ASW mode does not work with today update

Gryzor

I think they need to figure out why it is happening to some and not to others.

Doesn't make a lot of sense.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hope it isn’t the vr shader mod most rift pilots use that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, it wasn’t that as no-one was able to use the mod after wednesday’s DCS update until late last night when a (mod) update was released.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Its still messed up :/

Proud owner of DCS: FC3, A-10C Warthog, F-14A/B Tomcat, F-5E Tiger, Mig21bis Fishbed, Mirage 2000C, Nevada Test Site, Normandy, Ka-50 Black Shark, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst, FW 190 D-9 Dora, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D Mustang Combined Arms, Hawk T.1A, L-39 Albatros, NS 430 Nav System, F-86F Sabre, MiG-15bis, AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL, F/A-18C Hornet, Yak-52 and the mighty AJS-37 Viggen! :music_whistling:

Best fix is to roll back to version 2.5.2.20601, using the DCS Updater.

From the command line:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS_Updater.exe update 2.5.2.20601

I did this and everything is working fine again.

Once they fix these issues, run another upgrade as normal.

Cheers,

JD.

Guest arc_tander

Still borked.

2.5.2.20601 I'm getting 45fps (ASW) or 90FPS (in the air) on PG.

Just updated OpenBeta to fly with my squadron and was getting 23fps at Fujairah. Nauseating. Couldn't even bear to look around the cockpit.

Suffice to say I can't fly till it's fixed.

GTX1070ti, i54690k OC to 4.2, 16gb ram, Asus z97k MB, SSD

Suffice to say I can't fly till it's fixed.

As I'm sure you all know by now, it was fixed in yesterday's update.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

The new update didn´t work for me...

of course it erased the blackend areas at the edge of the Vr-Headset during rapid moving and the asw might work...

BUT: before i had a steady 45 fps performance (as well with messed-up-updates of the last few days), but now i´m stuck with fps around 35 fps...

does anybody know why?

The new update didn´t work for me...

of course it erased the blackend areas at the edge of the Vr-Headset during rapid moving and the asw might work...

BUT: before i had a steady 45 fps performance (as well with messed-up-updates of the last few days), but now i´m stuck with fps around 35 fps...

does anybody know why?

Did you have the vr mod installed prior to problems? After hotfix reinstalling newest version of vr mod gave me about 10-15 fps over hotfix alone.

Did you have the vr mod installed prior to problems? After hotfix reinstalling newest version of vr mod gave me about 10-15 fps over hotfix alone.

Hi... no, the mod hasn´t been installed during the comparisson between before and after the installation of the patch...

The VR-Mod didn´t make any difference in performance to me either. Nor 3 weeks ago and a few minutes ago... the fps are exactly the same...

any idea?

pS: yes, i did everything mentioned in the manual of the VR-Mod

This has been a problem in Xplane 11 for ages, to fix it you need to open up the Oculus Debug Tool, launch DCS, then in the Oculus Debug Tool you need to force disable ASW, and then Force enable it, switch back to DCS and all should be well.

Not sure what you are referring to, but what is being discussed here is that ASW was messed up in a recent DCS update, but was subsequently fixed a couple of days later.

This has been a problem in Xplane 11 for ages, to fix it you need to open up the Oculus Debug Tool, launch DCS, then in the Oculus Debug Tool you need to force disable ASW, and then Force enable it, switch back to DCS and all should be well.

...no, you are wrong. In this thread are issues discussed which had been introduced with an DCS update and had not been an issue in DCS before.

Regards

REAPER 31 | Painter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This was a problem with the last major update to the DCS Beta, and its been fixed already in DCS. No need to go tilting at windmills. ;)

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

This was a problem with the last major update to the DCS Beta, and its been fixed already in DCS. No need to go tilting at windmills. ;)

You were the 3rd post in a row to say that!

And you felt the need to point that out, thereby adding to the thread. LOL :lol:

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

At least I wasn't repeating info!

Have to say, I seem to have a weird issue in VR with ASW.

In short, I can open a mission, fly an aircraft and everything is fine. Then on occasion, I'll switch role into a different aircraft, (within the same mission) and ASW seems to get reset or buggered up, as I then get really bad visual smearing.

The workaround is simple, i.e. go to the Oculus tool and change the ASW setting, but it's odd that it happens so regularly.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Guest arc_tander

I'm updateing to hotfix 4 now as I have been having a very laggy/microstuttery rotation with hotfix 3. Turning off and on ASW using the Oculus Debug tool resets it...

Have to say, I seem to have a weird issue in VR with ASW.

In short, I can open a mission, fly an aircraft and everything is fine. Then on occasion, I'll switch role into a different aircraft, (within the same mission) and ASW seems to get reset or buggered up, as I then get really bad visual smearing.

The workaround is simple, i.e. go to the Oculus tool and change the ASW setting, but it's odd that it happens so regularly.

I observe this issue for a while. I use ctrl+numpad to turn off/on asw to reset. It seems more like oculus related issue rather than dcs

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]