PointCTRL - Finger Mounted VR Controller

Can confirm it does not work yet. not Miles fault. the mouse works weird in MSFS2020

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

On 1/9/2021 at 10:51 AM, HipoxiK said:

I have pre-orded and can't wait to get a set of these. I'm sick of having to pick up a VR controller to click around the cockpit then put it back down.

Would it be posible to add/sync the DCS VR hand models to these devices? 

I can imagine the immersion being better again if your hand is moving around the cockpit as it does when using VR controllers in DCS.

Cheers and thanks for this amazing piece of tech.

That would be nice. 

Can't wait either

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

16 minutes ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

That would be nice. 

Can't wait either

there are user of this that put up a board to have the tactile feedback. I dont need it, to me this feels real. will it get better in the future? I am certain and so says Miles

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

I tried that about a year ago and found it to be more trouble than it’s worth.

YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Thanks 1

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

4 hours ago, RumSponge said:

And to think I nearly pulled the trigger on a pair of Capto gloves before I saw this. I really don't mind a bit of wait if it means I will finally be able to tune the radios in the A10.

You won't be disappointed! I recently had my PC out of action for a good couple of months (before Miles came to the rescue!). Getting them back on makes it feel so natural to point at and manipulate controls in the cockpit again. I really couldn't imagine flying without them and am really looking forward to the V2 FPU's.

While they are not perfect (what is?), Miles always stated that they would be an interim solution to the problem of interaction in VR, well it's been a good few years now and I have yet to see anything equal, let alone surpass the functionality these bring to the party!

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

4 hours ago, Avalon66 said:

Hi Miles

I’d be interested to mount the system into psvr helmet. Which kind of mounting option should I choose?

thanks

Hmm... That's a first request, I will have a look at it.

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/05/15

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

PointCTRL v2 to being shipping this week.
We will start slow with production prototypes, if feedback is positive and nothing pops up from the users, we will increase production every week

The HMS is the same form factor as v1, but has an added stress relief in the micro USB connector. We were not getting 100% reliability out of the new micro-controllers.

There is no performance or feature gain with the new cortex processor. They were just going to be easier for us to manufacture.

The original form factor actually works better for all VR headsets except the Index. If you have an Index, you can wait until we offer both form factors if you like. Pics of the index can be seen in the HMS pics channel on the Discord.

Thanks again for all of your support patience, we truly appreciate it.

Miles

PointCTRL_V2.png

Edited by MilesD
  • Like 1

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/05/15

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

This is going to sound like a daft question, but how much does rely on line of sight to the hand controllers from the headset unit, I ask, because my setup forces my hands below my desk (space constraints) where my controllers are mounted?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Looking forward to it, Miles!

PMed you on Discord.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

How do we tell where we are in the pre-order line?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

OK so now that I know I will be continuing to use DCS after getting through much of  my learning curve with the Hornet, and obviously these finger trackers have been doing quite well, I have finally placed my pre-order.

Looking forward to this!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

27 minutes ago, dburne said:

OK so now that I know I will be continuing to use DCS after getting through much of  my learning curve with the Hornet, and obviously these finger trackers have been doing quite well, I have finally placed my pre-order.

Looking forward to this!

You will definitely enjoy using them.  I have V1 and may pre-order V2 as they are a little smaller.

58 minutes ago, Drac said:

You will definitely enjoy using them.  I have V1 and may pre-order V2 as they are a little smaller.

So I just pre-ordered today, I assume I will be getting V2?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

21 minutes ago, Drac said:

Yes...you will be getting the V2 unless you specifically ask for the V1.

Sounds good thanks.

Don B

28 minutes ago, nessuno0505 said:

Preordered from the site back in december, can't wait.

P.S. why does it not work with fs2020? Isn't it just a mouse? If you can use a regular mouse, you should be able to use this... why not?

Miles discussed here.

Re: FS2020,

The reason it doesn't work (yet!) is because FS2020 basically maps the mouse to a sphere around the player, rather than to the current viewpoint.

Miles said he may be able to do something for it, but is currently focused on getting production up and running before he can really dig into it.

(And no promises, this is intended for DCS currently)