PointCTRL - Finger Mounted VR Controller

So I just bought this thing out of curiosity of what a $299.00USD VR headset would be like. All I can say is, Holy Crap I like it. Much Clearer and better build quality than the Rift S, and because of my wide IPD, much clearer and better overall feel than the Reverb G1 for me.

1174249560_quest2_PointCTRL.jpgwidth955ampheight537.jpg.4643a566be1d98f263c00207b8352d06.jpg

• Like 1

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/03/10

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Which brand?

Looks like a quest 2

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

I’m still working on sorting out the best settings for the new system and the G2.

I can get 90fps over sparse areas on the map, but in places like Dubai or if there’s a lot of objects, I get 45-60fps.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

I’m still working on sorting out the best settings for the new system and the G2.

I can get 90fps over sparse areas on the map, but in places like Dubai or if there’s a lot of objects, I get 45-60fps.

I read somewhere steamvr crancking up the pixel density by itself, check it out

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Meaning that it cranks up past what it's set at? Not sure how I'd find out how to correct that.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Meaning that it cranks up past what it's set at? Not sure how I'd find out how to correct that.

Assuming a setting depending on your gpu. That setting may fit regular VR games, but not at all for dcs. Well beyond native resolution

So I just bought this thing out of curiosity of what a $299.00USD VR headset would be like. All I can say is, Holy Crap I like it. Much Clearer and better build quality than the Rift S, and because of my wide IPD, much clearer and better overall feel than the Reverb G1 for me.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tquest2_PointCTRL.jpg?width=955&height=537.jpg Views:\t0 Size:\t47.5 KB ID:\t7155261","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"7155261","data-size":"full","title":"quest2_PointCTRL.jpg?width=955&height=537.jpg"}[/ATTACH]

Which Link cable do you use?

Do you use an usb-c or usb-A connector?

Thinking to get it....but unsure about the link thing.....

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Which Link cable do you use?

Do you use an usb-c or usb-A connector?

Thinking to get it....but unsure about the link thing.....

Hey Vincent,

Here is the Cable I bought,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The big improvement for me may be mostly because of the adjustable IPD, I just wish it went a little wider. It just works every time I put it on without any fussing about.

I have used it a few times, and it works flawlessly. The double tapping of the case anywhere to activate the pass through is really helpful. No more lifting the headset to find stuff. I can see, and use my keyboard with the pass though when entering server passwords or using the search function when binding controls. It always drove me nuts when I had to lift the headset and put on my glasses to see stuff, now I just tap the headset twice and I am good.

I only had to make a few adjustments to get a good pic, Nvidia Vsync to FAST, Max the Oculus resolution slider, DCS PD to 1.

For me, this is a good enough place holder until gen3, or something comes out that will accommodate my IPD of 72.

Miles

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Assuming a setting depending on your gpu. That setting may fit regular VR games, but not at all for dcs. Well beyond native resolution

Actually, SteamVR does that on most VR headsets, for instance the 100% setting for my Pimax 5k+ is well over the native at a resolution 3412x2104 for wide FOV. But this SteamVR 100%>native resolution is extra noticeable in the G2 because they apparently set it extra high but is also supposed to go back to native in a future update.

I would bet though that what RogueSqdn is seeing in those areas is where DCS is switching from GPU bound to CPU bound. I get similar experiences with my 3090 and my i7-9700kf@5.0ghz, especially close to a Supercarrier or on a lots of aircraft and ground unit MP mission.

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

I think you're right, it's CPU bound in those areas with lots of objects: cities, FEBA, and crowded carrier decks. Hopefully that will improve with Vulkan. It's likely why I see a 5-10 fps increase when a Liberation mission is hosted on the old PC.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Hey Vincent,

Here is the Cable I bought,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The big improvement for me may be mostly because of the adjustable IPD, I just wish it went a little wider. It just works every time I put it on without any fussing about.

I have used it a few times, and it works flawlessly. The double tapping of the case anywhere to activate the pass through is really helpful. No more lifting the headset to find stuff. I can see, and use my keyboard with the pass though when entering server passwords or using the search function when binding controls. It always drove me nuts when I had to lift the headset and put on my glasses to see stuff, now I just tap the headset twice and I am good.

I only had to make a few adjustments to get a good pic, Nvidia Vsync to FAST, Max the Oculus resolution slider, DCS PD to 1.

For me, this is a good enough place holder until gen3, or something comes out that will accommodate my IPD of 72.

