PointCTRL - Finger Mounted VR Controller

1: They glow blue whilst charging, when charged the blue goes out and only green light lit on charging cable.

2: No idea. I am sure Miles can help here. Might want to hit him up on Discord.

3: Nope plugging it in turns it on, mine comes on pretty quickly.  It will make the connect and disconnect sound a couple of times on mine. Maybe try different usb port? I have mine plugged into a USB hub with individual on/off switch, so I can just turn mine on and off with the switch.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

18 minutes ago, Lt_Jaeger said:

2. You can remove the adapters from the port and got a standard mini(?) USB connector. 

These are cool. Just ordered one for my smart phone, USB type C port.

No more pocket fuzz.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Interesting enough I had my two FCU's on charge this afternoon, left one was fully charged about an hour ago, right one still glowing blue. Kind of unusual, will see if it eventually goes out.

Edit: Ok it finally went out, must have been really dead. Made sense it took longer than the left one as I am right handed.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Got to do a rough calibration & play around in the A-10C for a bit. Now I gotta figure out a way to center mount my stick as I keep punching it while reaching toward the right console 🤣

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

35 minutes ago, Sr. said:

Got to do a rough calibration & play around in the A-10C for a bit. Now I gotta figure out a way to center mount my stick as I keep punching it while reaching toward the right console 🤣

:thumbup:

Yep center mount is the way to go. Feels realistic when I have to reach around my stick to press a switch in the Hornet that is directly in front it.

The immersion these things provide is fantastic. I programmed salute in the Hornet to one of my aux buttons on the right side attached to my headset. Immersion baby.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 3

Don B

That feeling you get when you are getting prepped for a full day of combat flying and suddenly remember you forgot to plug in the FCU's for charging after yesterday's full day of flying...

:shocking:

Thankfully they do not take too long to charge. Fly without Point Control? No way.

Edited by dburne

Don B

I keep my old v1 FCUs charged for that very reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Guys, I'd like to ask for your input. For those who pre-ordered via website: my order was placed the first week of July 2021, how long do you think it's going to take before it's ready, based on your own order date/delivery?

1 hour ago, Picchio said:

Guys, I'd like to ask for your input. For those who pre-ordered via website: my order was placed the first week of July 2021, how long do you think it's going to take before it's ready, based on your own order date/delivery?

If I recall, I'm sure mine was 1 year to the day (ordered 6th January 2021, received either the 4th or 6th January 2022).

Once calibrated/dialled/tuned in, it's a great little product that works quite well - @MilesD was fantastic at providing personal assistance with my setup first time around 🙂

I recommend connecting to the PointCTRL discord and messaging @MilesD on there to get an estimation.

Edited by Dodge
  • Thanks 1

Regards,
Paul "Dodge / LondonLad" 

SYSTEM SPECS: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x , 64GB 3600MHz RAM, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming, NVIDIA RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6, IIYAMA 34" Curved GB3466WQSU Monitor, VPC WarBRD-D Base, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, Thrustmaster HOTAS Throttle, VPC ACE Interceptor PedalsVKB Pedals (v4) (backup)  + TM MFD w/CUBESIM (x2), PointCTRL, HP Reverb G2 VR  Headset, Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset, & TrackIR

Group: DCAF (Now Left, but a great group to be apart of - UK Based)

Yeah mine was right around a year wait also. Just got it about a week and a half ago.

• Like 1

Don B

I take it everyone so far is happy with the product?  I have been saving for a year and am nearly there.  For me in the past prior to VR, when I flew with TrackIR, I would never fly without TIR?  Is is it now the same with PCL?

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

17 minutes ago, Steel Jaw said:

I take it everyone so far is happy with the product?  I have been saving for a year and am nearly there.  For me in the past prior to VR, when I flew with TrackIR, I would never fly without TIR?  Is is it now the same with PCL?

Yeah for me it is. Have my FCU's charging now for another session of flying. Not going to fly in DCS till they are charged up. Probably you should have got a pre-order in as wait list is so long. For me it was well worth the wait. Having two mouse controllers one on each finger, is quite nice. No more reaching for the mouse and has reduced the number of buttons I was using on my HOTAS. Strongly suggest the advance kit - having those two sets of buttons attached one on each side of my headset come in handy as well. I use one button on the right for pilot salute which is kind of immersive. I also use them for fps counter, vr-recenter, escape, pause. 

I waited a year for mine and am very glad I did. I love doing the cold start routine on the super carrier in my Hornet with Point Control. I think most folks that get these are very happy with them. It does add another cable to route coming from your headset. I just zip tied mine for the first few feet to my headset cable which helped.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 2

Don B

6 hours ago, dburne said:

Yeah for me it is. Have my FCU's charging now for another session of flying. Not going to fly in DCS till they are charged up. Probably you should have got a pre-order in as wait list is so long. For me it was well worth the wait. Having two mouse controllers one on each finger, is quite nice. No more reaching for the mouse and has reduced the number of buttons I was using on my HOTAS. Strongly suggest the advance kit - having those two sets of buttons attached one on each side of my headset come in handy as well. I use one button on the right for pilot salute which is kind of immersive. I also use them for fps counter, vr-recenter, escape, pause. 

I waited a year for mine and am very glad I did. I love doing the cold start routine on the super carrier in my Hornet with Point Control. I think most folks that get these are very happy with them. It does add another cable to route coming from your headset. I just zip tied mine for the first few feet to my headset cable which helped.

I also put NVG controls for the extra buttons 😉

• Like 1

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

50 minutes ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

I also put NVG controls for the extra buttons 😉

:thumbup:

Don B

So far the only issue I see with Point Control is it is causing me to neglect my two other flight sims. 

:renske:

That is ok though as I am currently engrossed in a Hornet Campaign.

• Like 1

Don B

4 minutes ago, Nahemoth said:

Which Hornet campaign? 😀

I have been doing another play through of Badger's Hornet campaigns. Currently on his third one - Rise of the Persian Lion. Love the campaigns based off the Super Carrier. Rise of the Persian Lion is all cold starts so I get good use out of Point Control in that one.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1

Don B

Will have to give it a shot sometime. Right now I’m in the middle of a Caucasus campaign in Liberation, flying the Viper out of Lochini.

I don’t think I’ve flown anything else for several months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Well crap I keep forgetting to put the FCU's on charge first thing in the morning. Got ready to go now and realized that. Guess I need to have Alexa to remind me first thing in the morning. Luckily they don't take very long to charge up full.

Edited by dburne

Don B

2 hours ago, MilesD said:

Hey Don,

I put them on the charger when the headset comes off and I am done flying. Right from the fingers to the charger.

That is the smart thing to do. I never claimed to be that LOL.

Thanks I will try to remember it.

Edited by dburne

Don B

On 3/5/2022 at 3:03 PM, dburne said:

I gotta say after using Point Control for the last few days I am so hooked on this now. What an awesome device! You guys that are still on the wait list for your turn to order - it is well worth the wait I will tell you!! Many thanks Miles for developing and offering this to the community along with your awesome support !

It doesn't feel weird not having the "feel" of pushing a button in the cockpit anymore? I'm trying to imagine how going from MFDs and button boxes to using this would work. Honestly, I would mostly use it for the Apache and maybe some random modules, since my current setup is really accurate for the Hornet in terms of MFDs and button boxes. 

PC: ASUS TUF 4090oc - Ryzen 7950X3D - 32gb DDR5 6000 - Quest Pro

Sims: DCS, IL2, MSFS

Pilot Skill: Drunk guy from Independence Day

RIO Skill: Goose (post neck-break)