PointCTRL - Finger Mounted VR Controller

I am still having issues with sticking the HMS onto the rift headset. I think it could need a clean, can anyone give advice as to a good method?

Hey Crash, I am assuming you have a CV1 and you have to attach the double face tape to the front of Headset. Nothing sticks well to the top.

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/05/15

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

I´m in, already PMed FireCat.

Thank you.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Been looking for something to add to my VR in DCS and this looks awesome. I'll hit you up on Discord with a couple questions. Great work!

Asus Prime Z390-A Motherboard LGA1151 (Intel 8th and 9th Gen)

Intel Core i7-9700K Coffee Lake 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.9 GHz Turbo) Desktop Processor Intel UHD Graphics 630, 32gb DDR Ram CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 DRAM ,   Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Xtreme 10G 2.0, Corsair H115i RGB Platinum AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, Intel 115X/2066, AMD AM4/TR4, Corsair CP-9020180-NA RMX Series RM850x 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular ATX Power Supply, 4 SSD 1TB

I'v received my invoice for ordering the pointCTRL. Thanks! After I ordered I saw a thread on page 2 in this forum that there is a V2 comming up. Would it be ok to pay this invoice and wait for the V2 (and later pay whatever extra for that version)? I'm in no hurry.

I'v received my invoice for ordering the pointCTRL. Thanks! After I ordered I saw a thread on page 2 in this forum that there is a V2 coming up. Would it be ok to pay this invoice and wait for the V2 (and later pay whatever extra for that version)? I'm in no hurry.

Hey Pinello,

No problem, please do not pay this invoice. I will cancel it and put you in the waiting for v2 folder. PointCTRLv2s price will remain at 1$75.00

Thanks for your patience,

Miles

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

I am number 400 and I just sent in the info this morning requesting an invoice and payment info. However, I would also like to wait for V2. Is that a possibility? Thank you!

My Pit: Corsair 780T Case, MSI Meg Godlike MoBo, I9-9900k, GeForce 2080 X Trio, 64 GB Corsair Ram, Corsair 150I Triple Fan Cooler, 980 Evo 1 TB SSD, Intel 660P 1 TB SSD, 6 corsair LL120 Fans.

I am number 400 and I just sent in the info this morning requesting an invoice and payment info. However, I would also like to wait for V2. Is that a possibility? Thank you!

Hey Mud,

No Problem we will move you over to the "waiting for v2 folder".

Thanks for your patience,

Miles

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

I wonder if this would make MFDs (or at least just the buttons on the frames!) something that can be retained when using VR. Since of course you don't see your own fingers in the virtual world, you're groping blindly for controls, but if you have the mouse cursor there to guide you, and if you can make the alignment between VR and your real setup match 1:1, then it would probably make it work?

Has anyone tried something like that?

I’ve been trying it lately... my conclusion is that it’s generally not worth the fumbling around that is necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Hi,

I wonder, does it emulate a mouse? Or a VR tracking device?

So, if we move our head, does the pointer also moves, as with a mouse? Or does it stay still and move only with your finger as a VR tracking device?

Thanks

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

Hi,

I wonder, does it emulate a mouse? Or a VR tracking device?

So, if we move our head, does the pointer also moves, as with a mouse? Or does it stay still and move only with your finger as a VR tracking device?

Thanks

Let me try and explain:

If for instance you point your finger at a button in front of you and then start to move your head, the cursor should more or less stay on that button.

That said, honesty requires me to mention that this will only work if:

• You move your head slowly (don't expect wonders if you are quickly moving your head over the place)
  • You make sure your PointCTRL is properly calibrated (which is very easy by the way, using the current audio assisted calibration)

Hope that explanation makes sense :)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I wonder if this would make MFDs (or at least just the buttons on the frames!) something that can be retained when using VR. Since of course you don't see your own fingers in the virtual world, you're groping blindly for controls, but if you have the mouse cursor there to guide you, and if you can make the alignment between VR and your real setup match 1:1, then it would probably make it work?

Has anyone tried something like that?

Honestly, PointCtrl is even better than expected. I was building 3 switch boxes when I got mine and only had one completed. The other two are no longer worth my time. My TM MFDs are also now slower for me to use in VR than just using the PointCtrl because my finger "alignment" has to be perfect with lots of variables (exactly where am I sitting today, cursor position etc.) to find the 1:1 position every time on those relatively small physical MFD buttons. The only time go to my switch box or Saitek Switch Panel is when I need to flip a switch without looking at it, usually the gear handle, master arm, flaps, and ejection. If I can see it on the screen or look at it quickly, PointCtrl is always faster in VR.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

Edited by Snake122

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

I have MFDs in my simpit set up like those of the F-16. No matter what, the scale will be off. Not worth the effort to be honest. The finger zappers become intuitive.

As a matter of fact, I only use the MFDs for utility buttons now. External views, door gunner commands, kneeboards etc.

Same here

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

If this works with MS FS2020, then boy are you in the money Miles :)

Any reason it would not? I will not buy msf2020 until they offer VR support for my headset, at this moment a rift S

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

VR is coming the Reverb 2 is first. If I was Miles I would let the civilian sim guys know all about Point CTRL :)

With all postal service problems currently?

For Miles' state of mind, I don't think that'd be a wise thing to do now.

Must be so frustrating, doing your best to produce and get this awesome product to customers as quickly as possible, only to find out that USPS is creating a total mess

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Oh!

Congrats!! :yay:

System specs:

Honestly, PointCtrl is even better than expected. I was building 3 switch boxes when I got mine and only had one completed. The other two are no longer worth my time. My TM MFDs are also now slower for me to use in VR than just using the PointCtrl because my finger "alignment" has to be perfect with lots of variables (exactly where am I sitting today, cursor position etc.) to find the 1:1 position every time on those relatively small physical MFD buttons. The only time go to my switch box or Saitek Switch Panel is when I need to flip a switch without looking at it, usually the gear handle, master arm, flaps, and ejection. If I can see it on the screen or look at it quickly, PointCtrl is always faster in VR.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

That is very interesting, thanks for sharing.

I'm itching to try PointCTRL in FS2020, I raised the issue of click and drag mouse rotary knobs, but I don't believe it's been addressed yet. Have to use the mousewheel button, which is a little slower than click and drag.

But for switches and everything else, I think it will work pretty smoothly. (I hope!)

Edited by A2597