DCS: de Havilland DH.98 Mosquito FB Mk VI Discussion

msalama

45 minutes ago, MarcT-NL said:

Hehehe, no, I meant I am in need of guidance. I need someone to explain to me how to get bombs on target. 🙂

Read flight manual, check   tutorials on Youtube [Grim Reapers, Spudnocker, Growling Sidewinder, etc. ] and in-game training missions. All guidance is already in existence. Delayed fuzes don't work in DCS and that eliminates precision bombing for now.

Edited by Rainbowgirl

• 5 months later...

It may have been discussed before but I couldn't find it in my limited search, but....

What is the reason for the Mosquito skin template not being released until 'full release' of the module?

As can be seen with modules such as the F-16, we could be waiting years for the Mossie to reach full release.

And as another comparison the AH-64 template was out almost immediately.

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

There is bomb fuse delay now

• Like 3

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Helles Belle said:

It may have been discussed before but I couldn't find it in my limited search, but....

What is the reason for the Mosquito skin template not being released until 'full release' of the module?

As can be seen with modules such as the F-16, we could be waiting years for the Mossie to reach full release.

And as another comparison the AH-64 template was out almost immediately.

ED WWII crew tend to be quite silent regarding what they work on or plan ahead. We have no idea when the skin template comes out (campaign designers such as Reflected need this to release their Mosquito campaign), we don’t know anything about navigator AI if there will be one at all, will the Very pistol will work, will the IFF do anything, and such.

Can’t do much about it except be patient and hope for the best.

• Like 1

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

On 8/8/2022 at 12:59 AM, Bozon said:

ED WWII crew tend to be quite silent regarding what they work on or plan ahead. We have no idea when the skin template comes out (campaign designers such as Reflected need this to release their Mosquito campaign), we don’t know anything about navigator AI if there will be one at all, will the Very pistol will work, will the IFF do anything, and such.

Can’t do much about it except be patient and hope for the best.

I'm not convinced there actually is an "ED WWII crew" and if it does exist, I have no idea who its leader is. ED really should identify a point of contact (as in Wags for the jets) so we have someone with whom we can communicate.

I love the "study sim" aircraft we have but they seem to get little love from ED these days. The Mossie should have been in full release a long time ago.

• Like 1

Exceptional engineering...and a large hammer to make it fit!

• ED Team
4 minutes ago, HotTom said:

I'm not convinced there actually is an "ED WWII crew" and if it does exist

The WWII team are a smaller team, but they are hard at work. 

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

5 minutes ago, HotTom said:

I'm not convinced there actually is an "ED WWII crew" and if it does exist, I have no idea who its leader is. ED really should identify a point of contact (as in Wags for the jets) so we have someone with whom we can communicate.

I love the "study sim" aircraft we have but they seem to get little love from ED these days. The Mossie should have been in full release a long time ago.

Nick Grey has the WW2 team "contact". Remember he has CEO  of "The fighter Collection" as ED. Meanwhile he has on silent from some months ago.

He talking about previous projects.
https://anchor.fm/grim-reapers/episodes/Interview-Nick-Grey-From-ED-Speaks-On-P-47--DCS-WORLD-e10q7cc

• 4 months later...

Hi Pilots,

wanted to setup my tm Warthog Hotas. Settings names are some in german, some in english and what i didnt find is how to setup left and right wheelbrake axis.

Maybe someone also uses this HOTAs with pedals (TFRP are mine) and would be so kind and let me use his profiles for the Mosquito.

Hals und Beinbruch

Andi

16 minutes ago, JG11Preusse said:

Hi Pilots,

wanted to setup my tm Warthog Hotas. Settings names are some in german, some in english and what i didnt find is how to setup left and right wheelbrake axis.

Maybe someone also uses this HOTAs with pedals (TFRP are mine) and would be so kind and let me use his profiles for the Mosquito.

