** DCS: F-14 Development Update - September!! **

Cobra847

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only a year late.

Yeah, but you got to love Cobra's Elon Musk aggressiveness.:) I think he and ED realized how big of a module this will be and came up with a better release plan for it. Which gave HB more time to add more details. I can't see any module being bigger than this one.

EDIT: Except for the F-16 :)

Edited by pimp

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

time is ticking

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I´m not sure whether I missed that, but was there already set a time of day on october 7th?

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

well, thats interesting, I´ve checked their website several times but never saw that countdown...maybe I´ve always been on the store page...thanks anyways.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

well, thats interesting, I´ve checked their website several times but never saw that countdown...maybe I´ve always been on the store page...thanks anyways.

Then maybe you have also missed this trailer, because it shows the date at the end:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I don't know about you guys but Im looking forward to the Meteor soundtrack almost as much as Im looking forward to the F14. That guy has some serious musical chops. :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I don't know about you guys but Im looking forward to the Meteor soundtrack almost as much as Im looking forward to the F14. That guy has some serious musical chops. :)

if a soundtrack will be unvieiled at 7st, we will have serious problems here :D

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

if a soundtrack will be unvieiled at 7st, we will have serious problems here :D

Nah twi-notbad.png

Just some great stuff to put onto our virtual tapes for the Viggen dealwithit.png

And always remember... twilightsmile.png

I too don't wanna wait until Winter Wrap Up though, but when they say that winter is in the claws of the cat, I assume that we'll have her by the time winter will have come and not when it's over fsgrin.png

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

When will the Brony spam stop?

Awwww relax... he's not really spammin' it.

I 100% don't get the brony thing. I kind of think it's a bit weird, but he's not spamming it... just lovin those ponies... out loud, and proud!

You do you, Eldur!

3 more days guys! :joystick:

When will the Brony spam stop?

I know...had enough of that garbage on WoT!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

DAAAMN! I couldn't believe my eyes! Hornets, Hornets, Ho...wait....thant's a freakin' Tomcat!! :O

Interesting how much more wobbly the F-14 is, most of us will sweat a lot to bring her down on the ship.

There is a good reason the unofficial nickname for the Tomcat was the turkey...

If you've ever seen a turkey fly..and then compare it to the Tomcat behind the boat..it'll make sense

Interesting how much more wobbly the F-14 is, most of us will sweat a lot to bring her down on the ship.

The Tomcat has a pronounced Dutch roll. Combine that with the huge moment arm created by the wings swept forward, and you have your wobble. I wasn't a Tomcat guy, but have plenty of friends who are and could talk all day about the challenge of recovering the Tomcat on the boat. They would openly mock the "easy" time the Hornet drivers had doing Case I recoveries.

BTW, the A-6 has the same airfoil as the F-14, and is also a renowned challenge to recover. Like a Tomcat, but with older turbojet engines and no HUD.

While the countdown page is still up, have to admit I'm kind of confused by their slogan there - "Welcome back, baby". I get that it refers to "Anytime, baby" slogan, but Tomcat was not the "baby" there (IIRC, it was a response to a challenge to duel with the USAF F-15's).

So, shouldn't it be in the form of "I'm back, baby" or "Guess who's back, baby" or "Guess who's coming to dinner, baby"?

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!