PointCTRL - Finger Mounted VR Controller

Since the goal is to use the switches by feel, without looking, I suggest maybe addin a little dot or a dash to distinguish them better. This is fairly simple, cheap and quick to implement. I noticed the center switch is already lower than the others, but check out a solution such as these stickers as they could help when under the hmd: http://www.keybodo.com/tactile-stickers.html

About Miles "stealing" an idea. I have no absolute proof but some reflections:

Throughout the years I have come upon two things:

1. Simultaneously ideas pop up at multiple separate places. The time is just "ripe" for ideas based on what is known at that point in time and the problems encountered.

2. Ideas get "borrowed" in some way or another, sometimes is is outright theft, sometimes it is completely unconciously.

The number of "inventions" that later on are proven to have been thought of earlier, sometimes decades or more, are countless. The thing is, to be frank, the one who actually implements the idea AND successfully markets it is THE "inventor" remembered. The inventions and ideas lying in some desktop drawer somewhere are in a sense meaningless since they didn't come to the awareness of others or to be used.

I have many times noticed that ideas I put forth in discussions may pop up years later from one of the persons listening to me, and they describe it as THEIR idea and frankly BELIEVE it is their idea. Something got into their head, falls down in some vague memory and pops up as a new brilliant idea. For them it is their own idea since they do not even remember where it came from or who planted it. People work that way, not many of us have perfect recall.

I have high respect for any creative person no matter if it is an artist or inventor, BUT I have come to the conclusion that "intellectual property" is just a tool for the big man to crush the little man, and is driven by pure greed. Patents, Copyrights etc are just creating monopoly and hinders true invention, the opposite of what is officially claimed. This is just my opinion.

For Thick8, or whoever feels bad for not getting credit for ideas, I sympathize with that but at the same time - that is life.

I actually created a working prototype for reading fingerprints optically in 1982! When trying to patent it I discovered a vast amount of gadgets that /could/ interfere with such a patent, and without economical muscles you cannot enforce a patent anyway. My invention was put in a drawer... Today my phone has a fingerprint reader, and someone somewhere are making a lot of money, not me. But so what?

I applaud Miles for his drive to make a working product. I will for sure buy one!

I also have had ideas very similar to this to solve my own problems in DCS VR, but I am very glad to let someone else do the work...

Gotta say, I'm very interested in this product. I've been watching the thread for updates.

I don't know what this whole "stole" the idea thing is and I don't care. Either its on the market or its not. You put it out, I'll buy it.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Okay, I have been really trying to take the high road on this, but the fact that this ridiculous claim and libelous remarks are being repeated is annoying. Thick8, you really should have thought it through before you made such a baseless accusation. You were clearly upset, because you were quoting things that I never even said. If you could please just clarify what I asked you for in my respectful response to your post. What are you claiming of your experimenting or post have I used in PointCTRL?. They only have 1 shared component, an IRLED, and even that is probably a different wavelength. Even if, as Deadman says, I did see your post without remembering, what could I have possibly used from them. Courses of actions we take, or solutions to problems we implement are influenced by the sum of our knowledge and experiences. I don't think there is a person playing DCS in VR who hasn't reached for a switch by mistake thinking they could control it. I have been experimenting and taking apart PS3, Wii, and PC controllers and integrating them with new sensors and atmega microcontrollers for years, and PointCTRL is not a new idea or technology, just a combination of well-established technologies. Thick8, please clarify your accusations.

Miles

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/05/15

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

I am really quite dismayed to have read some of the recent posts in relation to what was said by one forum member to another.

I would respectfully ask that both parties directly invloved resolve this by PM rather than put it out here for all to start adding to.

I wouild also ask that other forum members stop "stoking the fire" on this topic and let the two gentlemen resolve this prior to any further public statements.

Thankyou.

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Dude.

The first thing I said in this thread was "I'm glad someone is running with this idea". I also noted how we share and build off of each others ideas here on this forum. I even said it may be a little petty of me to feel the way I do. So there is no high road to take. Build your pointer. If it is what everyone hopes it to be then I'll probably buy one as well.

I will want a discount though... ;D

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

You guys really should communicate via PM on this issue, otherwise this great thread may end up getting locked.

Just a friendly observation...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

This topic took a very very weird turn. Gotta love internet forums and people. Miles is developing what may turn out to be an awesome little gadget, something all VR users are interested. He is the only one I know to have such solution now. Thick8 only commented that he was developing something similar, and gave a few tips. All grown ups understood his sarcasm when he asked for a discount. That’s al? Now can we move on and return to the productive discussion?

MilesD, just do what you are doing. Few have the knowledge AND the energy and time to do what you are doing. Don't listen to us, do what you think is right and I assure you that I and many others will buy it... Listen to our wallets :-)

yes just waiting for your device to hit the market

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Any news Miles?

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Hey Ratcatcher,

I just sent a PO for a ridiculous amount of sensors to meet a minimum order. While I am waiting on the latest production PCBs to ship, I am writing the user interface to change the default settings so users can customize things like button presses, led timeout, unit shutdown, battery monitoring, and so on.

Thanks for asking.

Miles

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

2 weeks? jk

i guess , before christmas is too optimistic?

hopefully

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Miles, I think I speak for most of us here.. I can't tell you how grateful I am for your work. This is going to be a real game changer for us VR users. I don't think people like yourself truly get the appreciation and recognition for your personal time spent as well as dedication to the community. You could have very easily kept this to yourself. Thank you very much for all your efforts! Can't wait to send you some $$$ for these :)

Keep it up and keep the cloud of negativity out of your sights :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims

Hey Ratcatcher,

I just sent a PO for a ridiculous amount of sensors to meet a minimum order. While I am waiting on the latest production PCBs to ship, I am writing the user interface to change the default settings so users can customize things like button presses, led timeout, unit shutdown, battery monitoring, and so on.

Thanks for asking.

Miles

That sounds great, keep up the good work!

Thanks Pac-Man, I really am doing this because I enjoy it. No appreciation or recognition required. Although I would like to clear my initial investment. I enjoy developing PointCTRL because I truly appreciate this community. I felt we were developing this together, and everyone's comments, suggestions, and enthusiasm was improving the design and motivated me. Actively responding and posting also helped me keep focus on the project. I just had no desire to continue to participate when this thread went off the rails. Moving forward. I will post some pics or a short video showing the final button solution and battery on-board charging design update.

Thanks Again

Miles

Edited by MilesD

PointCTRLsmall.jpg