DCS: de Havilland DH.98 Mosquito FB Mk VI Discussion

msalama

as far as I know it will be full clickable cockpit with systems modelled.

Let me point this, that all our warbirds arent done 100% anyway.

Another thing weapon systems arent so complicated as in F/A-18 :)

If mosquito will shoot and drop bombs this would be good enough for me :)

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

If that is all that is good for you I suggest you look at other games after all ED (for the most part) a study sim.

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

If that is all that is good for you I suggest you look at other games after all ED (for the most part) a study sim.

yes if it is ww2 plane FM is major thing for me, Fliping pitot heater inst something i would miss if it will be not funcional, what else do you have on those planes to model them fully?

My point is even simplified version would not be far from fully modeled.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

yes if it is ww2 plane FM is major thing for me, Fliping pitot heater inst something i would miss if it will be not funcional, what else do you have on those planes to model them fully?

My point is even simplified version would not be far from fully modeled.

You're right many small details would probably pass unnoticed, I guess, like many of the engine management since we use that mostly in a HOTAS. But then again, what about fuel management? Either Spitfire with high altitude care, or P-51 with fuel tank selector changes, and supercharger, both are fine being clickable because some options you don't use all the time but they are there in case you need them. Or Revi options, that'd be a hell of a lot things to use in a keyboard without being clickable. Not to mention Mosquito should probably have more weapons options than Spit or P-51 (I mention those as allied already known with somewhat similar systems to be modelled) and all of that would be again keyboard only.

I mean, systems would be there I guess and will be working and affecting damage model and everything under the hood as in any other module, but being simplified without the clickable option would make it a bit duller than what we have tasted to the date. And that doesn't mean I wouldn't buy a Mosquito, which will be a great addition to the planeset and having a two engines prop PFM is something I want to fly, but a bit of it would not be the same.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

You're right many small details would probably pass unnoticed, I guess, like many of the engine management since we use that mostly in a HOTAS. But then again, what about fuel management? Either Spitfire with high altitude care, or P-51 with fuel tank selector changes, and supercharger, both are fine being clickable because some options you don't use all the time but they are there in case you need them. Or Revi options, that'd be a hell of a lot things to use in a keyboard without being clickable. Not to mention Mosquito should probably have more weapons options than Spit or P-51 (I mention those as allied already known with somewhat similar systems to be modelled) and all of that would be again keyboard only.

I mean, systems would be there I guess and will be working and affecting damage model and everything under the hood as in any other module, but being simplified without the clickable option would make it a bit duller than what we have tasted to the date. And that doesn't mean I wouldn't buy a Mosquito, which will be a great addition to the planeset and having a two engines prop PFM is something I want to fly, but a bit of it would not be the same.

S!

I totaly agree. I just wanted to say that simplified module from ww2 would not be so far from full model like it is in case of modern planes, just immagine simplifying f/a-18 how many weapons sytems had to be striped off to make it playable :)

If they start releasing FC3 level ww2 aircraft I won't even bother. The only reason to play DCS ww2 right now is for the systems, limited as they may be. If I want to play ww2 combat you already know where I am headed. :pilotfly:

FC3 level ww2 aircraft I won't even bother

Me neither. Full systems modelling with great FMs is the edge ED has over the others, so take those away and what you'll end up with is something I'd find pretty boring myself.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Me neither. Full systems modelling with great FMs is the edge ED has over the others, so take those away and what you'll end up with is something I'd find pretty boring myself.

Same. There are better alternatives, if you do not care about the high fidelity.

Amen.

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

• 4 weeks later...

Okay,

Who is saying the Mossie will only have simple system modelling?

And who can't wait to buzz over Germans in a Rolls-Royce powered piece of wood? :pilotfly:

Mossie looking like the next warbird after the Jug? Sweet

I am praying for a twin prop A/C in DCS...A-20, Mossie, B-25, TU-2, P-38, JU-88, Betty, I really would not care, I would buy it. That said if it was not clickable, I would not buy it/them. I have more DCS content than I will ever really fly anyway.

Edited by Andy1966

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Okay,

Who is saying the Mossie will only have simple system modelling?

And who can't wait to buzz over Germans in a Rolls-Royce powered piece of wood? :pilotfly:

Mossie looking like the next warbird after the Jug? Sweet

No one, it was just hypothetical discussion, quickly erupting in to lava thunder storm :)

What about Me 262 this one is in quee too.

+1

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

I don't recall anyone saying about taking away FM.

Well I seem to have expressed myself badly. I meant the clicky pits combined with great FMs is what makes DCS shine, so take away the clicky pits and the underlying deep systems modelling and what you'd be ending up with would be something I wouldn't find interesting myself.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Oh, i get it, but by far we don't have any war bird fully modeled yet.

And system complexity isn't like in gen 4 fighters, My point is even simplified version would not fall far from full model any way, only hand full of ppl will notice a difference.

I just want to ED to be successful and rich, and i will suport them no matter if simplified or advanced planes will be done.

Edited by grafspee

And system complexity isn't like in gen 4 fighters, My point is even simplified version would not fall far from full model any way, only hand full of ppl will notice a difference.

im sure lots of people would notice that you have to press a keybind to start the aircraft.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

im sure lots of people would notice that you have to press a keybind to start the aircraft.

You know this is some kind esential in PC gaming somewhere at sometime you will have to press some key or switch bind

I just want to ED to be successful and rich, and i will suport them no matter if simplified or advanced planes will be done.

You're kidding, right?

The lack of a clickable cockpit and very simple start-up might just give us a clue, not to mention the flight model being slightly different.

As for no warbird being fully modeled, which ones?

You're kidding, right?

The lack of a clickable cockpit and very simple start-up might just give us a clue, not to mention the flight model being slightly different.

As for no warbird being fully modeled, which ones?

Which one has working iff ??

BF 109 cold start not working

Spitfire Ram air nor working

there are couple of things which are not modeled.

Edited by grafspee