Hornet UFC (potentially)

Brun

Brun, thanks a lot for the obj files!

My buddy just helped me out printing it! And I have bought an Arduino starter kit, so I guess I've commited on this now! =)

Nice :)

The print looks really good quality. If anything the lettering seems to be better than what I got from Shapeways. Do you know what hardware your friend used?

Good luck with the rest of the build!

Edited by Brun

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

Nice :)

The print looks really good quality. If anything the lettering seems to be better than what I got from Shapeways. Do you know what hardware your friend used?

Good luck with the rest of the build!

I was thinking the same thing, the lettering is much deeper than what I got off my printer.

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

I finally printed mine after making a few edits (fixed some geometry, made the text deeper, combined the top piece with the main piece, separated all the knobs to print them individually). Then I went and checked the prices for the parts that Brun lists in his second post. Wooo boi. I think I'm going to have a look on aliexpress for similar components.

I finally printed mine after making a few edits (fixed some geometry, made the text deeper, combined the top piece with the main piece, separated all the knobs to print them individually). Then I went and checked the prices for the parts that Brun lists in his second post. Wooo boi. I think I'm going to have a look on aliexpress for similar components.

Have any pics you are willing to share?

I cannot for the life of me get this to open in Cura 3.6. It keeps telling me the model is too small to load. I'm very, very new at 3D printing so any help would be much appreciated..

My rig - I5 6600k @ 4.5 - Corsair H100i GTX - Maximus Hero viii - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum ROG edition DDR4 3200mhz - Gigabyte 1080ti (Overclocked) - TM Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Rudder pedals - Oculus Rift CV1

I cannot for the life of me get this to open in Cura 3.6. It keeps telling me the model is too small to load. I'm very, very new at 3D printing so any help would be much appreciated..

I had the same problem. Cura 3.5.1 opens it an automatically scales it correctly. Go figure.

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

Would you care to share the updated file with deeper text?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

In other news, I have a small addition...

20181203_190712.jpg

I've also just replaced all the encoders (with the exception of the COMM channel selectors) with pots. These are running through a Bodnar BU0836A, so are seen as a separate device. This is useful cos I was running out of inputs on the BBI-64 and now have the HDG and CRS switches to connect, plus the Tornado landing gear handle I'd got hold of. Really pleased with the pots even tho they were cheapo Amazon jobbies. Feeling is great and they're pretty much perfect 1:1 rotation with the in-game ones.

It's funny how I keep reaching for other stuff in the cockpit now, before realising I need the mouse. Might do the master arm panel next since it's relatively simple and pretty important.

Hey Brun...nice work. Can you please link the pots you used to replace the encoders. pricing all this out to see if I want to tackle it. Thanks man!!

VF-31 Tomcatters

vf31-cat.jpg

http://www.csg-1.com/ | Discord

Hey Brun...nice work. Can you please link the pots you used to replace the encoders. pricing all this out to see if I want to tackle it. Thanks man!!

It was these cheap and cheerful numbers...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00E1IKGC4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Actually seem good for the price, really smooth movement. Definitely better than the encoders.

Seeing that image has also reminded me that I still need to make the HDG/CRS panel available to download/print. Apologies to anyone who's been waiting for ages, I'll make an effort to get it sorted this weekend.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

Seeing that image has also reminded me that I still need to make the HDG/CRS panel available to download/print. Apologies to anyone who's been waiting for ages, I'll make an effort to get it sorted this weekend.

Yes please, that’d be awesome!

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks 98abaile, your .obj works well, but the other .obj on this post won't work (object is too small), even with cura 3.6. Any idea? I read this post but I don't find the solution.

This should be the rest of the stuff. I've already resized it all.

EDIT:

I forgot to include the license so I've reuploaded the zip. Unfortunately because the knobs file are so large I had to remove the one with the sprue.

FA-18_UFC_v001.zip

Edited by 98abaile

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered the same square push buttons as linked, but ended up hating them. I searched around then and found these, https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/nkk-switches/kb15skw01-a/?qs=EIJ16CYJdOv2DMeOYQw7Ig%3D%3D&countrycode=US&currencycode=USD , and while they are considerably more expensive than the ones linked, they are also much higher quality, and way more satisfactory to press.

Owned Modules: F-16C, MiG-19P, CEII, F-14, Yak-52, F/A-18, SA342, UH-1H, AV8B, AJS-37, F-5E, MiG-21, Spitfire, M-2000C, F-86, MiG-15, 109 K-4, 190 D-9, P-51D, FC 3, Ka-50, A-10C

Owned Terrains: Persian Gulf, Normandy, Nevada

Owned Campaigns: Operation Piercing Fury, Operation Epsom Campaign

Controls: Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals, TrackIR 5

Computer Build: ASRock AB350 K4 FATAL1TY, Ryzen 5 1600, EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 FTW, G.Skill Flare X 32GB 2400

I ordered the same square push buttons as linked, but ended up hating them. I searched around then and found these, https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/nkk-switches/kb15skw01-a/?qs=EIJ16CYJdOv2DMeOYQw7Ig%3D%3D&countrycode=US&currencycode=USD , and while they are considerably more expensive than the ones linked, they are also much higher quality, and way more satisfactory to press.

Very interesting. How much easier are they to push compared to the other square ones (are they easier to press)?

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

Very interesting. How much easier are they to push compared to the other square ones (are they easier to press)?

They are much easier to press than the other ones, but still have a comfortable amount of resistance to them, and a very smooth action. If I had to compare them to something, it would be to a mechanical keyboard, such as a razer blackwidow.

Owned Modules: F-16C, MiG-19P, CEII, F-14, Yak-52, F/A-18, SA342, UH-1H, AV8B, AJS-37, F-5E, MiG-21, Spitfire, M-2000C, F-86, MiG-15, 109 K-4, 190 D-9, P-51D, FC 3, Ka-50, A-10C

Owned Terrains: Persian Gulf, Normandy, Nevada

Owned Campaigns: Operation Piercing Fury, Operation Epsom Campaign

Controls: Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals, TrackIR 5

Computer Build: ASRock AB350 K4 FATAL1TY, Ryzen 5 1600, EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 FTW, G.Skill Flare X 32GB 2400

They are much easier to press than the other ones, but still have a comfortable amount of resistance to them, and a very smooth action. If I had to compare them to something, it would be to a mechanical keyboard, such as a razer blackwidow.

Awesome, thanks

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

Think I acknowledged I didn't like the square push buttons shortly after I bought them. They're unnecessarily firm (for this application at least) and there's no tactile confirmation of when you've actually pressed them.

It's annoying because they're the same manufacturer as (and have an almost identical product code to) the round switches which are fine. The round ones were slightly cheaper as well.

Good to know a much better alternative exists, but I'm not sure even I can justify the £120 to replace all 20 of them.