3D Printed Add-Ons

xXMustangXx

have a 3D printing business and turn out aviation and automotive as well as other projects. I think 3d printing is a great tech if you can get the printer tweaked the way to make successful prints and know CAD . Lot of trial fitting to get a design right sometimes. When the printer malfunctions can be a love hate relationship not to mention https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=210454&stc=1&d=1558326554the waste of plastic.

20190204_211342.thumb.jpg.cab3f8f530b51bab871c7ee27bf60788.jpg

They are the same dimensions as TM so they are fine as direct replacement, plus they also can be pushed, making them 3- and 5- way switches.

I have Ender 3 Pro, which is quite good considering its price, it can make some good prints especially if it's properly calibrated. Mine still has some issues I'm struggling to eliminate, a bit of elephant foot, overextrusion or underextrusion depending on filament used, etc but those are minor really.

have a 3D printing business and turn out aviation and automotive as well as other projects. I think 3d printing is a great tech if you can get the printer tweaked the way to make successful prints and know CAD . Lot of trial fitting to get a design right sometimes. When the printer malfunctions can be a love hate relationship not to mention https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=210454&stc=1&d=1558326554the waste of plastic.

Where did you get that stl?

Im looking for someone that can peint me a gear handle to go on a 3 way switch for a decent peice. Send me a pm with what you would charge. Thanks.

Owned Modules: F-18, F-16, F-14, AV-8B, A-10c, Huey, Hip, KA-50, Gazelle, Mig 15, Mig 19, Mig 21, FC3, P-51, BF-109, C-101, L-39, F-5, YAK-52

PC Specs- 8700k at 5.1GHz on Asrock z370 Fata1ity k6, EVGA 1080ti SSC2, 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ, 1TB NVMe m.2 Drive for DCS with a 500gb NVMe M.2 boot drive, Oculus Rift S

Im looking for someone that can peint me a gear handle to go on a 3 way switch for a decent peice. Send me a pm with what you would charge. Thanks.

Do you have a design you want?

Where are you located?

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes

@Huzar: i was about to buy an Ender 3 Pro.

Based on your experience (and the fact that it would be my first 3D printer) would you recommend it? I have no problem with electronics, software and DIY...

And, as i have read online that the filament quality affects a lot the prints, wich one are you using?

Thanks a lot!

@Huzar: i was about to buy an Ender 3 Pro.

Based on your experience (and the fact that it would be my first 3D printer) would you recommend it? I have no problem with electronics, software and DIY...

And, as i have read online that the filament quality affects a lot the prints, wich one are you using?

Thanks a lot!

I love my Ender 3 Pro!

I had one of the Ikea mirrors cut to fit it. Apply some MagiGoo to the bed every 20 or so prints and havent looked back since!

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes

Hi Jester,

I'm sorry for late reply but I was away for few days.

If you don't mind tinkering the Ender is fine. Calibrated properly is capable of really good prints, especially considering its price. I have chosen PRO version two reasons: Meanwell PSU (feels a bit safer then no-name one) and flexible magnetic PEI bed. This thing is brilliant, just clean it with isopropyl alcohol every few prints and absolutely no problems with prints sticking to it, no need for glues, hair sprays, painters tapes etc.

The best filament I have used is AMZ3D from Amazon, but bear in mind I haven't tried many so far, surely there are better ones.

Edited by huzar

Thank you DERacing and Huzar! Really appreciate!

Well, as i'm the impatient one here, my Ender pro is due to be delivered on thursday! :music_whistling:

I have ordered replacement springs since i read that the stock ones are too weak, and a metallic extruder ... maybe it's not necessary but was cheap so why not have it just in case?

I'm relieved to read that the magnetic bed is good as i left the glass bed for a subsequent order ... i'll try this and then see if is needed.

Oh, yes, ordered also a roll of PLA+ from tianse, i've seen reviews saying that is really good, maybe not much stronger than normal PLA but better looking.

Thanks again! I will update when it becomes operational

JT

Nice stuff guys!

I've been lurking in the 3d printing world for years now and finally felt things have matured enough to get my feet wet. Picked up a rather cheap but solid printer for 300 bucks and going to start seeing how I can use it to enhance my sim hobby :D

Intel i7-4770k @ 4.4ghz, 32gb ram, GTX 1080ti, Oculus Rift S

Advanced apologies if my post contains typos or missing letters. Many of my posts are typed on a laptop with an old keyboard that has a personality all its own.

Made a few upgrades for the Warthog Throttle.

Thanks to @blue73, @TomVR and @huzar among some other for the inspiration.

These are mainly prelim tests for now. Actually, printing another front guide plate for the landing gear and tail hook now. Having to make some adjustments to that for clearance when the throttles are in full AB.

IMG_20190609_223500977.thumb.jpg.9caffea9c529718a0b53f2c13e32ce40.jpg

IMG_20190609_223546614.thumb.jpg.3e0a23e3ddde0d9747f28be4648c2afd.jpg

So I've been printing like crazy with my new printer, just getting my feet wet and figuring things out. I have to say so far I've been very impressed with it. I got the Monoprice Select Mini v2 and its been running hard right out of the gate without really any problems.

Advanced apologies if my post contains typos or missing letters. Many of my posts are typed on a laptop with an old keyboard that has a personality all its own.

Now to design :)

I've spent the last week stumbling along in Fusion 360 but I think I finally have my first design finished. Will be printing up this weekend and hopefully it comes out right :)

Does anyone know what "standard" sizes are which are typically used for various cockpit modules on aircraft? I know they are all different sizes, but having worked on some of these decades ago when I was enlisted (EW systems), I know LRUs tended to come in various standard sizes and I'd imagine those in the cockpit are the same.

Hahah I love those things. I don't even want to think how much time I might have spent removing boxes if they used traditional screws. Funny though I never had seen it spelled out before, so I always thought they were called Zeus fasteners lol.

Great deep dive into something I always took for granted. The insight it gives into panel dimensions is genius too. Never would have thought of that.

Thanks for the excellent link!

Figures my printer has a 120mm bed. Guess i'll be designing boxes in two pieces.