** AJS-37 Viggen Update! New Afterburners & Features! **

Cobra847

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The changes were committed pretty late so they may not have been pulled into the build. I've uploaded the changes as a hotfix mod here: http://media.heatblur.se/ajs37.rar

Unsure whether this passes integrity checks.

I'll double check our distribution branch to ensure everything is in place and there were no errors made there.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

The changes were committed pretty late so they may not have been pulled into the build. I've uploaded the changes as a hotfix mod here: http://media.heatblur.se/ajs37.rar

Unsure whether this passes integrity checks.

I'll double check our distribution branch to ensure everything is in place and there were no errors made there.

Hey Cobra, the changes look really good, but I noticed "Animated engine exhaust fan"- this is not working.

Thanks

After applying the Hotfix.................................Looks much better but: " the outbound flames outside from a 90 degrees angel view, when full afterburner, are totally static........just one (1)half transparant jpeg, or whatever format, image. The rotating mix of flames inside the burner is fantastic though! I would say, just mimic the F-18 afterburner, the best in game.

Edited by Dwarf_Hunter

english cockpit, plz

I would recommend not using the English cockpit. There are not many labels, and you get used to the original names very quickly. It is very confusing in tutorials and referring to the manual if you are not using the original Swedish.

Just an opinion.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Not a big fan of the Viggen but if this quality improvement continues it makes this product very very appealing :)

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Not a big fan of the Viggen but if this quality improvement continues it makes this product very very appealing :)

I can really recommend it. It's my favorite DCS module so far! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I can really recommend it. It's my favorite DCS module so far! :thumbup:

With every single update, it is getting better and better.

OK, ... this and that is still work in progress, or is still not completly adressed, but in fact we are approaching a stage where we can work with the aircraft pretty fine.

Just following my impressions and feelings now ... for me the module is somewhat of 75% ready. Just my personal opinion.

Let's go flying! :pilotfly:

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

... for me the module is somewhat of 75% ready. Just my personal opinion.

Really? I feel like for me it's more like 95%. Apart from the final manual, training missions & campaign there's not a whole lot I could ask for.

A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | Mig-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer

Really? I feel like for me it's more like 95%. Apart from the final manual, training missions & campaign there's not a whole lot I could ask for.

That sounds about right to me too. In terms of avionics and weapon systems everything is pretty much there. Of course, there are some issues that have to be ironed out. On the other hand, from a user's perspective, one can value a manual, missions and campaign as 25% of the module. ;)

I would recommend not using the English cockpit. There are not many labels, and you get used to the original names very quickly. It is very confusing in tutorials and referring to the manual if you are not using the original Swedish.

Just an opinion.

I absolutely agree. I briefly tried the 3rd party English cockpit. It really screwed up the learning process. Had to go back to the default one.

Bit confused - there was a long list of Viggen updates in the latest patch, but I still have many of the bugs, like the bad engine loop sound etc. Did the patch actually go thru?

Lähetetty minun T1-A21L laitteesta Tapatalkilla

A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | Mig-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer

I guess ED just took the beta that got released and pushed that over. So the changes that got added late are not part of it

This

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Bit unsure how this all works...

You can always check http://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

If the version numbers of Release and OB are identical (like now), the code of both branches is absolutely identical.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss