PointCTRL - Finger Mounted VR Controller

Here are the pictures for the Odyssey+ Miles. I have added some comments if you might need more information let me know. I can't do as many measurements as everything is curved.

Peter

Odyssey+.zip

Edited by DutchCoolHand

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

Honestly, I'd be OK with a generic one that can use a doublestick tape. That way, I can' use it on my Rift, Pimax, or maybe HP down the road. For those of us that upgrade HMDs, a generic kit would be preferred. Of course, I guess I can mod it once I get one.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Honestly, I'd be OK with a generic one that can use a doublestick tape. That way, I can' use it on my Rift, Pimax, or maybe HP down the road. For those of us that upgrade HMDs, a generic kit would be preferred. Of course, I guess I can mod it once I get one.

I had similar thought. Attaching it to my head phones next to my TrackIR.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Here are the pictures for the Odyssey+ Miles.

Peter

The pics and dimensions are perfect, just what I needed. The fact that you included the flat, 2" center dimension is important. I will post some PDFs for your review as soon as I make the 3d models.

Thanks again Peter.

Here is a link for the new Rift s. It has a tracking camera in the middle on the top looking up. Hopefully we can mount to the left or right of it. https://www.oculus.com/rift-s/

I saw that vertical mount camera and forgot that’s where PointCTRL goes, Offset is not optimal, but I think I can move it slightly forward to clear the lens.

Thanks for the heads up.

Hey Hansangb,

I went back and forth with different quick-change HMS mounts and ended up with dedicated mounts for each HMD. Additional HMS mounts for different HMDs will be available. The cover for the HMS just snaps in place and the PCB is easily removed allowing it to be placed in another enclosure quickly. Additional HMSs will be available separately if you don’t want to switch PCBs and use one set of FCU’s

Thanks for the input.

I had similar thought. Attaching it to my head phones next to my TrackIR.

As soon as units are shipping, I am going to focus on the SM (Standard Monitors) version. There will probably be a few options to mount the sensor, or sensors, stationary or head mounted.

I must look and see if Track IR has head tracking tied up in a patent. If not, I will probably do an integrated head and finger tracker combined in the HMS. PointCTRL head tracking would work the opposite of Track IR with the LEDs mounted on the monitor and the camera on your head. I can track 16 objects at 200FPS so it’s not a problem to combine them both. By combining head and finger tracking I should be able to keep the mouse cursor still on the cockpit panel controls as you move your head but not your finger.

Thanks Chic, for reminding me of all the work I have ahead of me.

Update: It looks like all of the PCB’s are done and the stencil is still in process.

Thanks,

MIles

Edited by MilesD

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/06/01

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Hey Hansangb,

I went back and forth with different quick-change HMS mounts and ended up with dedicated mounts for each HMD. Additional HMS mounts for different HMDs will be available. The cover for the HMS just snaps in place and the PCB is easily removed allowing it to be placed in another enclosure quickly. Additional HMSs will be available separately if you don’t want to switch PCBs and use one set of FCU’s

Thanks for the input.

MIles

Sounds like a winner. Can't wait to give it a whirl.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Ditto!

I've also been following the HP Reverb info with great interest. Looks like a good improvement from the CV1. Time will tell and I will definitely have to upgrade my GFX, but in for a penny as they say...

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Thanks for the detailed update..Did not mean to distract you from your work. :)

Same here.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

I don't know how many will be available out of the gate. Considering that there are more than 150 folks on the list, *if* there isn't enough stock in the beginning, people should be told that they have X days to pay and order. Otherwise you lose your spot. I know lot of people sign up for these things, but not all pull the trigger when it comes time to pay. For example, I may hold of buying for the Rift because I'v moved on to Pimax.

Of course, if there's enough production volume out of the gate, it's a moot point.

Just a suggestion, not a demand.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

I don't know how many will be available out of the gate. Considering that there are more than 150 folks on the list, *if* there isn't enough stock in the beginning, people should be told that they have X days to pay and order. Otherwise you lose your spot. I know lot of people sign up for these things, but not all pull the trigger when it comes time to pay. For example, I may hold of buying for the Rift because I'v moved on to Pimax.

Of course, if there's enough production volume out of the gate, it's a moot point.

Just a suggestion, not a demand.

A good point Hansongb, As soon as the extra PCBs and stencils come in I will have enough parts for 250 units. Most parts are in the thousands and more than I anticipate selling.

I will have to confer with the "keeper of the list" FireCat , but I don't expect the list to be a firm commitment to purchase,. If someone wants to buy, but is short on cash, or misses the post with their name or numbers, I think we can just keep rolling them into the next group or put them on a published hold list until they are ready, or decide not to purchase.

I will be doing daily shipments so in the big picture I don't think it will have much of an impact on those eager to get their units. I am always open for suggestions if anyone has a better way.

