Will the F-15C in FC3 be equipped with AIM-9X?

foxford

Remove the Harrier and the F-35(from history if possible) and you would have more money for better aircraft :smartass::thumbup::music_whistling:

Assuming you’re talking outside of DCS, I’m curious what aircraft you think could have been flown in the Falklands war from the pair of carriers available?

Do remember that the Harrier was first introduced in the 60’s and is still in use (in updated form). Not many aircraft can claim that. In the US inventory, what else besides the B52 would be in scope?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Does the real life F-15C carry the AIM-9X?

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Does the real life F-15C carry the AIM-9X?

Entered service November'2003. Our DCS model is from 90s and doesn't have JHMCS so can we, please, move this thread to wishlist and make a poll so I can vote for No?

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Assuming you’re talking outside of DCS, I’m curious what aircraft you think could have been flown in the Falklands war from the pair of carriers available?

Do remember that the Harrier was first introduced in the 60’s and is still in use (in updated form). Not many aircraft can claim that. In the US inventory, what else besides the B52 would be in scope?

Off the top of my head. C-130, KC-135, U-2, UH-1, T-38

Alienware 17 R3: Intel i7 6820HK @ 4 GHz, 16 GB DDR4, GTX 980M, 1TB Samsung NVMe 951 SSD, AW Graphics Amplifier w/ GTX 1080, TM HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Monstertech, MFG Crosswind, Jetseat KW-908

I would vote for yes.

If F15C can carry this weapon, we should add it. From a balance perspective, a MP server can perfectly have this kind of weapons banned (Take DCSdynamicserver as an example), so you could depict a conflict pertaining to one specific timeframe.

By the same logic I would also love to see R77 on the flanker family. It would be a nice addition (Luckily we have J11s now so this is more or less solved).

• 2 months later...
This is not accurate. We don't need JHMCS to get the benefit of the 9X, and the fact that USAF procured them before AIM-120C5 that are in use in the game.

It's true, but whitout JHMCS, the AIM-9X full potential isn't being used.

And updating the Eagle with the JHMCS woud add value to FC3.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

It's true, but whitout JHMCS, the AIM-9X full potential isn't being used.

And updating the Eagle with the JHMCS woud add value to FC3.

There in lies a major point of contention. Every module is basically locked in to a feature set adhering to a particular time-frame, of which doesn't work out for JHMCS in the Eagle. The F-15C did have the 9X well ahead of JHMCS. You can track down procurement info of the AIM-9X Block I by the USAF well ahead of the AIM-120C5 the DCS F-15 has, which to me is a logical argument for giving it to Eagle. You can't do the same for JHMCS. However in the case of the Mig-29, they removed datalink to comply with real life which in the case of contradicting timeframes of 9x and 120c5 could equally see the 120C removed from the F-15.

Edited by blkspade

There in lies a major point of contention. Every module is basically locked in to a feature set adhering to a particular time-frame, of which doesn't work out for JHMCS in the Eagle. The F-15C did have the 9X well ahead of JHMCS. You can track down procurement info of the AIM-9X Block I by the USAF well ahead of the AIM-120C5 the DCS F-15 has, which to me is a logical argument for giving it to Eagle. You can't do the same for JHMCS. However in the case of the Mig-29, they removed datalink to comply with real life which in the case of contradicting timeframes of 9x and 120c5 could equally see the 120C removed from the F-15.

Well, that I realy didn't know.

Always thought that, any entity that would procure high off-boresight missile technology, would also want the respective Helmet / cueing systems, right away.

So I guess the available target acquisition procedures for the AIM-9X, would be the Boresight SCAN mode and the Radar Slave modes, or something.

Eitherway, even without the JHMCS it would interesting to have the AIM-9X in DCS.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

I'm pretty sure that the F-15C we get in game is the oldest version of the C model. The real F-15C has been getting upgrades on a regular basis and has changed a lot on the inside. Even the cockpit has stuff we don't. One of the biggest is the radar. Eagles have AN/APG-63 and AN/APG-70 radar sets. The AN/APG-63 itself has been upgraded to the point that the latest version is an electronically steered scan similar to the Navy AEGIS radar. No doubt advanced data link has been added and all the platforms can share each others target information...

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

• 2 years later...