PointCTRL - Finger Mounted VR Controller

38 minutes ago, dburne said:

Yay got a tracking number now, looks like my Point Control will be shipping out tomorrow.

Really looking forward to trying this out after about a year of waiting. Good times ahead.

Same 👍

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Tracking showing delivery sometime Monday, getting close!

I wonder how long the learning curve is in getting adjusted to using these versus a mouse and/or HOTAS buttons assigned as mouse clicks. Even though I have some button assignments for that I seemed to always gravitate back to using my mouse. I have a pull out pad on right side of my desk so I always had my mouse positioned in a good spot for easy use with my right hand. Going to be way cool I think having it now at my fingertips. I have been watching some of Miles setup videos to at least be as prepared as I can be for when it arrives. Hard to believe after about a year of waiting it is finally about here now.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Big thing is you can keep you right hand on the stick and use your left for switches at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

In the beginning you will grab four the mouse, but that will be gone fast, since PointCTRL is very intuitiv.

Now I point at switches even not wearing the FCUs for a quick test hop.

But basicly it's like pre flight natural to slip the finger thingys on, as soon as dcs starts. I don't want to be without it any more

Edited by Lt_Jaeger
  • Like 1

Thanks much guys, so looking forward to it. Come on Monday!!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Woohoo tracking was showing Monday this morning but it actually just arrived! Finally after a year long wait it is in my hands! Time to start digging in now.

• Like 1

Don B

Just getting started setting this thing up, probably won't get to use it much till tomorrow. Just attached the HMS to the Aero, thought I would show you guys what Miles came up with to deal with those heat exhaust vents on the Aero. I will be providing some feedback on how it goes. I don't think there will be any heating issue, seems Miles has given plenty of room for it to exhaust out of there.

soEGGZv.jpg

Once I get it finished and cables sorted and dressed out I will post final pics, probably sometime tomorrow.

• Like 1

Don B

Not having much luck this evening with all the calibration routines, ended up just having to unplug the unit. Will try a fresh start in the morning.

Don B

Hi All,

I’ve been using PointCTRL for a month now and it’s awesome. It really takes VR to a new level, so much better then trying to find the mouse or use clumsy hand controllers to click around the cockpit. 

It’s very intuitive to use and after a few flights becomes second nature. The units on your index fingers are small and light enough where they don’t inhibit the use of flight controls for either fixed wing or rotary wing. 

I’d also highly recommend the advanced kit. The extra buttons on the headset add to immersion as you can lift your hand up to your headset to press key binds such as ‘salute’ or ‘NVG’ which again is an intuitive movement like locking NVG’s down on your helmet.

If you change headsets over time don’t worry. Miles was very responsive to assisting me with the appropriate 3D files so that I could print my replacement HMS cover. 

I understand there can be some wait time on orders but if you are serious about VR I would highly recommend this peripheral. 

Safety first, fun always. 

Quinny

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dburne said:

Not having much luck this evening with all the calibration routines, ended up just having to unplug the unit. Will try a fresh start in the morning.

I found that default calibration works fine as long as you dont enter fullscreen, something I do by pressing Alt+Enter.
One key detail is the L-shape usb connector, that point musn´t handle any tension at all. Some on Discord suggested buying a small usb cable to leave it permanently attached and with some slack, so the soldering point sticks to the PCB.

Enjoy 🙂

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Having issues with IR light this morning. Have a window in front of me that has blinds but apparently letting too much light through. Wife has hung a dark blanket but getting some interference still kind of off and on, position of sun I suppose. Once it settles down and showing no interference will proceed with setting targets and 5 point calibration. I want to only have to do this one time lol.

Will be looking into sun block out blinds for hopefully a better more permanent solution. This device definitely does not like an IR light.

Don B

Also be wary of any lights above your setup. I have a ceiling fan right above my cockpit and only have bulbs on in the two lights pointed the other way.

They’re also low wattage LEDs for a softer light.

061717e03b74753462b395f9ce4c690b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Yeah I have a lamp on the right side of my desk, pretty bright but have confirmed it does not cause any IR interference. Only the sun on the window in front of me. Seems to be getting better as the sun is moving this morning, hopefully I will be able to complete setting targets and 5 point calibration here soon.  I want to make sure I have zero interference for when I do that.

Don B

Mine seems to be hung up somewhere.

Tracking info hasn't changed since first notification.  😞

"Your shipment was received at 4:17 pm on February 22, 2022 in WALLINGFORD, CT 06492. The acceptance of your package is pending."

But, I've never had much good luck with USPS.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

3 minutes ago, Sr. said:

"Your shipment was received at 4:17 pm on February 22, 2022 in WALLINGFORD, CT 06492. The acceptance of your package is pending."

Mine showed like that for a couple of days I think.

Don B

Just now, dburne said:

Mine showed like that for a couple of days I think.

So there's hope  😁

--Arthur C Clark

17 hours ago, dburne said:

Woohoo tracking was showing Monday this morning but it actually just arrived! Finally after a year long wait it is in my hands! Time to start digging in now.

Please provide your feedback on worth it.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

49 minutes ago, Sr. said:

This is standard.  Mine was in this state for several days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steel Jaw said:

Please provide your feedback on worth it.

Will do - this window in front of me is giving me fits. Even dark blanket is not filtering all the IR light. Wife has gone out to try and find something to take care of this, otherwise will have to wait till sun goes down to be able to even calibrate and use this thing. Yeah I have a great wife! I mean any amount of IR light sets this thing off. Just got my Aux buttons mounted to sides of my Aero. Running out of things to do in the meantime lol.

Edited by dburne

Don B

QK87y4g.jpg

tw4hSdy.jpg

Don B

The kit came with some black sheathing to clean up those wires, once I have everything set up and working properly I will clean them up.

Don B