VPC Configurator Software

Cyph3r

► VPC Configurator Software

Hi guys - I will keep all updates and resources related to our VPC Config software posted in this thread. It can also serve as a central location to ask any software related questions :thumbup:

VPC Configurator Software

DOWNLOAD

VPC Configurator Software Manual:

DOWNLOAD

Edited by Cyph3r

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, and thanks so much for a manual!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

If you guys have any wished-for features, or changes you'd like to see to the VPC Software, let me know in this thread!

Looking forward to the below:

SHIFT (Modifier) Button Setup

COMING SOON!!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Ohhhh, finally, a manual. It costs me a lot to say this BUUUUUT... I'm going to.... read the manual *shudder* Ugh, I feel so dirty, but winging it isn't going to cut it anymore.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Looking forward to the below:

It's already fully functional in the software! I just haven't got around to typing it up yet - as many people have already figured it out, I focused first on the features that haven't been described/used already :) I'll aim to get the shift/mode dial sections typed up by the end of the week.

Edited by Cyph3r

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Cyph3r!

A single click (not press and remain ON) on T2 and T3 toggle switches in both positions.

switch up - button A ON/OFF

switch down - button B ON/OFF

(by default it's the same button ON/OFF in both postions)

Wasn't able to achieve this so far. Also, I've submitted a ticket reg. potential bug.

Excellent, thanks Cyph3r!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

It's already fully functional in the software! I just haven't got around to typing it up yet - as many people have already figured it out, I focused first on the features that haven't been described/used already :) I'll aim to get the shift/mode dial sections typed up by the end of the week.

Good deal I will look forward to the manual update - thanks.

Don B

Just one quick question regarding the firmware. There is only one hexc file so is it safe to assume that it is for all VPC devices?

That's correct :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Okay, successfully updated the firmware for my T-50 stick, however, when I went to update the throttle firmware, I entered firmware update mode, then start firmware update, when it was done, but before closing the firmware update mode, the throttle disappeared from the device list. The LED's are lit on the throttle but I cannot get it to appear in the device list. Any advice Cyph3r? Checking in windows devices it lists both the stick and the throttle as VPC MT-50 Flightstick. Unplugging the throttle removes it but plugging it back in windows is still seeing the throttle as a stick.

Edited by Len62

Okay, successfully updated the firmware for my T-50 stick, however, when I went to update the throttle firmware, I entered firmware update mode, then start firmware update, when it was done, but before closing the firmware update mode, the throttle disappeared from the device list. The LED's are lit on the throttle but I cannot get it to appear in the device list. Any advice Cyph3r? Checking in windows devices it lists both the stick and the throttle as VPC MT-50 Flightstick. Unplugging the throttle removes it but plugging it back in windows is still seeing the throttle as a stick.

Can you email support@virpil.com please (preferably with TeamViewer ID and password so I can jump on) and we can get this sorted! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Updated firmware to August on a T50, now it calls itself VPC-reset, and doesn't do anything.

Import profile from file and it should start working. I had to fiddle around a bunch with all that before I got it all working.

Might have to save profile also before it starts working.

Updated firmware to August on a T50, now it calls itself VPC-reset, and doesn't do anything.

Check out the user manual for the VPC Configurator Software - this is normal after a firmware update, you have to now import the device profile. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I've asked the mods to sticky this thread so it doesn't get lost amongst the rest.

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

OK guys, credit where credit is due, but I also, being a UI person, think the interface is awful and confusing - fortunately made up for by some amazing hardware.

I've already had to help a few people in the Elite: Dangerous forums work out their stick, as the software is not really clear, and the naming of the files often makes no sense.

This, to me, is an example of an "Engineer's piece of software" - ie - it makes perfect sense to an engineer, especially one that worked on the hardware (I have an electrical engineering background, and can work it out pretty easily), but non engineer background folks really struggle.

For example, once I finally managed to upgrade my WarBRD with the working firmware, I first needed to work out which "board profile" I needed to load (which ended up being trial and error, because they are named as "board 3.01", "board 3.02" etc - also, excuse me if I have the names of the software functions wrong, I'll edit this later when I'm in front of my PC with the correct names), and then, and only then, once I load the right board, can I load the profile that allows the T-50 grip/Warthog Grip/Delta grip to work.

Then I need to calibrate... Along with constant saving and loading...

My suggestion, and I *know* the team are stupid busy, but still:

Set up some from of automated script where you select your base, your grip, click "OK" and it performs all those steps for you, then automatically goes to the calibration screen, and then the button test screen "with "done" or "next" prompts when finished).

If you want to get fancy with shift buttons and stuff, sure, you'll need to read the manual and work out the software, but to get the thing running out of the box should not be an exercise in mental gymnastics for someone that just dropped US$300+ (with shipping) on a grip and stick.

Now, the video, while somewhat helpful, consists of someone waving a mouse pointer around the screen, with no text, and only silence to fill in the gaps as to what is going on and why.

