PointCTRL - Finger Mounted VR Controller

any user from Spain who has already received the kit?? Mine seems to be stuck at the airport since July 13th.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

On 8/1/2021 at 7:55 PM, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

any user from Spain who has already received the kit?? Mine seems to be stuck at the airport since July 13th.

Hey Tundra, Is that update for departing the Madrid airport new? Last time I checked I thought it just said it departed New York.

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/06/01

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

1 hour ago, MilesD said:

Hey Tundra, Is that update for departing the Madrid airport new? Last time I checked I thought it just said it departed New York.

Madrid airport yes, it´s either customs or whichever postal services. I also signed for email/text updates but not a word since that date.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

14 hours ago, Jarhead0331 said:

Hey Miles...you still in CT? I'm in Suffolk County...mind if I swim across the Sound to pick mine up?

Thanks.

Sure, we can both do an over the horizon swim and meet at the Middle Ground Lighthouse.

Edited by MilesD

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

3 hours ago, MilesD said:

Sure, we can both do an over the horizon swim and meet at the Middle Ground Lighthouse.

On second thought...I'm not the best swimmer. You can just ship it. Hope it's getting close. I ordered from the website in early April.

Thanks.

Are we anywhere near the Jan 2021 pre orders?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Hi

I have a version 1 of this device, number 221 and was wondering if the V2 was a free upgrade or a paid upgrade, and at what further price ?

In addition I have replaced my Oculus S with a  Reverb G2 so would need a different head mounted device too

On 8/5/2021 at 4:06 PM, Sr. said:

Are we anywhere near the Jan 2021 pre orders?

We should be done with FireCats list in a few weeks. We will then start shipping from the website pre orders that start 20 November.

On 8/6/2021 at 8:43 PM, Cybermann said:

Hi

I have a version 1 of this device, number 221 and was wondering if the V2 was a free upgrade or a paid upgrade, and at what further price ?

In addition I have replaced my Oculus S with a  Reverb G2 so would need a different head mounted device too

Firmware updates are always free, v2 is new hardware, mostly just smaller, and a bit more refined FCUs.

Thanks for the questions and your patience,

Miles

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Hello Miles!  I pre-ordered the PointCTRL back on Feb 5, 2021.  However, I still haven't received it or any notification that it was sent. I also wasn't assigned any tracking number, so I don't know where I stand in your order list.  Do you have a record of my order?

David Pratt

Chesterbrook, PA 

Here is my confirmation email I received from you:

-----Original Message-----
To: david.pratt14@verizon.net
Sent: Fri, Feb 5, 2021 5:59 pm
Subject: Preorder Confirmation

Thank you for Preordering PointCTRL. You will receive a PayPal invoice when your order is ready to ship. We are currently starting production for PointCTRL Version 2, and our goal is to have all preorders shipped within 60 days. Thank you again for your support and patience. The PointCTRL Team

=====================================

Intel I7-6700 32GB RAM, Krait Z170A, NVIDIA RTX 2080ti 11GB, TrackIR5, TM HOTAS Warthog, MFG pedals, Samsung CRG9 49" monitor, HP Reverb VR, 500GB SSD.

On 7/27/2021 at 9:57 PM, FiringPin said:

Great to see you're finally close to my number - 511 🙂

Sent in a pre-order form for my new Quest 2 headset.

So last month I received the Invoice and promptly paid it. When would I get notification of shipment? Not trying to be impatient, but there's a hell of a lot to read in this thread, and I'm really not sure what the current state of the orders are.

Thanks

6 hours ago, FiringPin said:

So last month I received the Invoice and promptly paid it. When would I get notification of shipment? Not trying to be impatient, but there's a hell of a lot to read in this thread, and I'm really not sure what the current state of the orders are.

Thanks

Hey FiringPin,
You should have received a tracking number by now to the email you paid the invoice from. Not all of the last groups orders have shipped yet, but all of the labels have been created. I delayed sending this groups out a bit because I wanted to add the new HMS firmware, which is much easier to set-up. Something small seems to always pop up, and I try and include it before shipping the next groups. Based on user feedback I also changed the key Aux Button key mapping. I added [LCTRL]+[RCTRL] to the q,w,e,r,t, and y mapping to avoid conflicts with default DCS key-binds per some of the guys request.

