Cursor issues since 21107

Eldur

In the latest version, the cursor seems to be stuck to the Windows cursor sometimes in the GUI, at the same time in the cockpit it's always the yellow cross, not changing to the green ones when hovering over a helper. Also, when it's being faded out after a few seconds, it won't come back until I swipe it off screen and back in again. Running 2 screens, but just the main one for DCS. Potentionally happens after Alt+Tab / clicking on the non-DCS screen. Never had this before.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I'm totally amazed by the fact that I'm, as always, the only one to have this.

Rolled back and it went away, patched up again and welcome back, this issue is definately produced by the latest update and makes it almost unsimable since it's just too easy to misclick outside of DCS with more than one screen.

Trying to force real full screen (Alt+Enter) doesn't help since it's completely broken as well - no cursor visible at all, not even after exiting DCS. Trying to fire it up by navigating with the keyboard in order to Alt + Enter again to get it back will just result in Windows freezing up completely.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Great to know... I'll try that as well.

BTW I'm running 1920x1200 which is not a standard 16:9 resolution - this might be the reason most here haven't seen this problem at all. I've heard of advices to switch the desktop resolution down to 1920x1080 in case of VR cursor issues for the last few versions. Might be related...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

@Lex15: Sorry, doesn't work for me.

Going to 1080 works, so I turned those settings on and still when @4K the mouse is WAY over to the left and up.

Any other solutions?

EDOT:

Friggin hell. Yeah yeah, it's beta. But..........

turned display to 1080 - loaded DCS and all's fine. Game played well in 4K

Crashed out for some reason now I cna't click any buttons in the cockpit. Menu etc work fine. Just the cockpit now isn't clicking.

With limited gametime this is testing my.......limited patience lol.

Edited by MrReynolds

No any solutions worked for me.

After a long time I've just started to use a 2nd monitor again but, I gave up just because of this bug...

I've disconnected the 2nd monitor and the bug has gone.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 2 weeks later...

Still neither fixed in 22652 (six updates after its first appearance) nor acknowledged even though this is pretty serious as soon as it happens... I mean, it basically nails you down to FC grade modules until you restart DCS completely.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 3 months later...

Any chance of this getting looked at? Still present in 25729 and pretty "sim-breaking". Can't do DCS grade simming with the mouse not working correctly 80% of the time.

Edit: Probably also caused by this is a malfunction of the mark label function on the F10 map... that makes me wish it to be fixed until the Cat arrives. I can punch in the coords in the Viggen by myself in case, but in the 14 I've got to rely on the RIO + F10 mark labels method.

My guess still is that something got broken while an mouse cursor error in VR has been fixed, 'cos that is what happened in 21107. "VR glitch with modal windows fixed" - that one was mouse related IIRC.

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 1 month later...

For the first time ever I have had this experience. Not sure if it was because of the new nVidia driver, the new version of DCS World, or particular to the MiG-19 which I have been flying every single time. My mouse disappears and is still missing when I quit DCS World. It re-appears when I use dialog boxes, but then disappears when I close them again. The only solution that seemed to work was re-booting the computer. But the last time it happened I got the mouse cursor to re-appear after I started moving around the windows start menu... using Windows 7.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

By the way, which totally hasn't been mentioned yet:

I use a custom cursor set in Windows and since the change (version in OP and title) DCS uses that Windows cursor or whatever I configured there. Before that the cursor in DCS always looked like the Windows default one, regardless of size selected in Windows (set either in cursor settings or accessibility features). This has the positive side effect that I can see it much better when messing around in the ME.

Without truly knowing, my guess is that DCS had it's own cursor renderer before and now just uses the Windows one as I've seen the option to change that in a few other games to date. Probably the easiest way to fix this issue quickly is just adding an option to choose the old render method instead of the new one.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 1 month later...

Chiming back in...

From 28461 to 29167 I hadn't have those issues appear at all, which was great. But at the same time, my fps performance was cropped by 60% (did quite a few posts on that in the performance section). Don't know if this relates. In 29585 I get just a little tad of the missing fps back and the cursor issue reappeared - the case in which the Windows conf'ed cursor appears instead of the DCS ones to be precise. It didn't disappear completely at least.

BTW just as a side note: Positive side effect is that I can see the thing better - a lot. The con is I have to know where I'm able to click things. I really wish we could enlarge the DCS cursors (Scale GUI option has be be a slider with 1x to 4x or even 8x range independant of resolution used, also resizing all fonts and GUI elements as long as they fit in the space completely) or even replace them with custom ones (haven't found a way to mod this yet).

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 4 months later...

Again; This issue came back after last update. When in main DCS screen, there's something wrong with Alt+TAB. When I do that, I lost the mouse pointer. I try to find EXIT and SHUT DOWN menus by positioning ghost mouse and I manage to exit DCS and restart Windows.

A second monitor is plugged on my system by the way.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 2 weeks later...

I have this issue too (first time for me).

I've got 3 monitors plugged in, although only 1 is active and Rift S.

Im going to try playing around and see if I can fix it, before getting frustrated.

There was a oculus update today so I'm not sure if that caused the bug, as DCS was fine as of yesterday.

To clarifiy - My game loads as normal, but I have no mousepointer/dot. If I tab out of game, I see the mouse pointer (even in DCS style dot in VR) but as soon as I try to click on anything (ie Multiplayer, or settings etc) the DCS window takes focus and the mousepointer instantly vanishes.

I did have the previous problem as mentioned in a couple of above posts - but this was solved by sycing up desktop/DCS screen resolutions to be the same.

. . . . . . .

Every module/ map except the dual winged joke.

Right, after trying all the usual noob steps, none of which worked (rebooting, unplugging, checking mouse/trails, hardware updated etc) as well as ensuring screen res was in sync, I noticed despite having my controllers disabled (from DCS/VR menu) that at least one of them was somehow constantly pulling my mousepointer off the screen.

This explains why mouse worked fine in windows, and I could never see it in DCS/VR. To fix this, all I did was pick up both controllers, in VR with DCS running, and point,press /pull etc both of the controllers/buttons and once they both were on/paired/active, I got my mouse back.

I hope this helps someone.

. . . . . . .

Every module/ map except the dual winged joke.