PointCTRL - Finger Mounted VR Controller

2 minutes ago, dburne said:

Have you checked his Discord channel for the now serving orders? I am betting you must be pretty close by now. Trust me once you have started using them you will forget all about that long wait. I sure did.

Yes. I'm about a month and a half out from the last dates posted and he is doing about five days at a time every 7 to  14 days approximately.  At that rate, it could still be anywhere from 3 to 6 months. lol

13 minutes ago, Jarhead0331 said:

Yes. I'm about a month and a half out from the last dates posted and he is doing about five days at a time every 7 to  14 days approximately.  At that rate, it could still be anywhere from 3 to 6 months. lol

Think positive! With the delays I bet his next batch will be sizeable. I have no knowledge though. Again it is so worth the wait so hang in there. 

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Just in case you missed it. This was posted by MilesD on discord 29 April 2022 and explains the recent delay:

Sorry Guys, It's been a challenging month on all fronts, but slowly getting a handle a handle on it. Please DM me if you have not seen tracking either for a kit or a replacement part. In addition to my challenges, it seems a lot of orders are not getting tracking updates after New York, but then they just appear on the doorstep 6 weeks later.

However, after a few years of only loosing a few packages, there has recently been many that seem to be getting lost either in the outgoing US customs, or the receiving countries postal system. I am going to begin sending out replacements for ones that have gone over 7 weeks without updates.

Apologies, hopefully things will get better soon, I am working it. As I said, I will not be invoicing anymore until we have a full stock of PointCTRL kits ready to ship the day after payment is received. That was supposed to be this week, but we are still catching up on the orders from a few weeks ago.

Thanks again for your patience,

Miles

Yes. Your HMS should have two plugs at the rear that the six buttons plug into. 

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

You can probably just ask Miles on Discord or email orders@pointctrl.com

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

2 hours ago, RogueSqdn said:

You can probably just ask Miles on Discord or email orders@pointctrl.com

Thanks, I tried both a week or so ago and got no reply.. but I'm sure they get tons of email, I'll try again.

Hey Murph,
I could not find your request on discord, I recall you asking, If you send another I will get an invoice right out, The Aux Button are 25.00 USD per set of 2 (6 buttons total) with the harness and coverings.

Thanks,
Miles

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/03/10

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

On 5/8/2022 at 1:38 AM, MilesD said:

Hey Murph,
I could not find your request on discord, I recall you asking, If you send another I will get an invoice right out, The Aux Button are 25.00 USD per set of 2 (6 buttons total) with the harness and coverings.

Thanks,
Miles

Thank you miles, I put a message in #aux-push-buttons

Since it's impossible to buy such awesome device maybe somebody can tell which sensors for Arduino should I use to make such device just for mouse cursor without VR headset. Thanks

:sly: Intel i9 9900K | RTX 2080ti | 64gb DDR4 | m2 SSD 512 gb + 512 gb + SSD 512 gb + HDD 2 tb | Saitek X-52 :joystick: | TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO | Rift S :pilotfly:

On 4/3/2022 at 1:41 PM, MilesD said:

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2021/03/10

Is your signature 'shipping up to' date correct.  I'm just checking back in on my order placed last fall, and I thought that's about where you were then.

Thanks!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

@MilesD

Hey Miles not sure where the best place to post this is  - I've put in 3 requests on May 2021, December 2021, and just today via the website and got 3 emails stating: 

Thank you for Preordering PointCTRL. You will receive a PayPal invoice when your order is ready to ship. We are currently starting production for PointCTRL Version 2, and our goal is to have all preorders shipped within 60 days. Thank you again for your support and patience. The PointCTRL Team

I think something has gone wrong because I have not had a reply back. 

Appreciate the help! 

17 hours ago, DoorMouse said:

@MilesD

Hey Miles not sure where the best place to post this is  - I've put in 3 requests on May 2021, December 2021, and just today via the website and got 3 emails stating: 

I think something has gone wrong because I have not had a reply back. 

Appreciate the help! 

Current wait time running close to a year after placing pre-order. Well worth it though.

19 hours ago, Snacko said:

Is your signature 'shipping up to' date correct.  I'm just checking back in on my order placed last fall, and I thought that's about where you were then.

Thanks!

Miles is on vacation this week. He did get a bit behind due to issues with supply chain but hopes to get a good size batch out soon after he returns.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

5 hours ago, dburne said:

Current wait time running close to a year after placing pre-order. Well worth it though.

Miles is on vacation this week. He did get a bit behind due to issues with supply chain but hopes to get a good size batch out soon after he returns.

Thanks for the reply & info.

I mentioned to him about that 60 days thing in his email last fall, and he said he was going to fix it.  That is very confusing when you are new and sign up..  

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

5 hours ago, Snacko said:

Thanks for the reply & info.

I mentioned to him about that 60 days thing in his email last fall, and he said he was going to fix it.  That is very confusing when you are new and sign up..  

Yeah that is quite understandable. I am sure he would love to get it back down to that, but guess it continues to remain very popular with orders pouring in. But I am telling ya, don't give up - if you are on the list, it will be so worth the wait. I waited a year for mine and so glad now that I did.

Edited by dburne

Don B

I'm just about there to put in an order, but reading above a bit, there's something I hadn't thought of.

