[REPORTED] latest update - Oculus Rift Issues

nazghool

I can report the same issues as mentioned in the first post, and on top of that my game "hangs" when exiting. It doesn't "crash" by the classical definition of the word, and as such no crash log is generated: it just stops responding.

The "stutters and lags" I experience primarily as a delay at which textures are loaded in, especially when turning your head quickly from side to side. It is a nauseating experience.

I use the Rift CV1, and the rest of my PC's details can be found in my signature below. I didn't have any of these issues pre-2.5.3 .

*edit*

NTTR and Strait of Hormuz work fine for me, but a (very casual) friend of mine also reported huge delays in the loading of ground textures in the Caucasus map: he saw vast areas of water where land surface should be.

*edit2*

I am using the very latest nVidia driver (399.07), and also the latest BIOS, motherboard drivers (chipset, USB, ...), sound card drivers, etc...

DxDiag.txt

dcs.zip

Edited by Elysian Angel
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody tried to launch thorought steam VR plugin? because its seems looking forums that others with VIVE or samsung odyssey does not have this problem. Is there any way to force start thorought steam plugin? some command line to DCS.exe??

Since last update I'm getting the black edges in my view' date='[/quote']

I get those as well. And I had them before, but only after I set some of the settings too high for VR, e.g., MSAA 4x or so. Seems as if ED somehow changed some setting under the hood that causes this by default for us Rift users, as adjusting the graphics setting manually doesn't fix the black edges.

On the plus side, my PG and NTTR maps (as well as Caucasus and Normandy) load and work just fine. Not sure if my faithful deletion of the fxo and metashaders2 folders after every update has anything to do with that or maybe I just got lucky.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

yup , just figured id post a list of problems ppl are having in the first post makes it easier to see .... but mine are ;

- the edges not rendering black box issue when turning head

-seems to stutter alot when turning too and if i move my head it keeps moving for a second after...

- lock up/loading freeze when trying to change keybindings

-f10 map is messed up ( think thats everyone not just vr tho)

-leaving multiplayer freezes/lock ups

-no visual rain on the canopy of the harrier ... has on the f18 ( altho i think something changed and is a conflict or something with just the harrier)

logs ive sent via the crash tool already afaik

specs-

i5 4670k

16gb ram

gtx 1070

ssd

oculus rift

on a side note i updated the rift a few days ago and everything was fine when i was playing dcs , BUT i did update gfx drivers b4 the dcs update.

EDIT;after reading this https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/69039/latest-nvidia-driver-399-07-issues-a-fix-for-bsod-while-using-oculus-vr has anyone tried latest rift update and dcs update but with the older gfx driver??

I did not update my GTX 1060 Nvidia drivers and, as Oculus user, I can confirm all the issues you have, affecting my game as well (after the most recent update):

1. Framerate drop/black squares/blurry vision;

2. Trying to "Quit to Windows" freezes the game (have to CTRL+ALT+DELETE);

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

Anybody tried to launch thorought steam VR plugin? because its seems looking forums that others with VIVE or samsung odyssey does not have this problem. Is there any way to force start thorought steam plugin? some command line to DCS.exe??

Here you go - seems to work quite nicely on an Oculus Rift with up-to-date SteamVR (beta), Oculus Services and Nvidia drivers and the last open beta. No more crash on exit to desktop.

This can serve as a workaround while ED takes a look. Use the following short-cut:

"X\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe" --force_steam_VR

Note: Check your SteamVR settings if you are not familiar with them, as in, check the SteamVR/Settings/Video tab and set a manual override for the application resolution you want, turn off the 'pause rendering when headset is idle' in Settings/Developer. In the latest SteamVR reprojection is on by default and cannot be changed.

This can serve as a workaround while ED takes a look. Use the following short-cut:

"X\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe" --force_steam_VR

I just get a grey box in front of me when I try to do this. I see the Steam VR home, but when DCS loads, just a grey box. What am I doing wrong? thanks.

Did some testing on my end this morning.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3611906&postcount=47

Seems to be running well for me in my Rift, I have no idea why I am not seeing the same performance issues that many of you are.

I am running the latest Nvidia drivers - 399.07.

I did delete the contents of the FXO and Metashaders2 folder in Saved Games after updating DCS and before launching it, which is normal practice for me.

Only issue I am having is the game crashes if trying to make changes in the controller mapping whilst in VR.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Did some testing on my end this morning.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3611906&postcount=47

Seems to be running well for me in my Rift, I have no idea why I am not seeing the same performance issues that many of you are.

I am running the latest Nvidia drivers - 399.07.

I did delete the contents of the FXO and Metashaders2 folder in Saved Games after updating DCS and before launching it, which is normal practice for me.

Only issue I am having is the game crashes if trying to make changes in the controller mapping whilst in VR.

I'm with you, I guess a short list of pilots with no issues as described. Although I do get the hard lock on exiting a mission / server, which results in no track files saving. Haven't did any adjustments in the controller mapping, and don't plan on it.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

I have updated. For me, ASW just as before - capped to 45 fps (when between 45 - 90 fps), but ASW not working.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Mine is running so well almost afraid to get the hotfix...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Tried some stuff, Changing Oculus to Stable and not Beta. It doesnt help.

Latest Nvidia drivers too.

So yeah it's not fixed. :(

Just reverted from Open Beta to Stable and it works as it should.

Edited by Ruebban

Whew, everything still good for me after the hotfix.

Hope you guys that are having trouble get sorted soon!

Don B

Fwiw,

I am running Nvidia driver version 399.07

Oculus Software Version 1.30 PTC (Public Test Channel).

Oculus Tray Tool - to set ASW to Off with a profile for DCS.

Don B

still the same problem with the new fix with oculus rift everything blurry when flying comes as a fix for the rift or was it.

Apart from now being able to quit to windows, the hot fix didn't solve issues with VR performance.

Still blurry/stuttering and general in-game performance loss.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World