Individual engine OFF/IDLE bind behavior when shutting down??

Arbil

I have the left and right engine OFF/IDLE bound, each to their own button. When starting up I press the button and it comes out of OFF into IDLE and the engine starts up. But when shutting down the bind acts like a momentary. If I hold the button the engine will eventually spool down while the throttle is held in OFF position but as soon as I let the button go it springs back up into IDLE. Shouldn't that OFF/IDLE bind behave the same way when shutting down as it does on start up? As in when I press the button I have bound for Throttle (Left) - OFF/IDLE when wanting to shut down the throttle snaps and stays in the OFF position like it did to the IDLE position on start up? Like I could keep pressing the button and toggle between having the throttles in either OFF or IDLE?

The commands "Throttle (Left) - OFF/IDLE" and "Throttle (Right) - OFF/IDLE" are not for use with momentary pushbuttons. They require maintained ON/OFF switches like the ones built into the TM Warthog throttle. I use them this way and that works fine. Note that the switches in the TM WH throttle work "in reverse". The contacts close when you move the respective throttle lever to the OFF postion, and open when you move it to the IDLE position.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I use the same setting, but I think I remember a setting labeled simply "Throttle (x) - OFF", which should function exactly as you seem to expect. The "OFF/IDLE" seems to be specifically designed for use with the Warthog, and similar controllers with the sustained "OFF" position.

The downside being, you'd need to have/assign a second button to "Throttle (x) - IDLE"...

...The downside being, you'd need to have/assign a second button to "Throttle (x) - IDLE"...

Correct. This mode requires 4 pushbuttons in order to switch both throttle levers between OFF and IDLE. Seems a bit wasteful, especially since the F/A-18 quickly eats up all the buttons you have on your controllers for managing the action in the air..

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5