Thanks

Miles

PCB_Status_10262019.thumb.jpg.558d0e8f232d01438703d18d19e19e46.jpg

Edited by MilesD

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

A good point Hansongb, As soon as the extra PCBs and stencils come in I will have enough parts for 250 units. Most parts are in the thousands and more than I anticipate selling.

I will have to confer with the "keeper of the list" FireCat , but I don't expect the list to be a firm commitment to purchase,. If someone wants to buy, but is short on cash, or misses the post with their name or numbers, I think we can just keep rolling them into the next group or put them on a published hold list until they are ready, or decide not to purchase.

I will be doing daily shipments so in the big picture I don't think it will have much of an impact on those eager to get their units. I am always open for suggestions if anyone has a better way.

Thanks

Miles

Yes, I can confirm Miles the list is made up in order of posts and members stating their interest in purchasing. Some have said they want to purchase but will wait for feedback from others before committing, some when funds allow. Only one person contacted me and requested to be removed from the list as they no longer use VR. Hope this helps to explain and address any concern.

Regards Firecat.

Ha ha, nice try!

No I read it in a book once...honest! :book: ... but to be fair it was a book about... :gun_rifle:

That denial sounds like old school Bradbury Lines talk to me.

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Thanks

Miles

Ah...that's should fine then! I hope you kill it!

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

Yes, I can confirm Miles the list is made up in order of posts and members stating their interest in purchasing. Some have said they want to purchase but will wait for feedback from others before committing, some when funds allow. Only one person contacted me and requested to be removed from the list as they no longer use VR. Hope this helps to explain and address any concern.

Regards Firecat.

How will you contact us? Email? Forum mail?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

How will you contact us? Email? Forum mail?

My shipping priority is to anyone in this forum who wants one. Once that's done and I have inventory, I will go live with a website to order from.

I will see if I can post a link to an invoice that will link again to my paypal for payment and shipping. Since FireCat has everybody numbered, we can just post something like "Currently accepting orders up to #30", kind of like boarding a plane.

Just an idea,

Miles

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Howdy guys,

Just wanted to report that I am testing the latest version with my HTC-Vive. The kit I have comes with a small bag to hold the two FCUs, the helmet mounted camera w double sided tape. A small recharging unit that allows you to plug in and recharge both FCUs at once, a nice 10' long cable to affix to your Helmet camera, double sided tape and small ties to secure your cables.

Set up is very easy and there is the ability to calibrate the device if needed (there's a vid on this). After plugging in the USB cable, windows immediately recognizes the device as a point-Ctl. I fired up DCS and jumped into CASE 1 F14 landing. Everything worked great with no fuss. With the FCUs I had both worked without the need of calibration and were spot on. You do have to map RCTL-KP5 to zoom. You hold the finger up to your face and it zooms in, very easy.

I then hopped into an F18 at an airfield and messed around in the cockpit. Knobs, you just hold down the forward button and twist your finger like you are twisting the knob which is cool. I then tried a P51...again nothing wazoo. Finally I tested the Huey to see what issues might arise when you look straight up to manipulate switches and buttons on he ceiling console. Again there were no issues.

Not satisfied there, I fired up Xplane 11 and hopped into a warrior II to try and engine out. Xplane 11's mouse driven cockpit manipulations are not as elegant as in DCS but otherwise I was able to manipulate switches in the cockpit, its just not as precise , though this is not a point ctl issue but an xplane gui issue. I'll be messing with Xplane and the mouse controls to see what setting work best.

Miles is working on how best to push updates out to users and we are messing with some peculiarities around the FCUs and desktop when you are not in game. Anyway, Point Ctl is very close to go live!

Los

Howdy guys,

Just wanted to report that I am testing the latest version with my HTC-Vive. The kit I have comes with a small bag to hold the two FCUs, the helmet mounted camera w double sided tape. A small recharging unit that allows you to plug in and recharge both FCUs at once, a nice 10' long cable to affix to your Helmet camera, double sided tape and small ties to secure your cables.

Los

great to hear this Los, your description is exactly what I hoped for. Just to make sure I understand, the part that goes on the HMD is connected to the PC with a USB cable? I had not noticed that in the videos but it makes complete sense.

I can't wait but I know I have to with the Odyssey+.

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

Yes it is communicating and powered via a usb cable. The FCUs are powered via rechargeable batteries. The cable length is 10 feet.

The devices are housed in these durable 3dprinted enclosures, small and snug. You have this cloth elastic strap (adjustable) to keep them snug to your finger but they are so light there's no need to sinch them down so you don't get circulation issues. I have a full hotas mfds and vr cockpit and the FCUs do not get in the way of manipulating real buttons and switches.

Los