I have a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS mounted to the left and right sides of my Secretlab chair using Monstertech mounts, but they each have "appendages" outboard of the HOTAS - on the left/throttle side I just mounted a support to hold my 15-button Stream Deck (it's about the same elevation as the throttle handles, and just outboard of them) and on the right side I have a Monstertech "mousedesk" platform for mousing, that sits about at the height of the stick's base, which sits on top of an extension.

So here's my question: if I take my hand off either HOTAS device to point at and activate button(s) with the PointCTRL, will I be banging my hands into any of this stuff in VR, particularly when messing with left/right consoles in the aircraft?  Can it be calibrated or offset so that handwaving is above or outside this hardware?  When playing VTOL-VR, I fold both of them 90-degrees rearward because otherwise I'd be banging the VR controllers into it, and that just barely clears in-use, but obviously that won't be an option when using everything in DCS.

And one more that I hope I didn't miss an answer to above: will PointCTRL work when connected to a non-powered USB 3.0 hub that is connected to a motherboard USB port?  All that stuff you see in this photo is connected to that hub under the chair, so only one wire goes from the chair to the PC.

Thanks, guys!

20220517_101537 small.jpg

Edited by The Superslug

24 minutes ago, raptorman0 said:

Hello just started using my pointctrl and it's a game changer! I have a question. When trying to setup the auxillary buttons in dcs they all report back as ctrl. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

You need to assign under the "keyboard" category.

10 hours ago, The Superslug said:

I'm just about there to put in an order, but reading above a bit, there's something I hadn't thought of.

I have a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS mounted to the left and right sides of my Secretlab chair using Monstertech mounts, but they each have "appendages" outboard of the HOTAS - on the left/throttle side I just mounted a support to hold my 15-button Stream Deck (it's about the same elevation as the throttle handles, and just outboard of them) and on the right side I have a Monstertech "mousedesk" platform for mousing, that sits about at the height of the stick's base, which sits on top of an extension.

So here's my question: if I take my hand off either HOTAS device to point at and activate button(s) with the PointCTRL, will I be banging my hands into any of this stuff in VR, particularly when messing with left/right consoles in the aircraft?  Can it be calibrated or offset so that handwaving is above or outside this hardware?  When playing VTOL-VR, I fold both of them 90-degrees rearward because otherwise I'd be banging the VR controllers into it, and that just barely clears in-use, but obviously that won't be an option when using everything in DCS.

And one more that I hope I didn't miss an answer to above: will PointCTRL work when connected to a non-powered USB 3.0 hub that is connected to a motherboard USB port?  All that stuff you see in this photo is connected to that hub under the chair, so only one wire goes from the chair to the PC.

Thanks, guys!

Of course if you have something in the way you are going to occasionally run into it, until after a few times you remember about where that is and move around it. My center mounted stick is a good example, at first I was running into it with my right hand when reaching for front console switches but now not so much.

As far  as Hub, yeah it "should" but you are kind of rolling the dice putting all periphs on one non powered Hub. I use two USB3 Hubs and both are powered.

Edited by dburne
  • Thanks 1

Don B

I've got my PointCTRL since since a summer 2019. Awesome product, when I fly in VR.

But I'm a bit shocked that Miles is still building those PointCTRL's in his House.
A year long waitlist, which could be finished within a month if the assembly would be done in an industrial process at a local electronics factory.  🤔 

• Thanks 1

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

After several years of use (Pointcrtl version 1) it seems the original lipo's in my FCU's degraded a bit (they're drained after about 2 hours of intensive use), so I want to replace them.

Can anyone tell me how to safely open the FCU?

I mean I have an idea, but I'm not entirely sure, and I definitely don't want to break something. Is there perhaps a YouTube video out there on how to open them?

I would be completely lost if I where to break my precious Pointctrl (especially when I see how long the waiting list is if I were to order a new one 😅)

Edit:

I already ordered the replacement lipo's 2 months ago and they arrived today (from China)

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Pretty easy

1. Remove the magnetic charging port-if applicable 

2.remove the front lid

3.push out the pcb to the front. I push on the buttons. You might have to bend the case a little at first. Since it is a early model (fdm) there is no danger in breaking, if you don't overdo it. 

Edited by Lt_Jaeger

15 minutes ago, Lt_Jaeger said:

Pretty easy

1. Remove the magnetic charging port-if applicable 

2.remove the front lid

3.push out the pcb to the front. I push on the buttons. You might have to bend the case a little at first. Since it is a early model (fdm) there is no danger in breaking it you don't overdo it. 

Don't underestimate my ability to break plastic stuff ☝️🥸

Sorry, but what do you mean by "the magnetic charging port" and how do I remove it?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

IMG_20220526_114826.jpgIf you got the magnetic charging cable, there is a little plug in the USB port, which you have to remove before you are able to slide out, it's just plug into the USB c(?) port. If you don't have that magnetic thingy, pcb should slide out easily. 

1 hour ago, Lt_Jaeger said:

IMG_20220526_114826.jpgIf you got the magnetic charging cable, there is a little plug in the USB port, which you have to remove before you are able to slide out, it's just plug into the USB c(?) port. If you don't have that magnetic thingy, pcb should slide out easily. 

Ah ok, I don't have that. Just a small charging plug (sort of jack plug) to stick in the front.

PointCTRL.jpg

Thanks mate. Will give it a shot later today.

Edited by sirrah

System specs: