no steering wheel

Hi All,

I cannot find where I'm wrong, so I'm starting wondering myself if there is a bug or not.

I cannot switch on the NWS. I deleted/remapped it, I rebooted the PC etc: it does not work.

The Strange thing is : if I start a quick mission, with the plane ready: NWS is on. But as soon as I push the throttle to move the plane, after 2 meters, the NWS switches off on its own and I cannot switch it on.

I thought about a conflict with throttle axis, but I can't find anything. And everything was fine 1 week ago, no update between those days…

have a nice day, excuse my English.

There are two ways to turn off nose wheel steering - 1) Pressing the Disengage AP/NWS lever/button while on the ground and 2) Lowering the launch bar. Check to see if you've got a conflict with either of those. If it is either of those, you should be able to re-engage NWS by either tapping the NWS button or holding it.

ridbobkan is located in Paris, so he might use a French (AZERTY) keyboard which has the "A" where the US ASCII keyboard has the "Q" and vice versa. The "S" should be in the same place though. If so, he should use the "Q" for OFF and "S" for ON.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Hello, where is the NWS command in the cockpit? i can't find it. And the controls are translated in french, i can't find the key.

My Flight Sim YouTube Channel Win10 x64 Pro • i7 7700k (delided) • Gainward Phoenix 1080 GLH • 32Gb RAM G.Skill Ripjaws IV 2400 • Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero • Creative Sound Blaster Z • Samsung 850 Pro Evo 500Go • WD Velociraptor 1To • Seagate Barracuda 4To • Seasonic Prime Titanium 750w • Phanteks PH-TC14PE /TM Hotas Warthog /Vkb T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV /Track iR 5 & Traclip Pro

I am from Austria so the ingame language is DE by default on my side.

But I changed it to EN to avoid irritations :)

Intel i7-9700K @4.7 Ghz ° Win 11 64bit Pro ° 32Gb DDR4 3000mhz ° 1Gb Samsung 970 Evo plus Nvme M.2 ° RTX 2070 super ° Virpil WarBrd and Constellation Stick & TM Warthog Throttle ° TM pedals ° 5120x1440 samsung 49" monitor

Hello, where is the NWS command in the cockpit? i can't find it. And the controls are translated in french, i can't find the key.

The Nose Wheel Steer Switch is a button on the front side of the stick. So you should find it under the category "Stick". It's not accessible for mouseclick. You need to map it to a button or use the keyboard key "S".

Nose Wheel Steering Disengage is a paddle switch, also on the front side of the stick. Again, you need to map it to a button (I use the paddle switch on the TM WH grip) or use the keyboard key "A". If you use an AZERTY keyboard, that would "translate" to "Q".

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5