DCS: de Havilland DH.98 Mosquito FB Mk VI Discussion

msalama

I don't think it's hard to compare warbirds to "modern" jets at all. Each has it's own set of problems to tackle.

Sure you don't need to keep an eye on your systems when flying the Warthog, but the prudent pilot does.....

Are the systems on warbirds simpler? Yep! Easier? Not necessarily!!

I've been flying warbirds for YEARS now in sims and had no problems adjusting to fully functioning Spits and Mustangs because I knew the systems. Um, the weaps employment on the Warthog was another issue all together, I'm amazed at how all of you are able to memorize all of the steps necessary to fully and capably employ that jet and others with modern avionics / weapons systems. I have a friend who is a top notch Warthog driver, and he tells me about how intuitive the systems are, and I'm like "hell, it's 40 steps to get the damn thing started!!"......so easier is a mindset in my opinion, it's all in what you are used to.

I found myself gravitating towards Huey because of it's simple systems, stuff I could easily grasp, and 3 years later I still fly it almost exclusively. The rest of the things I have that I enjoy are pretty much warbirds with jet engines it seems like. Sabre, F-5, etc.....

Edited by Robert31178

• 1 month later...

I hope the Mossie will be multicrew

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wonder if this can open the flood gates for two engine bombers to be made? One per side would be awesome,interesting...

Specs: i7-4790K @4.00 ghz, EVGA 2080ti , 16GB ram, Samsung 512GB SSD x2.

Gear: Virpil Alpha stick with Mongoos T-50CM2 throttle, Combat-Pro flight pedals, Track ir 5 & Reverb G2

Wow was thinking today that the BF110 would be superb in DCS and just stumbled upon this post and that is good also!! ;)

I'm ok with lower fidelity but hopefully not in FM department.I get in the WW2 planes we have now and rarely use all the buttons so its not that big of a deal for me.This way they can flesh out a good amount of planes to really kick off WW2 in DCS.

Sorry have not read the whole thread.....

"Its easy,place the pipper on target and bombs away." :pilotfly:

i7-8700k/GTX 1080ti/VKB-GladiatorPRO/VKB-T-rudder Pedals/Saitek X55 throttle

I love the Mossie, and if it's going to come with Pfm everything else is gravy... That said, for me on of the things that makes it such a wonder plane is the variety of missions it under took and some of the exotic varients, maybe providing an easy path to those varients would be a good way to do that, either as a paid for upgrade or for the mod community. In addition a really good campaign mission set perhaps drawing on 633 squadron as the source material and similar 'special operations' type missions?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

That would be great, however part of the reason it was able to undergo so many varied mission was because they had Bomber, Fighter Bomber, Night fighter and pathfinder variants.

As the thread shows us we will be getting the fighter bomber version which to be fair was used on quite a variety of missions.

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

As I said easy path to those varients...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

Yes, however IIRC the changes required to the cockpits, structure (door's, canopy.. especially regarding the NF variety with its radar) and engines used would mean a huge amount of work.

Would be nice to have them but it would not be a simple task by any means unfortunately.

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

I would like to see night fighter versions of the Mossie and bf110 with radar operators. Then add some AI bombers on each side.

Fun stuff.

Edited by TWC_SLAG

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

I dream of the day I can fly the mighty Mossie. It may just be my favorite WWII aircraft after the Spitfire and the Lancaster.

I think that the terms "high fidelity" or "low fidelity" are not valid for the new announced grade of modeling. It's better to consider it as a earlier stage of the early access, because the airframe, prop and engine modeling are at the same level as for the full grade models. Having system modeling at the level of generic allows to reduce development time adding a new plane to the set. If the plane is interesting for users, full grade systems will appear for sure.

I'm sorry, but I have absolutely ZERO interest in generic systems modelling. The full grade systems are the trademark of DCS and cutting corners in development time is IMHO the best way to bring the community's interest in the module to a screeching halt.

Edited by Charly_Owl

I dream of the day I can fly the mighty Mossie. It may just be my favorite WWII aircraft after the Spitfire and the Lancaster.

I'm sorry, but I have absolutely ZERO interest in generic systems modelling. The full grade systems are the trademark of DCS and cutting corners in development time is IMHO the best way to bring the community's interest in the module to a screeching halt.

+100000000000000000000000

If the plane is interesting for users, full grade systems will appear for sure.

Agree with Charly Owl.

If it's going to be generic, it might as well just be one of the other sims where I can get loads of gerenics for the same price as one ED module.

Furthermore as a customer, I'm not prepared to base a purchase decision on the "promise" (non-contractural) that ED will delever full systems if the module is "interesting for users", without any definition provided. How will the customer have any confidence that full systems will eventually be developed? What is the method for measuring "interest" and what would the time scale be for converting the generic systems to full systems?

This leaves far too much ambiguity about what the service level is that is to be delivered.

Edited by philstyle

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

I wonder if a kickstarter style approach is the best way forward here... E.g. For x commitment you get z features

+1

I agree with the above statements.

However what about the aircraft that it might be next to impossible to get the necessary information for in order to make a 'full fidelity' aircraft?

Of course we all want all the main aircraft in ww2 and be able to count each rivet but is that even possible, look at the pains that the P-47 has caused and there are many flying examples.

Project IX Cockpit

I wonder if a kickstarter style approach is the best way forward here... E.g. For x commitment you get z features

Look wbere we are with the original kickstarter, back in 2013 i pumped in over $300 into it and I am still waiting for the P-47 and ME-262... I seriously doubt with the lessons learnt that ED would approach this again.

Project IX Cockpit

Our best hope is that a few third parties join the cause... We already have a I-16 in developement and the F4U with a Pacific theatre apparently coming. ED might be being tight lipped but they are steadily working on things in the background so I am quite hopeful.

Project IX Cockpit

I wouldn't mind if they introduced a bunch of AI models and then slowly worked on making them full fidelity modules.

That would be OK.

I'd expect them to be included in the existing WW2 asset pack as AI-only though, until released as full player modules.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

I wouldn't mind if they introduced a bunch of AI models and then slowly worked on making them full fidelity modules.

I think that is a great idea.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

I'd expect them to be included in the existing WW2 asset pack as AI-only though, until released as full player modules.

With the addition of the new damage model, dynamic campaign, new World War II maps, and more units added to the World War II Assets Pack like the Ju-88, Bf 109G, C-47, A-20G, and others, DCS World War II will continue to grow and bring great new gameplay!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3735501&postcount=177

AI additions still planed ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett