What new feature of the Hornet are you most looking forward to?

Wags

What new feature of the Hornet are you most looking forward to?  

1875 members have voted

1. 1. What new feature of the Hornet are you most looking forward to?

• Joint Helmet Mounted Cuing System (JHMCS)
    • ATFLIR Targeting Pod
    • HARM
    • Guided Bombs
    • Automatic Carrier Landing System (ACLS)
    • Air to Surface Radar
    • Data Link (MIDS / Link-16 / IFF)
    • A/A Radar TWS/RAID/AZ EL/LTWS
    • Harpoon
    • SLAM / SLAM-ER

How about we just get the fully functional and working F/A-18C that we PAID for?

Other game makers seem to be able to provide complete and functional software, and rectify bugs and issues..

This pre-release stuff only gives us planes to fly, not fight in, and they never seem to get finished.

:mad: :pilotfly:

Someone shouldn't be buying Early Access products. ;)

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worries me too.

I think it's fair to say that they're almost nowhere with any of the items.......

I've been following the Hornet's progress intensely since release, and it becoming a little tiring. Time to go elsewhere for a few months, then check back.

Honestly that's unfair. They have been bringing updates literately every 2 weeks.

That's software development process.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

If you want a finished product, dont ever buy en early access, ever. If you do so is understanding limitations. Do not complain on what you have been warned.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Bravo. There's way too many people in the DCS fan base that have absurd expectations, not to mention a distorted idea of authenticity and realism. We should start making memes base off DCS fans. LOL

Alot of people keep putting datalink at the top.

Keep in mind that radar bricks are not sent over link-16, only trackfiles are. Meaning you wont have any fighter to fighter datalink without LTWS or TWS. You'd only get AWACS/AEGIS surveillance tracks.

^^^^ This.

Let's finish the Apg-73 first, please.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

An interesting initiative to ask what we think.

My order of preference is:

TPOD/ATFLIR (Mk.1 Eyeball just isn't enough in this game)

Guided Bombs (what good would the above be without this?)

JHMCS (Because AIM-9X needs this)

HARM (Because AGM-122 in the Harrier is so crappy)

Surface Radar (Because we need this in DCS for other aircraft too)

But, I'm sure ED has their own priority list.

Here's hoping they implement more significant AG updates because, for now, the AA focus is overwhelming.

Edited by BlueAngel

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

Not to concerned what features come next as long as it doesn't take 2-5 years to complete it. :)

But, right now I'd like to be able to create coop missions and spawn from the carrier. Having issues with clients not spawning.

Best aircraft model I've ever flown. Stunning details and flight model.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I hope they improve the radar before starting a "new" feature. TWS mode is really needed and IFF needs improvement as it really is unreliable: Sometimes showing enemies as friendly and the other way around. Sometimes you really need to Visually ID to be 100% sure.

Getting a new "toy" like harm will just leave people unsatisfied, as it probably wont come in 100% finished with all features and in the end youll have a more or less working radar and more or less working HARM ;)

Why make a poll and then ignore it? ATFLIR and HARM are clearly the community's highest priority items.
Do you think it's that easy to implement the ATFLIR ?

HARM is also on the top of the list considering they the other stuff are minor things.

Do you think it's that easy to implement the ATFLIR ?

HARM is also on the top of the list considering they the other stuff are minor things.

I wouldn't say the other stuff is "minor". It depends on what each person considers important. For me, I'd like to see DL to improve SA in A2A.

ED can't please everyone. I'm happy as long as progress is made. :)

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I wouldn't say the other stuff is "minor". It depends on what each person considers important. For me, I'd like to see DL to improve SA in A2A.

ED can't please everyone. I'm happy as long as progress is made. :)

Minor in the sense not as low hanging fruits development wise and not as complex as developing something new like HARM

The develop team can not change priorities similarly as you change your shirt everyday. The software develop has plans with first need complete before they can move to other parts.

has the ground radar or the designation pod functionality stable working on DCS or require more time to develop them? and has ED team complete the previously assigned develop task before move to other?

Wags recently posted cued updates would be a huge progress to our Hornet.

TWS is not going to make for the radar modes but I am guessing the intended radar updates would create further crucial bedrock for TWS mode.

HARM is planned and that was widely requested.

Good one and looking forward to this additions.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Wags recently posted cued updates would be a huge progress to our Hornet.

TWS is not going to make for the radar modes but I am guessing the intended radar updates would create further crucial bedrock for TWS mode.

HARM is planned and that was widely requested.

Good one and looking forward to this additions.

Item 10 is LTWS.

Item 10 is LTWS.

Okay that is great. Looks like most of my list are queued. Thanks
Edited by Eaglewings

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

But it's still number 10 :(

TomCatMucde, I am curious should it matter if LTWS serial position on the list is 10. It may well come before features in the upper position.

TomCatMucde, I am curious should it matter if LTWS serial position on the list is 10. It may well come before features in the upper position.
I hope it's just a list and not a ranking.

But well, we can do much, just sit and take whatever comes.

This poll was simply made, for ED to know what the Community looks forward to, not what will be developed first depending on how well this poll went.
Yeah right, the devlopers wants to gauge our expectations. I do not see any drastic departure from what Wags has promised would be the features to be added from the onset.