Hornet UFC (potentially)

Brun

Awesome Brun! 20 GBP's sent. Thanks again for all your hard work!

Donated too. Hard work deserves reward so congrats on the end product. Can't wait to get my own now.

Many thanks to both of you!

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

Cura is refusing to load the model as well because "the model is too small"

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

Hi Brun!

Excellent man! A thousend thank yous. Well, 20 anyway :)

I didn’t try with other software but with Aspire it was easy to resize and keep the ratio. Just take the zero and comma off from 0,178. I gather 178mm is the correct measurement?

i9-9900K 4,9Ghz, 2080ti, 32Gb, 1Gb m.2, Index, WinWing throttle, Baur BRD-N, Crosswind pedals, Orbwiever and tm mfd`s, all in a Hornet simpit.

Scale discrepancies are very common when transferring models between software. Fortunately they're almost always a factor of 10 out (unless someone's daft enough to use inches) so relatively easy to solve.

@McG I don't have any knowledge of F360, but when importing the obj are there any options related to units or scale? If not, there should be tools in the software to scale it up 100x which will make it correct.

@Fusedspine33 You need to change the model units to 'meters' on the page where you select the file to upload. However, my intention for these files was for people to print using their own hardware. Since you're using shapeways I'd suggest waiting until I've updated and shared the original ones I used because printing each part separately will be significantly more expensive due to their handling fees. I'll look into that this morning, uploading the model won't take long but I've no idea about setting up a store. Hopefully it's pretty straightforward.

@AndrewW Does Cura not give any options for how it interprets the scale? If it point-blank refuses to load you'll need some other software to resize the model.

@Battis glad you got it sized properly, 178mm is indeed correct.

Edited by Brun

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

Also, huge thanks to ddanois, fusedspine and battis for the donantions!

F360 has an option for the base unit: mm, cm, in, ...

Depending on the design of the original, this unit has to be set before importing the model.

Within Cura it seems unavoidable to resize the model.

Brun, if you pls could name the original dimensions of the model, scaling in Cura would be a piece of cake.

And thanks for your effort on this great thing!

Edit: Sniped while typing... ;) 178mm is needed as reference.

Edited by RightStuff

Model now available direct from Shapeways

This is just the main panel, there are links in the description to the HUD panel, side/top panels and knobs.

Setting up a store was a hassle so there's no commission for me on these, it's literally just what Shapeways charge.

@AndrewW Does Cura not give any options for how it interprets the scale? If it point-blank refuses to load you'll need some other software to resize the model.

Thanks for the suggestion. Updating from Cura 3.2 to 3.5 fixed the problem :)

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

@McG I don't have any knowledge of F360, but when importing the obj are there any options related to units or scale? If not, there should be tools in the software to scale it up 100x which will make it correct.

Many thanks. The issue was to do with how I was importing the model.

Printed the HUD Cover and knobs so far, they look great!

Question on the knobs I am assuming the sprue inside is supposed to snap out? Because it doesn't want to budge and I'm thinking I might need to employ a drill?

Printing the main part of the UFC now and it looks great so far, only 9 hours to go lol.

Good to hear you making progress! Amazing how long it takes.

I meant to mention about drilling the knobs, that's exactly what I ended up doing after failing to clean them up with a knife. Think I started with a 6mm bit and ended up widening them with a 7.

Hi Brun are Shapeways going to put the other parts on there too or just the front panel? I'm trying to get a quote else where for the time being but the front panel seems a reasonable price TBF. Just want the other bits as well though!

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

Unfortunately all parts need to be added to the order separately.

Thought as much but do they have them for sale as I've run a search and can't find the rest? (probably me being a t!t)

Edit:

Yes I'm a t!t -it's clearly there under the "other parts". I'll get my coat..........

Edited by ward8124

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Links are in the description!

I know! I know! See my EDIT lol! :doh: