CH-47 Chinook

Spathiphyllum

My dream helicopter in DCS would be the CH-47 Chinook, this mighty tandem rotor heavy lift beast.

First of all, it is different from what we already have in the simulator. We already have standard tail rotor helicopters (Mi-8, Huey) a coaxial rotor helicopter (KA-50) and we also have one with a Fenestron (Gazelle). But we do not have any tandem rotor helicopter in DCS yet - which the Chinook is.

One of the fastest and amongst the most powerful helicopters, the Chinook is full of mission potential. Be it a very basic troop transport (we could squeeze in quite a few troops, huh?) or delivering military equipment to the battlefield, dropping paratroopers, moving heavy underbelly cargo (such as a Humvee), carrying out medevac missions into high threat landing zones, dropping humanitarian packages and even carrier ops, there's plenty of combat-oriented possibilities with this well tried and tested helicopter. And then there are the civilian duties, log transport, heavy construction assistance, disaster relief, search and rescue, aircraft recovery, fire fighting, VIP transport and much, much more.

And the pinnacle of helicopter flying, mastering the tough and complex pinnacle landing, in which the Chinook is the champion - really, the sky is the limit in what we can use this helicopter for.

Since it's been so widely and extensively used around the world, many repaints could be done to it and as a result, several countries could be included, further enhancing its mission capabilities within DCS.

What is the Mi-8 for the reds, could be the CH-47 for the blues, two rotary wing titans.

Bring us the Chinook please!

pct_256060.jpg.40c39cdfc2d6dd464c8f28b29579b597.jpg

The-Pinnacle.thumb.jpg.a2957dd6dc67b0aaab9f279c539ff208.jpg

i would buy it but not at the top in my wish list.

also, those tasks that you mentioned can be done also by mi-8 or uh-1 but dcs devs are not seem to be keen on doing such developments in the sim. no fire fight, no proper strechers, no porper troop transport.. so you may be disappointed even if you get this bird

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

As much as i believe that there is place for such an awesome helicopter in the sim however i'm not entirely sure how many people would invest into it. It does not have much offensive capability outside of .50 cal and the minigun which is what most come to the sim for. however if it was paired with a Nato attack helicopter such as the Apache then I can see the appeal for it as it would be awesome to go pick up troops and supplies while an Apache runs fire support over head.

If aerial firefighting was ever introduced to DCS the Chinook might have more appeal to be used in firefighting missions. I just found out that there have been two companies in the last few years that have been converting Chinooks for firefighting duty.

I would love to see this helo in DCS World. DCS helicopters and DCS mission scripting have come a long way, but they are not the best for this type of helo operations. If you can tolerate inferior flight model dynamics, the Chinook and its missions really shine in the old OFP/ARMA series games.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You could see one, it is a Boeing aircraft so it could be a possibility. Need to be way after the Apache;)

About picking up troops. You can fake script this, I just have the AI land or have trucks stop at a zone or spot and then activate a bunch of troops to simulate this. Yes it would be nice when CA gets better to have real troops load/unload when seeing this from ground level, until then there are workarounds. Those other sims have the troops magically jump in the aircraft anyway, so it's not that much different spawning troops at the choppers.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

If MERT, CSAR or QRF was actually a thing in DCS, the Chinook would be very entertaining.

All of those things can be implemented with proper mission design...both from an AI perspective...and from a player perspective.

This would be a day 1 buy for me...For that matter ANY US heavy lift Helicopter wound be a day one buy for me.

Edited by Sierra99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• 1 month later...

I'd be happy with getting a CH-47 and a UH-60L. Instabuy

DCS Modules Owned:A-10C, FC3, Yak-52, F/A-18C, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-5E, M-2000C, L-39, Hawk T.1A, C-101EB/CC, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, BF-109K4, FW-190D9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, KA-50, F-86, DCS:CA, WWII assets, F-14A/A+/B

DCS Terrains Owned: All

PLEASE MAKE UH-60L and AH-64D!!! :pilotfly:

As much as i believe that there is place for such an awesome helicopter in the sim however i'm not entirely sure how many people would invest into it. It does not have much offensive capability outside of .50 cal and the minigun which is what most come to the sim for. however if it was paired with a Nato attack helicopter such as the Apache then I can see the appeal for it as it would be awesome to go pick up troops and supplies while an Apache runs fire support over head.

Depends on which model...

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0de_1471217993

GunsaGogo.jpg.e0c62ee0cb7f5d5941cbcf6991956bab.jpg

GunsaGogo2.jpg.1637d6a28689c360682bf615378a39d5.jpg

Edited by Bad_Karma-701

Rift CV1: i-7 8700 RTX 2070 16GB 3200mhz win10. M.2 128gb GB Z390 Aurous Master. warthog stick on Gunfighter Base

• 1 month later...

I`d buy it immediately! Blue team need it as an actually helicopter for troop transport.

Thirty-three troops could be transport by each ch47. It has inflight refueling capability (Not all variants).

Could carry vehicles from/to the enemie lines. Also other things as ammunition, planes, helicopters, fuel, heavy logistic, HAWK AA system from the base to the middle of the battlefield with the sling...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSfbwFZXwFw&t=

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Saitek X52 Pro. i5 4670 3.40Ghz, 16GB DDR3 1600MHz, ASUS GTX760-DC2-SSU

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXhCk5g4u5Ut3AKmR_jP7og :pilotfly:

• 2 weeks later...

Disymmetry of Dcs helicopters (Needed Helicopters

We have the mi8, Gazelle, and my favorite, the huey

The huey has longline capability but its not suitable for lifting most of the cargo offered the mi8 has has the greatest lifting capacity.

We need, UH-60/CH-47 for larger longline/cargo in general however.

AH-64 would be great for combat (we are getting the mi-24 and AH-1) soon ????

But honestly i would love an observation helicopter of some kind @eagledynamics

Such as OH-58 for multiplayer

list of Helicopters Needed in order

1. OH-58

2. AH-64

3. CH-47

4. UH-60/ or naval equivalent

w/ aerial refueling capabilities

Please and Thank you

Respectfully submitted

Renegade30

• 4 weeks later...

90% of modules in this games is for attacking.People like me like transport helicopter.Ch-47 is also my dream and I want to see that helicopter on dcs but i think it will not happens the next 10 years.Or should I dare to say 20???The most countries has the chinook.Ed has forgotten us I mean the helicopter dudes.All time releasing airplanes.Chinook in dcs is a dream for me and I wish it come true some time

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I suspect that something like a Chinook would be quite a bit of work from a flight model standpoint. It would be an awesome bird to fly but the rotor setup would require a lot of new work to model correctly.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

If it has a rotor, I'll buy it!

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)  | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4,5Ghz | 128Gb DDR4 3200Mhz | beQuiet! Dark Power 12 1200W | 2 x 2Tb M.2 Samsung SSD | 2 x 4 Tb M.2 Samsung SSD |  Aorus RTX3090 Xtreme 24Gb | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Quest 2 | VoiceAttack

Aviate Navigate Communicate

• 4 weeks later...