Why do the Viggen always end up in a ditch when running replay?

Hoggorm

For me it is consistent as long as you stay airborne. It deviates for me on the ground, thrust reverser is not needed for it to deviate.

Yes, I see the same.

I'd like to view my flight on the Blue Flag server in Tackview. Every flight on this server starts on the ground, so I have to taxi and always ends up in the grass before reaching the runway...

Edit: I need to run a replay of the mission as Tackview will not record anything else than my own aircraft while online on the Blue Flag server

Edited by Hoggorm

Same happens to me. I remember someone saying it is related to thrust reverser - using it will apparently mess the track. I have not yet tested whether thats the case.

That's at least what I noticed. On my main testing mission, I have every A/C on Senaki and I have to pull the Viggen out of the shelter with the thrust reverse. In tracks, it never even gets to the runway since it's been like that. The distance covered in reverse is always shorter in replay than it actually was.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 2 months later...

Yeah, thought somebody would've posted this already. At least for Viggen is still a problem. For me the symptom is the airplane would pitch up into a loop soon after the replay begins, regardless of what I did in the mission. I tried the harrier and it works fine for several minutes at least.

For me it is consistent as long as you stay airborne. It deviates for me on the ground, thrust reverser is not needed for it to deviate.

All this time I just assumed it was my pc …

Yep, if I want to get footage on a replay I either start hot from runway or in flight. I rarely use the reverser on the ground so I don't think use of the reverser is the issue, but it probably does introduce a parameter into the reply track by existing that screws things up?

---

AJS37 Viggen, F-16C Viper, Adobe Premier.

X56 HOTAS, Ryzen 7, GTX 2070S

youtube.com/leadnapgaming

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a solution to this issue yet?

Had the same issue today. Did som practicing on formation flying. Set up an AI flight with one Viggen. After the flight I wanted to look at the track. First time my plane would take off...but in the climb my Viggen suddenly descended and crashed to the ground. Two times it did that. On third and following attempts to see the track my Viggen would taxi out on the grass and get stuck. Why is it behaving like that? Is there any other way to look at the tracks?

Regards

FanOfALF