ALR-67(v) Update

Zeus67

The ALR-67(v) RWR is being updated.

Here are the following changes:

1. The Azimuth Display (AD) has changed.

2. Emitters are now being discriminated into three categories: Non-Critical (SAFE), Critical (Threats) and Lethal (Attacking Threats).

3. How the emitters are displayed in the AD depends on their category.

4. Two filters are being implemented: Normal and Priority contacts. Limited Display.

Normal (N) = All detected emitters (up to 16) will be shown on the AD.

Priority (P) = Only Critical and Lethal threats will be shown.

Limited = When selected only the first 6 Non-Critical emitters will be shown.

5. HUD will show only Critical and Lethal threats to prevent cluttering.

6. AD center will display RWR status.

7. Sounds will be improved.

40301331_1852798971473399_1135230036098416640_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=ca775b9da6c67f0e23a06f95dc4078bf&oe=5C37F5C2

Based on al531246, the bands have been edited:

Inner: Critical.

Middle: Lethal.

Outer: Non-Critical.

40352521_1852246201528676_4094028028445720576_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=22b701ed70e2c905843d3d84811b4e8d&oe=5C32854A

Edited by Zeus67

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Hello Zeus67,

does it also mean that the sounds are now working?

(https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=197030)

Yes. It also means that the sounds bug will be squashed.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Great work. Thanks for the news.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

RAZBAM, the RWR threat ring labeling and position is incorrect. You have 3 bands;

Nonlethal Band - search radars and other radars not capable of launching missiles

Lethal Band - radars within active tracking range, not necessarily locked onto you though

Critical Band - radar is within engagement range, can also be here if the radar has launched on you

From inside to outside it should run; Critical, Lethal, Nonlethal.

QBNrC9P.png

As for HUD RWR I'm not sure exactly how the stem's should appear. I have a couple videos but I don't know if they're nonlethal, lethal or critical threats.

https://i.imgur.com/BlHRjvF.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/yJ2DRUz.mp4

Edited by al531246

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

New RWR format test.

It is more useful to determine threat priority and position.

40325446_1852648268155136_626925114792869888_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=a934c2a866cd915432967f61c1828999&oe=5C025204

40304156_1852648464821783_5919826391276191744_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=dc09110b2347c2f513deb30a5cfe4e5a&oe=5BF61A9D

40225458_1852648644821765_3793449608433106944_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=83175e0cc3b9f87c3db0a82c72bf1b17&oe=5C2FD044

40290474_1852648861488410_8675136637094592512_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=47872aa5868e70fe68805516464ece1e&oe=5C3765C1

RAZBAM, the RWR threat ring labeling and position is incorrect. You have 3 bands;

Nonlethal Band - search radars and other radars not capable of launching missiles

Lethal Band - radars within active tracking range, not necessarily locked onto you though

Critical Band - radar is within active tracking range, can also be here if the radar has launched on you

From inside to outside it should run; Critical, Lethal, Nonlethal.

QBNrC9P.png

As for HUD RWR I'm not sure exactly how the stem's should appear. I have a couple videos but I don't know if they're nonlethal, lethal or critical threats.

https://i.imgur.com/BlHRjvF.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/yJ2DRUz.mp4

Interesting. The only transposed position are the critical and non-critical bands. The middle ring still is the lethal band.

Unfortunately although both the Hornet and the AV-8B use the same device, both use different versions. The AV-8B uses the ALR-67(v), which is the oldest one. The F/A-18 uses the ALR-67(v2) and now the ALR-67(v3).

So my docs could refer to a different version than yours. Still thanks for sharing this.

Edited by Zeus67

Any options to disable the HUD Symbols like in the Hornet?

None that I've seen.

I'm convinced there is a button that enables / disables HUD RWR but I cannot find it. I've got a lot of AV-8B documentation but so far as I've read none of them mention an option to toggle it.

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

I'm convinced there is a button that enables / disables HUD RWR but I cannot find it. I've got a lot of AV-8B documentation but so far as I've read none of them mention an option to toggle it.

Probably the button is in the EHSD EW page.

Just checked todays 2.5.3 update for the Openbeta, was there a chance this RWR fix was going to come today? guess it needs further tuning?

RWR is still being upgraded. It will be available in the near future.

Any highlights of todays update?

Check this post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3427180&postcount=1

There's nothing recent in that thread, last post was August 2nd.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Yes?! So the last posts' stuff maybe made it into the update? Just a guess...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

After many hours of research I think I've worked out the HUD RWR system for the AV-8B. To begin with I can say RAZBAM's simulation is 95% correct. There are 5 key points I will note below, if anyone has contesting evidence please let me know.

1) The HUD RWR cannot be turned off, see the RWR rotary on the right hand side of this image. With the rotary off the ECM page will not function.

lzClkOJ.png

2) HUD RWR is limited to 6 threats at once

I cannot find any documentation, imagery or video showing more than 6 threats on the HUD at any one time. All documentation shows a maximum of 6. Also EWM (Electronic Warfare Menu) page which works very similarly to HUD threat display only displays 6 threats. (see page 23-48 in the NATOPS)

3) The three HUD RWR symbols are as follows;

Non-lethal

0PeYazM.png

Lethal

y1uge9O.png

Critical

H936uJB.png

4) Unknown and friendly emitters always appear as Non-lethal threats. I think this is achieved by the RWR analyzing the emissions for IFF codes before going onto the HUD?

5) I think non-lethal threats only appear for 5 seconds on the HUD after detection. I'm not certain about this though.

After many hours of research I think I've worked out the HUD RWR system for the AV-8B. To begin with I can say RAZBAM's simulation is 95% correct. There are 5 key points I will note below, if anyone has contesting evidence please let me know.

1) The HUD RWR cannot be turned off, see the RWR rotary on the right hand side of this image. With the rotary off the ECM page will not function.

lzClkOJ.png

2) HUD RWR is limited to 6 threats at once

I cannot find any documentation, imagery or video showing more than 6 threats on the HUD at any one time. All documentation shows a maximum of 6. Also EWM (Electronic Warfare Menu) page which works very similarly to HUD threat display only displays 6 threats. (see page 23-48 in the NATOPS)

3) The three HUD RWR symbols are as follows;

Non-lethal

0PeYazM.png

Lethal

y1uge9O.png

Critical

H936uJB.png

4) Unknown and friendly emitters always appear as Non-lethal threats. I think this is achieved by the RWR analyzing the emissions for IFF codes before going onto the HUD?

5) I think non-lethal threats only appear for 5 seconds on the HUD after detection. I'm not certain about this though.

Only correction, the AV-8B cannot discriminate between friend and foe. The ALR-67 is not connected to the IFF. So in your sample it is classified as Non-Lethal because it is a search radar.