Why am I saving profiles between steps? Why am I reloading them? What am I actually doing when those crazy bars are flicking all over the place before they seem to be tamed? Do I move the stick in circles? Or just full deflection from left-right-up-down?

Check out the CH Pro calibration software as a bit of an example of something that makes more sense to an end user. No, it's not perfect, but most people get it first time around, without having to raise tickets (which wastes the teams time) or endlessly searching the interwebs (wasting valuable game time).

Again, I don't mean this to be insulting, offensive or combative in any way, just seeing it from the viewpoint of a new customer that is not so technically minded, that just wants to start flying with their *amazingly beautiful* new toy.

Cheers,

Z...

Edited by Barefoot Bandit
  • Like 1

That is one thing with both of these guys ( Virpil and VKB) - the software can be quite intimidating. It can be very powerful, but many like myself will find it very hard to wrap their arms around it.

Don B

OK guys, credit where credit is due, but I also, being a UI person, think the interface is awful and confusing - fortunately made up for by some amazing hardware.

I've already had to help a few people in the Elite: Dangerous forums work out their stick, as the software is not really clear, and the naming of the files often makes no sense.

This, to me, is an example of an "Engineer's piece of software" - ie - it makes perfect sense to an engineer, especially one that worked on the hardware (I have an electrical engineering background, and can work it out pretty easily), but non engineer background folks really struggle.

For example, once I finally managed to upgrade my WarBRD with the working firmware, I first needed to work out which "board profile" I needed to load (which ended up being trial and error, because they are named as "board 3.01", "board 3.02" etc - also, excuse me if I have the names of the software functions wrong, I'll edit this later when I'm in front of my PC with the correct names), and then, and only then, once I load the right board, can I load the profile that allows the T-50 grip/Warthog Grip/Delta grip to work.

Then I need to calibrate... Along with constant saving and loading...

My suggestion, and I *know* the team are stupid busy, but still:

Set up some from of automated script where you select your base, your grip, click "OK" and it performs all those steps for you, then automatically goes to the calibration screen, and then the button test screen "with "done" or "next" prompts when finished).

If you want to get fancy with shift buttons and stuff, sure, you'll need to read the manual and work out the software, but to get the thing running out of the box should not be an exercise in mental gymnastics for someone that just dropped US$300+ (with shipping) on a grip and stick.

Now, the video, while somewhat helpful, consists of someone waving a mouse pointer around the screen, with no text, and only silence to fill in the gaps as to what is going on and why.

Why am I saving profiles between steps? Why am I reloading them? What am I actually doing when those crazy bars are flicking all over the place before they seem to be tamed? Do I move the stick in circles? Or just full deflection from left-right-up-down?

Check out the CH Pro calibration software as a bit of an example of something that makes more sense to an end user. No, it's not perfect, but most people get it first time around, without having to raise tickets (which wastes the teams time) or endlessly searching the interwebs (wasting valuable game time).

Again, I don't mean this to be insulting, offensive or combative in any way, just seeing it from the viewpoint of a new customer that is not so technically minded, that just wants to start flying with there *amazingly beautiful* new toy.

Cheers,

Z...

THIS. Halleluja.

Currently, I have the Throttle with Configurator software in "SYNC" (Green) mode and dated as follows VID: 03EB PID: 2048 VPC-Throttle (VPC-JOY-180913) + Device PCB = VPC.CNT.V06.

Now here's the problem:

I have Win7Pro 64 bit PC by the way - and currently have only the VKB GunFighter II Stick as hardware with DCS' F/A-18 (in SIM mode) - and the VKB works fine. But I simply don't understand how to map Virpil's peripheral wrt its button presses in DCS as an added peripheral.

I did manage to mapped all 6 Axis on the Virpil Throttle - and its working fine ingame and as per DCS OPTIONS CONTROL Menu, but not a single button ON the Throttle can be mapped (in DCS' CONTROLS screen that is) even though DCS sees/recognizes Virpil's throttle ingame.

Heck, DCS' Controls menu wont even allow me to OPEN its scroll menu to ADD a button throttle press in the first place. :cry:

Frankly, I am as confused as puke in a tumble drier and prolly have fouled up more then I should admit.

So if somebody can show me HOW to MAP all those nifty toggles/buttons on my T-50 Throttle ( which by the way is a damn beautiful piece of hardware) to DCS, I might just offer to pay for their MARS passenger ticket in the near future. :helpsmilie:

Edited by WineCape

"This medical officer has used my ship to carry his genitals from port to port, and my officers to carry him from bar to bar" -- British Officer Combat Report

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

| VKB GunFighter II (Rev.B pin) + MCG-Pro | VIRPIL MongoosT-50 | MFG CrossWind | TrackIR5 | MonsterTech Throttle Mount | Win10Pro | MSI GTX 1660Ti | i7-4790K CPU | 16GB RAM | 1080p/144Hz Monitor | DCS on Samsung SSD 850 Pro |