DCS: de Havilland DH.98 Mosquito FB Mk VI Discussion

msalama

THE ROUNDELS ARE THE INCORRECT PROPORTIONS
:doh: :lol::lol::lol:

I had to insist quite a bit in order to get the USAAF markings in the B-17 in the right proportions even though F-86 and P-51 either had them still wrong IIRC, not to mention to get the Spanish Hornet skins right for once, so keep it up :thumbup: .

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Even if you don't think about it, everything in the universe is either a de Havilland Mosquito FB VI, or not a de Haviland Mosquito FB VI.

Everything in the universe being either a de Havilland Mosquito FB VI, or not a de Haviland Mosquito FB VI is one of the universes immutable truths

Cheers.

If you think about it, everything in the universe is either a de Havilland Mosquito FB VI, or not a de Haviland Mosquito FB VI

Q: If a tree falls in the woods and there is no one there to hear it, does it makes a sound?

A: Yes it does. It also makes a Mosquito, but there is no one there to fly it.

De-Havilland book of revelations, 3, 14

Edited by Bozon

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

I'm under the impression it'll be this year.

"Everyone at Eagle Dynamics is working hard to make the start of this decade one to remember. While 2019 was a monumental year for DCS. We have more exciting things in store for 2020. This includes new aircraft such as the P-47 Thunderbolt, Mosquito, Mi-24P Hind, as well as the continued development of the F/A-18C Hornet and F-16C Viper including air-to-ground radar, Forward-Looking Infrared (FLIR) sensors and enhanced missile dynamics and behaviour."

We know we're getting it after the Jug.

If the channel map release is meant to coincide with the P-47 release, and the map is supposed to go into pre-order in February, I think the Mossie will be Q3 or Q4.

I think that it is quite clear that ED's intention is to release the Mosquito this year, they even showed it rocking in the last trailer. If this is true, at the end of 2020 we will have a solid WWII content but we will still be missing a Me-410.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

I think that it is quite clear that ED's intention is to release the Mosquito this year, they even showed it rocking in the last trailer. If this is true, at the end of 2020 we will have a solid WWII content but we will still be missing a Me-410.

Yes, ME-410 B-6

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Any news if DCS will provide historical bomb delay timings for the Mosquito and other warbirds?

Lots of sophisticated weapons for fast jets are available, but so far no bomb delay timings for WW2 aicraft. Please correct me if I am wrong about that.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

I think yes, In some other post we get information that delayed fuses jumped on the list things to do, but when it happen no one know

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

fuzing has a feature to add in the DCS core, not exclusive from WW2.

Er... are you saying that delayed fuzes are not in DCS? But I was using delayed fuzes in the FW190 D9 last night (i.e. mit Verzögerung). That worked totally fine. Wouldn't that mechanism also be usable for the DH98?

So is that what you mean, or are you referring to something else?

Er... are you saying that delayed fuzes are not in DCS? But I was using delayed fuzes in the FW190 D9 last night (i.e. mit Verzögerung). That worked totally fine. Wouldn't that mechanism also be usable for the DH98?

So is that what you mean, or are you referring to something else?

DCS bomb databases has not a "fuze" as a adition on a bomb on DCS databases (i dont found them yet), normaly, "fuzes" as mechanic device can be implement on modules as scripts on Fw-190D-9 on other, but no "fisically" addition on weapons. Need to check WW2 modules.

Example, SC250 fuzes:

-Type 25B electric impact fuze. This could be set to instantaneous detonation, short delay (less than 1 second), or for a 17-second delay.[6]

-Type 17 electric clockwork fuze. This was a time-delay fuze; the Type 17 and 17A could be set for any time between 2 and 72 hours after dropping, while the 17B could be set to detonate between 3 and 135 minutes.[7] To prevent the bomb being defused by Allied bomb disposal personnel they were fitted with:

-Type ZUS 40 mechanical antiwithdrawal fuze. This was a simple spring-loaded detonator fitted to prevent the removal of the fuze, and resulted in instantaneous detonation if it were moved by more than 15 mm (0.59 in).[8]

-Type 50 and 50B (called "Type Y" by the British from a distinguishing marking stamped on the face of the fuse) electric anti-disturbance fuze. This used three mercury switches to detonate the bomb if the fuze was disturbed or rotated.[9][10] John Pilkington Hudson was awarded the George Medal in 1943 for being the first to successfully disable a Y fuze.

-Type 38 electric impact fuze. The Type 38 was designed for use at low-level against shipping, while the Type 38sl. was for use as an anti-submarine bomb.[11]

-Type 59B electric aerial burst fuze. Could be set to detonate 12, 41 or 58 seconds after release.[12]

-Type 79 electric aerial burst fuze. Could be set to detonate either 3, 10, 25 or 30 seconds after release.[13]

• 3 weeks later...
Hello.

Will we get only one version of the mossie or two ? (like the spit with two set of wings)

i'm thinking about the mossie with the 57mm autocanon to attack u-boat and tanks :D

There were 17 or 19 or something around that of those built - they had the hispanos removed & possibly two MGs too, and were all used on anti-shipping; would be interesting to see if you could hit a tank with it, I guess. Alll that extra mass ( armour too ) in different places would play havoc with the FM, I'd imagine... I'd think we get whichever versions are flyable & accessable :p

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

I prefer 'that other sim' for my warbird fix....but the Mozzie might just change that!

DH_98_Mosquito_RNZAF_NZ2328.jpg

84640_1515824624.jpg

http://www.airforce.mil.nz/downloads/pdf/aircraft/de%20havilland%20mosquito.pdf

Awesome aircraft!

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I prefer 'that other sim' for my warbird fix....but the Mozzie might just change that!

Awesome aircraft!

I am here in DCS waiting for the Mossie. Picked up the Mig21 in the mean time and will get the Jug when it comes - it’s gonna be a long wait and I only have 10 fingernails to chew on (no, I can’t reach to bite the toes, already tried).

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

I wasn't very excited about the Mossie, but then I watched a couple of documentaries and now I'm super hyped. I've got some seriously awesome plans/ ideas :)

I'm so happy we have these ultra realistic, study level simulations of our favorite warbirds that no other sim can offer. Sometimes I just take a warbird and do cold start traffic patterns, because it's so challenging to do it right. Looking forward to this one ;)