Miles

Ok thanks for the info....I ordered it last night on the oculus site....should arrive on the 7th of December

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

17 hours ago, crispy12 said:

The links are broken since the ED forum update. How do I know where I am on the list at the moment?

+1 please.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

On 11/27/2020 at 4:13 PM, MilesD said:

Are you saying the image quality is better? I have a Rift S and it is somewhat fuzzy

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

And sorry if this has been answered here before. With MSFS2020 supporting all VR headsets in the December 23rd update, can we use the controls in MSFS2020?

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

2 hours ago, Guy72230 said:

I agree with him !!

Hey All,
Pre Orders have moved to the PointCTRL website https://pointctrl.com/ and FireCats list is now on the PointCTRL discord, and will be updated there only https://discord.com/channels/608478274472902656/784841294865891339/784842469329862657. I should have a few pics of v2 later today.

Thanks,

Miles

Edited by MilesD

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Il 27/11/2020 at 22:13, MilesD ha scritto:

1174249560_quest2_PointCTRL.jpgwidth955ampheight537.jpg.4643a566be1d98f263c00207b8352d06.jpg

A few questions for you, if I can:

1) I have a Rift s. My Idea was to upgrade to a Reverb g2 (after a PC upgrade, when the new Nvidia 30 or AMD 6000 GPUs will finally appear in stores), but I have an IPD of 74 mm. Do you think a Quest 2 is a better option? How is the display clarity over the Rift s? And over the original Reverb? I know oculus link works compressing data and then decompressing inside the HMD, does this behaviour affect visual clarity and frame rate? I like my Rift s and the Oculus VR software is amazing, so it would be a great news if I could get a performance and visual boost with a Quest 2 over my Rift s, thus keeping the Oculus environment.

2) I'd like to buy a pointctrl. If I compile the form on pointctrl site will I get the V2 version? Is this enough to do, or have I to do something else here? Thanks.

3) I have a 3d printer; do you provide stls for the sensor mount, in case I'll change my HMD later on? I'm from Italy and I think it would be quite tricky to add a second order for just a plastic spare part.

Thanks and keep the good work, your device appears to be amazing!

Edited by nessuno0505

I've gotten my G2 and new system dialed in fairly well for DCS now.  I decided to focus on quality and a smooth experience rather than trying to keep 90FPS.

Over the front in a Liberation campaign in Syria, I'm still getting 45+ FPS.  👍

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

On 12/8/2020 at 10:23 AM, nessuno0505 said:

A few questions for you, if I can:

1) I have a Rift s. My Idea was to upgrade to a Reverb g2 (after a PC upgrade, when the new Nvidia 30 or AMD 6000 GPUs will finally appear in stores), but I have an IPD of 74 mm. Do you think a Quest 2 is a better option? How is the display clarity over the Rift s? And over the original Reverb? I know oculus link works compressing data and then decompressing inside the HMD, does this behaviour affect visual clarity and frame rate? I like my Rift s and the Oculus VR software is amazing, so it would be a great news if I could get a performance and visual boost with a Quest 2 over my Rift s, thus keeping the Oculus environment.

2) I'd like to buy a pointctrl. If I compile the form on pointctrl site will I get the V2 version? Is this enough to do, or have I to do something else here? Thanks.

3) I have a 3d printer; do you provide stls for the sensor mount, in case I'll change my HMD later on? I'm from Italy and I think it would be quite tricky to add a second order for just a plastic spare part.

Thanks and keep the good work, your device appears to be amazing!

Apologies nessuno0505,

I kept scanning by that Quest2 pic and thought it was my post and didn't see your questions.

1) For me it's a big improvement over the S, but that come in large part from the adjustable IPD, I have a 72 IPD. Aside from the slightly higher res displays the optics seem a better for me also. A big plus for me is the PnP of it all. I just put in on, click on the Oculus link,  and point to DCS and it starts perfectly every time without any fussing about. The S seem to take a few tries to get everything started properly, but that may have been me. Plus having option for wireless room scale content is interesting.

2) You will get v2, I am going to start posting IPR (in progress reports) with pics tonight so everyone can see where we are with it. I know there is a lot of frustration out there with the delay. Posting IPRs will also help keep me stay focused on PointCTRL.

3) Yes you are correct, $15.00 USD shipping for a $8.00 USD item doesn't make sense. Most people buy an extra mount with their initial kit for device they are planning on upgrading. However if you need a STL for a new HMS, I do provide the stl so can print your own.

Thanks for your support, I wouldn't say it's amazing, but it does work for us flight simmers in DCS.

Grazie ankora

Miles

Edited by MilesD

PointCTRLsmall.jpg