Revanche - mission 6 broken

whitehot

Mission 6 ("Assignment in flight") has been broken by a bug that causes the players aircraft to spawn into another su-25, damaging and destroying both in a few seconds.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER

• 2 months later...

I can confirm this is still broken. I bypassed the mission in the logbook but I hope this and other campaign bugs are corrected someday, specially before MAC is released.

I mean, you won't like to release an entry level product for your sim and ship it with broken campaigns right?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mission 6 ("Assignment in flight") has been broken by a bug that causes the players aircraft to spawn into another su-25, damaging and destroying both in a few seconds.
I tried to reproduce but was spawned near the tower without damage. Loaded in ME to see: player is supposed to spawn at spot #23 (this certainly did not happen) and Wingman at #04 (did not check).

[Latest OB.]

EDIT: I touched it in ME beforehand which fixed it in the process.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

In the current stable version I can tell you that both the mission 6 and the mission 10 have that issue. I tried to start several times, just in case was a RNG bug of some kind, but everytime I got the same result.

I haven't tried to load the missions individually, all of this was done as a part of the campaign.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK, confirm both mission #6 and #10 has corrupted ramp positions for player and wingman.

Easy to fix by editing in ME.

1. Make a backup of campaign files!

2. Find your Su in the Sukhumi-Babushara (afair) airbase and edit SP (starting point) by changing the parking spot for both player and wingman.

3. Save the file with exact same name and in the same place.

That way you can play it in the campaign mode. Mind that every update may return it to previous state, so backup your edited mission somewhere else.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

I already did that. I like to play revanche from time to time. It is a relaxing campaing with old school ground pounding.

But I was reporting it so ED could patch them themselves. After all FC3 is being supported and MAC is expected to have the same campaigns.

It would be a pity that an entry level product tailored to new players is released with bugs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi everyone, I have slightly edited the mission file with the mission editor.

Here are the changes:

1 - Moved the player's plane to an empty ramp

2 - Moved the assault troops outside of the forest, so that they can be located and engaged.

Everything else is untouched and works like a charm.

I have just successfully completed the mission (finally!!) by destroying the ground targets.

If you need, contact me and I'll send you the edited mission file.

• 1 month later...