Hals und Beinbruch

Andi

There is only one axis for the wheel brakes. Press this axis and then use the rudders to distribute wheelbrake pressure. It is the same system like in the Spitfire/MiG-15/MiG-21.

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

vor 3 Minuten schrieb iFoxRomeo:

There is only one axis for the wheel brakes. Press this axis and then use the rudders to distribute wheelbrake pressure. It is the same system like in the Spitfire/MiG-15/MiG-21.

press and hold i guess and then using rudder pedals to put pressure on the left or right brake, right ?

I own K4, A8, P51 of these WW2 Warbirds, there it is a bit different

Edited by JG11Preusse

15 minutes ago, JG11Preusse said:

press and hold i guess and then using rudder pedals to put pressure on the left or right brake, right ?

I own K4, A8, P51 of these WW2 Warbirds, there it is a bit different

Ideally you need an axis for the brake (the Warthog stick only has a digital lever which acts as a button). Otherwise you need to tap the lever to stop it from nosing over on full braking power.

My solution was to use the lever as a modifier and assign the Y axis to the wheel brakes with modifier. Then use saturation or deadzone at 50 (I can't recall which) to limit it to the last half of travel (so centred the brakes are off, full back for full brakes). I found it much easier to taxi this way and for progressive braking on landing. Land, press lever and now use the brakes to steer by pulling back on the stick. Taxi, get rolling and press the lever for normal pitch and roll to take off.

I also added the X axis to an unused camera control when the modifier is pressed so I didn't inadvertently add roll when applying the brakes.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

2 hours ago, JG11Preusse said:

the first aircraft in DCS, where i failed 16 times to bring it up 🙂

So i maybe can use the pedals brake axis instead of the Joystick button, but under axis controls, i can not find the wheel brake option 

that's what I do with my MFG crosswind pedals. I assign both left and right foot brake axis to a single wheel brakes axis in Mosquito (via Axis assign, it's a single axis, it supports 2 physical axis assignments just fine). The operation of the brakes ends up being:   to go left push the left rudder pedal forward, then press the left foot brake paddle. To go right: push the right rudder pedal in, then press the right foot brake paddle.

also, watch the brakes handle on the stick in Mosquito so it moves accordingly (moves towards the pilot stick = brakes are applied), I had to invert the axis for them to work.

• Like 1

Sry to say that, this Mod is absolutely broken and i have no idea why this flightmodel is such a fail ... bought it, tried it, wondering, tried again and again and at least i can say >>  at this stage it is a fail. Hope it will grow and get better, but at this stage is is really a mess.

7 hours ago, JG11Preusse said:

Sry to say that, this Mod is absolutely broken and i have no idea why this flightmodel is such a fail ... bought it, tried it, wondering, tried again and again and at least i can say >>  at this stage it is a fail. Hope it will grow and get better, but at this stage is is really a mess.

How so? What's so broken about it?

• ED Team
7 hours ago, JG11Preusse said:

I do not agree, please make a bug report with track replays and any evidence you have.

Ensure you do not have game flight mode ticked in the settings

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It takes practice and a gentle touch to get it in the air, especially when heavily loaded, but it's a great module. It still has a few defects, or so I've heard purists say, but as far as I can tell they are really, *really*, minor and do not detract me from having fun. 

I too use a pedal brake axis for the brake lever, but only one because I find that binding *both* pedal brake axis to the same output tends to cause conflicts. I don't coordinate my feet well enough, I guess. I'm a terrible dancer, so that explains it, most likely. Then lots and lots of practice, accelerating very very gently, quite a bit of right rudder trim (more than written in the manual or the training missions), and now I have no problems flying it off the ground.

So good luck @JG11Preusse , I hope it 'clicks' for you at some point because it is a great plane (both IRL and in DCS).

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, BuzzLine said:

I too use a pedal brake axis for the brake lever, but only one because I find that binding *both* pedal brake axis to the same output tends to cause conflicts. I don't coordinate my feet well enough, I guess. I'm a terrible dancer, so that explains it, most likely. Then lots and lots of practice, accelerating very very gently, quite a bit of right rudder trim (more than written in the manual or the training missions), and now I have no problems flying it off the ground.

