PointCTRL - Finger Mounted VR Controller

On 5/15/2021 at 6:16 PM, speed-of-heat said:

hmmm so my name doesnt seem to be on the list ? despite me ordering and getting a confirmation on the 01-FEB-21 and an update on the 20-FEB-21

Interesting, i have ordered shortly after the new preorder process (website) was possible, but got no confirmation e-mail or something else. Also tried to contact operations@pointctrl.com but no response and my spam folder was empty too. Is there a chance to check if my preorder was valid?

Edited by hooti

13 hours ago, hooti said:

Interesting, i have ordered shortly after the new preorder process (website) was possible, but got no confirmation e-mail or something else. Also tried to contact operations@pointctrl.com but no response and my spam folder was empty too. Is there a chance to check if my preorder was valid?

Hey Hoot,
The first 20 or so orders on the web site did not auto-send a confirmation. If you like, DM your order name, or the email you provided, and I can send a confirmation. Production is just now picking up and can be followed in the PointCTRL Discord also.

Thanks,

Miles

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/06/01

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Hello @MilesD and everyone else who knows anything about this nice piece of electronics 😉
Got hold of a used V1 to shorten the waiting time for V2.
When i first fixed it to the HMD, the micro USB socket inside the HMS PCB broke off 😱 A weak point in my opinion.
Now i want to solder the individual wires directly to the PCB because everything else (soldering the socket) makes no sense and is almost impossible.

Now my question: is the PIN- assignment correct? Read from the entrance side from above looking at the PCB from left to right:
1 red - 2 white - 3 green - 4 ID (free) - 5 black
Can I just leave 4 "ID/sense" blank, or do I have to connect it to ground
(easy connection of 4 + 5) on the PCB side?

Thanks in advance and greetings from Bavaria

20210527_222248.jpg

images.png

Edited by Ganesh

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

Hey Ganesh,
The ID is left unconnected. Good luck, and let us know how you make out. You are correct, the Micro USB is the weak point. The new HMS mounts have an integrated support.

Miles

20210224_002355.jpg

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

DONE! 💪 And secured with a chunk of hot glue!
Thank you for the tip with the alternative soldering points. At the base itself it would have been impossible.
Worked perfectly!
Unfortunately my G2 or rather its cable said goodbye on the same evening 4-1 error 🤮
I´ll take a summer break now
🌞

20210528_192651.jpg

Edited by Ganesh

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

5 hours ago, Mower said:

Where we at with this please

According to Discord, unit #450 from Firecat list.
There is currently a hiatus since two weeks ago due to some FCU hotfix.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

I pre ordered on the 1st of February... i havent had anything since then  

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Just now, Durkin said:

If I preorder a set of these now, how long is the wait to get them? I understand they are hand build by someone, just trying to get an idea.

hard to guess an estimate sir. Still about 100 devices pending from FireCat list. Let´s say 6 weeks WHEN shipping is resumed, currently on pause.
Then Pre-order website list will start, but I don´t think pre-orders figures are public.
Then shipping from the USA.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

I feel little sorry for the OP about how many is ordering this stuff. As one can make small production of 50 or so units fairly easily, but when it becomes hundreds of units, then it starts to be challenge to handle....

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

agreed i wasn't judging; just stating the data 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

1 hour ago, Fri13 said:

I feel little sorry for the OP about how many is ordering this stuff. As one can make small production of 50 or so units fairly easily, but when it becomes hundreds of units, then it starts to be challenge to handle....

They(there are several people involved) are able to provide product and services to USAF so I guess some DCS users aren´t that challenging 😉

I can't even remember when I pre-ordered lol.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I know it is a small manufacture but with all the VR flying stuff taking off would be nice to see if they could get some real production runs going. I will watch for the pre order site list to see how it is going.

Edited by Durkin

1 hour ago, Durkin said:

I know it is a small manufacture but with all the VR flying stuff taking off would be nice to see if they could get some real production runs going. I will watch for the pre order site list to see how it is going.

prouction began to ramp up with about 130 devices sent in two months, but it´s currently paused due to some nasty bug which requires special attention. Fingers crossed though.

Any way I can help? Kit assembly, shipping orders (CONUS)? I know how to solder... I don't like it, but I can do it 🙂

Edited by Sr.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

3 hours ago, DD_Crash said:

Hello Miles. I now have a reverb G2, do you make the HMS body for it?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Topo said:

I've changed my HMD too, from a Rift S to a Reverb G2; i hope we can change the HMD mount prior shipping.

yes, once your order moves to shipping, you are allowed to choose other headset

Hey Guys,
          I have had my head down working a firmware bug. I don't get frustrated easily, but this thing drove me crazy. It does not appear to follow any logic.  Even after an apparent fix, I kept working it because I could not find the exact cause. I spent the last week troubleshooting the hardware to be sure there was not some hardware issue. Anyway I have not had any more reports of a hard reset (unpluging the FCU battery) being required, so I will start invoicing again Monday.
Apologies for the delay.

Miles

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

PointCTRLsmall.jpg