VPC Configurator Software

Cyph3r

1. Don't update

2. Scroll is for scroll wheels eg on the Alpha or delta grips, encoder for every other type

3. You will need to use an axis to button for this , my tutorials have more info https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2kRNYjsz2IDZWueRjHKHMqHvpYJnA8wD

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

1 hour ago, galinette said:

Hi,

Few questions about the software

1) Is there a way to avoid HID GUID change when upgrading the firmware? This breaks all the binds as DCS sees the control as different hardware. I can rename the input diff files to the new names with the new GUIDs, but this is quite cumbersome with 3 controls and many modules...

2) What is the difference between Encoder Dial and Encoder Scroll button modes?

Thanks!

1) when this happens, I just import the previous device profiles within DCS for each  module. BIt of a pain, but a lot easier than your suggested method!

2) just a little tip here. I always use Encoder Dial Buffer option.  Then when some dial inputs are lagging behind in DCS compared to the dial movement, it is held in a buffer and eventually gets actioned.  Also, just acts like a 'normal' encoder dial when moving slowly/normally. Best of both worlds.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

On 12/1/2020 at 1:34 PM, imacken said:

1) when this happens, I just import the previous device profiles within DCS for each  module. BIt of a pain, but a lot easier than your suggested method!

Hi, I looked in DCS yesterday... Where do you import/export device profiles? I could not find the feature.

Thanks!

In Controls, just click on the device you want to import, and 'load profile' from the boxes above.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Is there any way to have one physical button output two alternating logical buttons?

If not, would it be feasible for the devs to implement that feature in future software updates?

Cheers!

Edit:

Also: the sum of two physical buttons returning a third logical button.

Edited by Shrimp
Additional content

On 1/7/2021 at 2:12 AM, Shrimp said:

Hi,

Is there any way to have one physical button output two alternating logical buttons?

If not, would it be feasible for the devs to implement that feature in future software updates?

Cheers!

Edit:

Also: the sum of two physical buttons returning a third logical button.

you will need to use joystick gremlin for that

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

• 3 weeks later...

Using the Virpil software,  is there a way I could change the color of the LED on my Alpha grip based on a button push on my CM3 Throttle?  For example, I would like the Alpha grip LED to indicate when I have my airbrake on with a color change.  

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass, Asus Rog Maximus IX Hero Z270, Intel Core I7 - 7700K, Gskill TridentZ RGB 32GB DDR4 3200, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB, Seagate BarraCuda 3TB, NZXT Kraken X62, Corsair RM750X, Windows 10 Home, Asus ROG PG348Q 34” 3440 x 1440 100hz curved IPS G-Sync monitor, Saitek X52 Pro Hotas, TrackIR V5

• 2 months later...

You don’t bind buttons in the VPC software, you calibrate, set up and configure your axes, buttons, LEDs etc. to define how you want your device to behave in Windows. 

3 hours ago, imacken said:

You don’t bind buttons in the VPC software, you calibrate, set up and configure your axes, buttons, LEDs etc. to define how you want your device to behave in Windows. 

Ok thanks. I was just wondering how the weapon selector works...

• 1 month later...

Hi, I saw a question some on the internet whilst desperately searching which related to setting the scroll wheel on the CM3 throttle (right dial buttons 14 & 15) to become a scroll wheel for Zooming in/out. As far as I can tell this has not been solved, or if it has I cannot find the answer. I have exhausted YT and see lots of advice, just none of turning this dial into a Zoom function. does anyone have a solution for this? as turning it currently DCS just does not see it. Thanks in advance.

That dial is just not suited to zoom function.  Why don't you use the zoom (z) axis slider?  14 and 15 work well for some things, e.g. I use it for HUD brightness, but zoom, no.

That's a fair idea. I will take a look. But even deciding to use the dial for HUD brightness. Virpil see's the movement (either way) more than once as 14 & 15. which means anti-clockwise or clockwise it will continue cycling through 14 & 15, continually. How then is this avoided? Thanks

14 minutes ago, Matthew Prew said:

That's a fair idea. I will take a look. But even deciding to use the dial for HUD brightness. Virpil see's the movement (either way) more than once as 14 & 15. which means anti-clockwise or clockwise it will continue cycling through 14 & 15, continually. How then is this avoided? Thanks

That is only how it sees it internally.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

OK, I don't quite follow - 

If I rotate the dial (one click) this is button 15, if i continue (same direction) then the next click is button 14 (for example) - so that being said, the HUD brightness would therefore be ON (14) and then rotate again (15) it would be off. continue rotating would repeat the above ON/OFF, ON/OFF. How can you turn this into a "dimmer" switch - to enable one direction as dim to off, the other as dim to brighter..

Thanks

12 minutes ago, Matthew Prew said:

OK, I don't quite follow - 

If I rotate the dial (one click) this is button 15, if i continue (same direction) then the next click is button 14 (for example) - so that being said, the HUD brightness would therefore be ON (14) and then rotate again (15) it would be off. continue rotating would repeat the above ON/OFF, ON/OFF. How can you turn this into a "dimmer" switch - to enable one direction as dim to off, the other as dim to brighter..

Thanks

Again that is only how the device sees it internally, go ahead and assign it should work.

Be aware though it does take several revolutions to brighten/dim the HUD due to how the encoders work.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

You need to look ay Joytester to see what Windows sees, not the VPC configuration software.  Also, make sure you have the encoders set to buffer in the VPC software.  

On 5/20/2021 at 4:42 AM, imacken said:

That dial is just not suited to zoom function.  Why don't you use the zoom (z) axis slider?  14 and 15 work well for some things, e.g. I use it for HUD brightness, but zoom, no.

I think it is up to personal taste--I use the dial for zoom and actually prefer it.  Works well for me.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have a question, , I recently bought the warbrd base and have it with the warthog stick. I would like to know if there is any possibility that the key mapping that I had with the TM base can load it with the virpil base.

thks!!

• 1 month later...
On 7/6/2021 at 12:12 PM, lt_d4n said:

I would like to know if there is any possibility that the key mapping that I had with the TM base can load it with the virpil base.

Apparently there is: you can change the PID number for the Virpil base to trick DCS/TARGET into thinking it's made by Thrustmaster. Then you should be able to load an existing profile.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2021 at 2:29 AM, Matthew Prew said:

Hi, I saw a question some on the internet whilst desperately searching which related to setting the scroll wheel on the CM3 throttle (right dial buttons 14 & 15) to become a scroll wheel for Zooming in/out. As far as I can tell this has not been solved, or if it has I cannot find the answer. I have exhausted YT and see lots of advice, just none of turning this dial into a Zoom function. does anyone have a solution for this? as turning it currently DCS just does not see it. Thanks in advance.

This is my main gripe on Virpil. The use of encoders in lieu of potentiometers is a mistake in my opinion. I had no issues mapping the scroll wheels in my old Saitek X55 in DCS as well as IL2. I've been tearing my hair out trying to get the encoders to work properly and have searched all over the web. There are numerous suggestions... using the Virpil software to make virtual axis (doesn't seem to work for me), inputting delays (makes it sluggish or too fast and jerky), use Joystick Gremlin to ditto (I haven't figured it out yet but I really don't want to use more 3rd party software).

If anyone can post something that works (and a Luddite like myself can understand), I would be most grateful.