It was beyond my feet coordination skills to even manage one toe brake axis along with the rudder! Hence I went down the route of using the stick with a modifier which I found much easier.

I have since got a Virpil stick with an analogue brake which makes it work more like the real thing but it isn't necessary to enjoy the aircraft.

• Like 1

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

vor 1 Stunde schrieb BuzzLine:

It takes practice and a gentle touch to get it in the air, especially when heavily loaded, but it's a great module. It still has a few defects, or so I've heard purists say, but as far as I can tell they are really, *really*, minor and do not detract me from having fun. 

So good luck @JG11Preusse , I hope it 'clicks' for you at some point because it is a great plane (both IRL and in DCS).

Thank you ...... i have to say sorry that i exaggerate with my last post. it was just frustration after so many tries to bring this aircraft into the air.

I own many modules icluding some WW2 aircraft, Sabre, medium modern and modern Jets and also 3 types of helicopters and i have no problem to takeoff or land all these vehicles.

i was also a military pilot for many years, so normaly i have a good feeling using my stick.

At the moment i have no idea, why i can bring the Mosquito airborn 2 times out of 20 tries.

I switched the brakes from a Joystick button to the brake axis of my pedals, so brakes dont apply fully or nothing, now i can handle them smooth.

so dont be angry with me, that my last post sounds like it sounds 🙂

Hals- und Beinbruch

Andi

vor 3 Stunden schrieb BIGNEWY:

I do not agree, please make a bug report with track replays and any evidence you have.

Ensure you do not have game flight mode ticked in the settings

Hi Comrade,

can you please explain what "do not have game flight mode ticked in the settings" means and where i will find this setting.

Thx in advance

Andi 

5 minutes ago, JG11Preusse said:

can you please explain what "do not have game flight mode ticked in the settings" means and where i will find this setting.

It is the first option in the third tab of settings - gameplay I think

Also be sure to have any kind of takeoff assist or auto rudder off under the special tab for this aircraft

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Baldrick33:

It is the first option in the third tab of settings - gameplay I think

Also be sure to have any kind of takeoff assist or auto rudder off under the special tab for this aircraft

Hi Baldrick auto rudder, takeoff assistand is alltime off for all modules, where you can set it up.

Will check "game flight mode" (i have the german version) later, but what this setting means ? 

Maybe its not "on" here, because i read so many "how to´s" and youtube tutorials about the sttings, that it is maybe not checked. I will see, i will check it later today.

Chuck´s Guides are also very helpfull ( Chuck's Guides (chucksguides.com) )

39 minutes ago, JG11Preusse said:

i was also a military pilot for many years, so normaly i have a good feeling using my stick.

No worries, friend. Simulations can be frustrating at times. I've only ever flown GA prop planes but there I hold the stick between thumb and forefinger and I have a precise control that I don't have on my desktop joystick. But here I can pause the game if I need to ! 😄 

A trick I read somewhere in the forums is to "zoom out" as much as possible for take-off and landing. It sort of brings into view the peripheral vision that is lacking. Or VR, it helps too. There's lots of different techniques you can find in this thread or in videos, try them out and pick the one that works for you.

Best luck ! Fly safe.

5 minutes ago, JG11Preusse said:

Hi Baldrick auto rudder, takeoff assistand is alltime off for all modules, where you can set it up.

Will check "game flight mode" (i have the german version) later, but what this setting means ? 

Maybe its not "on" here, because i read so many "how to´s" and youtube tutorials about the sttings, that it is maybe not checked. I will see, i will check it later today.

Chuck´s Guides are also very helpfull ( Chuck's Guides (chucksguides.com) )

Einstellungen -> Spiel -> Arkademodus. Maus über dem Kästchen parkieren und eine Beschreibung erscheint.

Edited by razo+r