WW2 Assets on KOREA! 1952: Yay or Nay?

SeaQuark

WW2 Assets on KOREA! 1952: Yay or Nay?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. WW2 Assets on KOREA! 1952: Yay or Nay?

• Yes, I already own the asset pack or would purchase it to play on the server.
    • No, I don't have the asset pack, and would be unable to play on the server.

Hi all, I run the KOREA! 1952 Sabre vs MiG-15 server.

As I continue to work on the mission, I have a decision to make: whether or not to stick with the standard Caucasus assets, or include the WW2 assets. Advantages / Disadvantages of this are listed below, but in making a choice, your feedback will be helpful.

Note, this poll is not a referendum on the Asset Pack in general-- it is intended only for those that already play on the server, or are interested in doing so. If you never fly the F-86 / MiG-15 or other old warbirds online, please do not respond to this poll.

Advantages of adding the Asset Pack:

• B-17s with working gunners instead of the placeholder C-130s. Hunting bombers would be a much more challenging & fun task for MiG players.
  • Flak at the airfields / ground targets.
  • Ground units much closer to period-appropriate for 1950s.
  • More immersive in general.

Disadvantages:

• Those who haven't purchased the Asset Pack will be unable to join the server.

Definitely a great idea for exactly the reasons you've mentioned above! However, not sure how popular is the WWll arena in DCS. I guess not that much, so you might end up having only a few players flying on your server.

Some long time ago I used to fly your missions quite often. These days maybe once a week (busy with my own server and other DCS projects). Therefore I'm not going to cast a vote and "ruin" it for others.

Good luck!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

While I own the asset pack, I would disagree to its use on the server, I dislike the idea of even a small number of players being excluded from the server for relatively little gain.

Ground units are so rarely seen up close I don't see it as a benifit to include them and the WW2 AI AAA units are known to be somewhat temperamental, especially on the allied side.

The B-17s would be the only considerable bonus but I personally don't consider it worth the switch, bomber missions are not very common on the sever.

I wouldn't be for this, I really like the Korean war server and we have limited players as is. With the asset pack the number of players would drop even further. I think the only WW2 asset we may need would be a B-29 (when it gets added to game) and that not be a part of the WW2 asset since it was used well into the cold war as well

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

Just an idea, maybe rotate two missions one with WWII assets and one without.

This is worse than either solution. It would result in people who own the assets pack having an inferior experience half the time, and the people who don't own it being unable to join the server half the time. It is better for everyone to have a consistent experience one way or the other.

I also don't think a decision like this should be made by a simple majority. Even a small fraction being unable to join the server can have a larger adverse effect on the community. In addition, the opinions expressed by forum members may not represent the overall multiplayer community.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

go for it, a great idea!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Is there any b29 mod available? I know mist has a flak script you can use near AF

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

I’d say no for sure. I don’t have it and can’t afford it. So I think many would be dropped from the server for no gain.

Alienware M17x, Intel I7 4700MQ @2.4GHz, AMD R9 M290x, Win10 64x, 16GB ram, Saitek X-65, Saitek ProFlight pedals, Thrustmaster MFDs, Track ir 5

Just an idea, maybe rotate two missions one with WWII assets and one without.

That's actually not bad. I was going to also suggest why not two servers, but then I remembered it costs a lot

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

That's actually not bad. I was going to also suggest why not two servers, but then I remembered it costs a lot

yeah tbh the 2 mission rotation idea might be the way forward then everyone at some point can still enjoy the server.

WWII Assets Pack Korea! 1952 Server

I'm in favour.

a. the B-17 is a better stand-in for the B-29.

b. the B-17 has defensive capability and actually drops bombs.

c. period correct AAA including flak so that we're not flying 50s aircraft against modern AAA.

d. period correct armour etc same as above.

We have to acknowledge that this is a lot of work for SeaQuark. I would recommend, that if the vote is in favour of the Assets Pack, then we, as the community, keep our expectations in check and allow SeaQuark to make these changes incrementally or even on a test basis to ensure that the WWII assets do not impact server performance. Start with the B-17 and see how it goes, then maybe by the time the winter map re-appears, some additional items can be added.

I'm also not in favour of anything that would prevent someone from joining the server, but the Assets Pack is a relatively small investment given the very high quality of the flight experience that is provided in the Korea! 1952 server. Are fliers not "forced" to buy the specific 50s era aircraft in order to fly in the server? Same thing with the Assets Pack as far as I'm concerned as it completes the period correct environment that the server seeks to create.

Speed

Edited by No.401_Speed

Two servers is even worse. You'd only divide the players. Just like the multiplayer community is quite often divided between Open Beta and Release, when they're no on the same updated level.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

yeah tbh the 2 mission rotation idea might be the way forward then everyone at some point can still enjoy the server.

+1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

I'm in favour.

a. the B-17 is a better stand-in for the B-29.

b. the B-17 has defensive capability and actually drops bombs.

c. period correct AAA including flak so that we're not flying 50s aircraft against modern AAA.

d. period correct armour etc same as above.

We have to acknowledge that this is a lot of work for SeaQuark. I would recommend, that if the vote is in favour of the Assets Pack, then we, as the community, keep our expectations in check and allow SeaQuark to make these changes incrementally or even on a test basis to ensure that the WWII assets do not impact server performance. Start with the B-17 and see how it goes, then maybe by the time the winter map re-appears, some additional items can be added.

I'm also not in favour of anything that would prevent someone from joining the server, but the Assets Pack is a relatively small investment given the very high quality of the flight experience that is provided in the Korea! 1952 server. Are fliers not "forced" to buy the specific 50s era aircraft in order to fly in the server? Same thing with the Assets Pack as far as I'm concerned as it completes the period correct environment that the server seeks to create.

Speed

This ^^^^ from top to bottom.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]