Can't fire weapons and gun.

ny3d1

Flying the hornet, I've had many flashing "SHOOT" on my hud and still when I shoot nothing happens. I know I'm overlooking something but I need your help trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I have the Thrustmaster stick and throttle system. Thank you so much in advance for your help.

There are two modes in which to use weapons and the gun. Set the master arm to the arm position(M key) then choose either 1 for A2A or 2 for A2G. The gun/weapon triggers respond differently on which mode selected.

DCS status:

Case:NZXT S340 Mid Tower;Motherboard:MSi 970 Gaming DDR3 ATX;CPU:AMD FX-8350 8-Core Unlocked with Hyper 212 Evo heatsink;Memory:Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3;Hard Drive:Samsung 640GB;SSD: Crucial 256GB;Sound:Asus Xonar DGX; Power: EVGA 600W B1 80+;OS:Windows 10 64-bit; GPU: MSI Radeon RX 570 8GB 256-bit

Modules: Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D, Combined Arms, Black Shark 3, A-10C/2, WW2 Assets, F/A-18C, F-16C Viper, AH-64D, Supercarrier, China Assets Pack

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, Marianas, Sinai

• 1 year later...
Flying the hornet, I've had many flashing "SHOOT" on my hud and still when I shoot nothing happens. I know I'm overlooking something but I need your help trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I have the Thrustmaster stick and throttle system. Thank you so much in advance for your help.

I have the same problem But with the F16C,nobody seems to have a solution..all works ok on proper servers,but on mission editor..and instant action..useless..:(

Dumb question, but are you aware that A/A missiles in the Hornet are released by pulling the trigger instead of Pickle/weapon release button?

I guess you're already in A/A mode as you are getting a "shoot" message on your HUD, but is master arm set to "arm"? Also, does the trigger on your stick work/is your trigger input recognised by DCS (check control settings)? Maybe check if your trigger is mapped to 2nd trigger detent only and not to anything else in tandem.

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

Also check out sim vs game mode in the settings to be sure you didn't bind your controls to one while playing in the other.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD