb.jpg.817a046bd28ce91756d7d5993d8e5690.jpg

Screen_180901_205439.thumb.jpg.14af2f4116ed0c6398588e88506187b7.jpg

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Could I say, "Default"?

When I first saw the default settings I thought, this is great, I can set up that so I don't have to clear all those weird settings everytime I need to map a new aircraft or a module which has been thoroughly updated and needs remapping (see the screenshots to see what I mean, more than 30 items to delete and confirm individually - there is no way to select multiple settings and remove them).

But it doesn't seem to work that way, "default" is simply ignored. So I'm voting for this one to be implemented because it is a good solution for most controllers :)

+1. I would be happy if only keyboard is binded by default or when official controller is correctly binded like a-10 with warthog hotas. The rest should be clear by default especially axis controls

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TM warthog stick and throttle,

MFG crosswind pedals

Track ir5

8700k @5.2ghz delided \ Asus Maxiumus XI code \ RTX 3090 FE \ 32GB DDR4 corsair vengeance RGB @3600 \ 1TB Samsung 960 pro NVME \ 1TB samsung 850evo \ 2TB WD black HDD \ MFG crosswind v2 \  Virpil WARBRD X2 Constellation Alpha L+R and Mongoose CM3 throttle \ ASUSPG348Q 100hz 34 ultrawide 

[/i]https://imgur.com/a/VjNEllM

Thrustmaster Hotas Wharthog + Thrustmaster rudder + Saitek X52 + Atari joystick + PC bomb + Philips TV Monitor + Track it 5 + clip pro + headphone Amazon + PlayerAKRACING Player Gaming Chair + nomes gloves + rayban in VR + helmet + air conditioning + ecc.

Excuse me, but for all of you, what does “What is your primary DCS flight controller? If not listed, please include in the comments“ means?

Bye.

Is what you're using as your HOTAS one of these:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar

Thrustmaster T. Flight

Thrustmaster T.16000M

VKB MCG Grip

VKB KG12 Grip

Virpil T-50 Grip

CH Products Fighterstick

Saitek X52

Saitek X55 or X56

If not, what is it ?

Cheers.

May be because it is expensive to produce niche products like high end joystick and they prefer to stick with the low priced one :)

Yeah, it's getting RIDICULOUS!

Why can't we get joysticks like Virpil and VKB make at an AFFORDABLE price from mainstream manufacturers?

This is one of the real problems of people not buying flight sims.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have the following:

Vkb gladiator

Thrustmaster warthog

Saitek x-56

Saitek Pro Flight yoke and 2 throttle quads

But my current main hotas is a

Pro Flight Trainer Puma

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.