Here is how the process goes with orders, invoices and shipping for anyone interested.
1) When I have a batch of PointCTRLs completed and initially tested, I send out the invoices for a group.
2) I wait a few a few days for all of the invoices to get paid for that group. (Printing them all at once helps me keep track of things and saves a lot of time)

3) When all of the invoices are paid, I print out the shipping labels, and packing slips.
4) From the packing slips, I then assemble the HMS with the specific mount, buttons, chargers ect, and test each kit as a complete unit before putting it in a bin with the packing slip for Carol to package up and marry with the shipping label.

5) When all or most of the group is boxed up we take them to the local Post Office.

I try and keep it under a week from when the invoices go out, to when the last one is shipped, but something usually comes up and delays that a bit. This time was the firmware improvements, but I think the new users will be happy with how much easier to is to set up. I spent a few hours today making a video with everything from unpackaging, testing, mounting, calibration and then use.

Hope that helps,

Miles

Edited by MilesD

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

On 8/10/2021 at 1:27 PM, bigbear said:

Hello Miles!  I pre-ordered the PointCTRL back on Feb 5, 2021.  However, I still haven't received it or any notification that it was sent. I also wasn't assigned any tracking number, so I don't know where I stand in your order list.  Do you have a record of my order?

Yours are still a long way off. Chances are, you won't be getting yours until next year. They're just finishing of FireCat's list and haven't even started on the web preorders. I've preordered in November and still haven't received any notification yet. I'm hoping I get mine this year.

Sim Rig: Intel 12700KF, MSI RTX4090, 32GB DDR4@3200, Quest 3 headset, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals

15 hours ago, TimberWolf said:

Yours are still a long way off. Chances are, you won't be getting yours until next year. They're just finishing of FireCat's list and haven't even started on the web preorders. I've preordered in November and still haven't received any notification yet. I'm hoping I get mine this year.

Hey TimberWolf,
All 1 thru 520 orders are shipped and have tracking visibility. In addition to the firmware update delay, we shipped more than double this weeks numbers because folks from previous groups or early adopters also paid invoices this week. All good, I was just not expecting that many.

The good news is, November order dates will be the first groups called after FireCats list is completed.  I am going to risk a projection, and say we should be done with FireCats list in the beginning of September.

Thanks for your patience.

Miles

• Like 2

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Just wanted to state again the help I´m receiving from @MilesD while we deal with delivery issues from my unit. Thanks sir.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Jarhead0331 said:

Any updates on where things stand on the shipping process? Have website orders begun to ship yet?

Thanks.

Shipping should continue now with the last orders from firecat's list (22 to go) and then website orders will start. MilesD had problems to get parts (chip shortage, ...) , but now he has enough for most if not all back-orders.

You will find all news and the shipment status on the discord

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hive said:

Shipping should continue now with the last orders from firecat's list (22 to go) and then website orders will start. MilesD had problems to get parts (chip shortage, ...) , but now he has enough for most if not all back-orders.

You will find all news and the shipment status on the discord

Thanks for the info and link, I am now set up on Discord to be able to follow all this.

However looking at the Firecats list there seems there are a lot more than 22 to go?

It says awaiting production # 426-552. Or am I reading this wrong?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

thats sort of meaningless if you are in the new web order cohort...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

1 hour ago, Hive said:

Have a look at Information > currently-shipping-orders on the discord. We are at 530 from 552. 

Ok well then now I am thoroughly confused - for me that ain't nothing new though. I figured the Discord data of open orders would have been accurate.

I will just keep waiting patiently till my name is called, got nothing but time - hopefully lol.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

1 hour ago, dburne said:

Ok well then now I am thoroughly confused - for me that ain't nothing new though. I figured the Discord data of open orders would have been accurate.

I will just keep waiting patiently till my name is called, got nothing but time - hopefully lol.

IIRC the original Discord tracking using Firecats list got overwhelmed some time ago and it was discontinued.  Hive points to the current tracking information.

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

17 hours ago, AKA_Clutter said:

IIRC the original Discord tracking using Firecats list got overwhelmed some time ago and it was discontinued.  Hive points to the current tracking information.

Good deal thanks.

Don B

Shout out to Miles for awesomeness.  I took a break from DCS for a year or so; finally got my system back up and running, including PointCtrl.  I still marvel at it.  For me, it is a similar leap in immersion that going from monitors to VR was.  Sitting in and operating different cockpits, the way they are supposed to operate.  And to double-up on it, Miles - you continue to share this awesomeness with all of us - we're in your debt! 

• Like 1