Iranian F-14A (AM) A-A loadout

Glimmer

there are several sources about the number of kills scored by tomcat. but I have some F-14 pilots in contact and they say it is about 110-160 kills ( I believe it is 112 kills as I counted and I found cues of these kills) and 70% were scored by AIM-54A (not FAKOUR-90, FAKOUR has introduced in 2015 and it was not available in 1980!!!). I have count only one kill with AIM-7E:noexpression:

There is no believe what if.

This statistic are official from testimonials direct from IIAF/ IRIAF pilots, too Iraqi pilots, from records USAF, US NAVY and CIA.

Again, I remind you about existing Fakour. There is no any public know about this missile so is possible that is only fake.

For example when one day release CIA information about use and existing missile Fakour, we can talk about this weapon.

All information from IRAN can be only propaganda.

Only for your information, main problem reverse engineering of AIM-54A was batteries. More years tried Iranian technicians replace this batteries by different one (Russian build) but without success.

And in public is no info that anybody in the world "hack" this Hughes/ Raytheon techology.

About sparrows:

whole IIAF/IRIAF have confirmed 21 kills by AIM-7E-4, so most kills go on the F-4s and F-14s.

But is there more next confimed kills with unnamed missiles know only under "AAM", which can be AIM-54A or AIM-7E-4.

Edited by Magot

there are several sources about the number of kills scored by tomcat. but I have some F-14 pilots in contact and they say it is about 110-160 kills ( I believe it is 112 kills as I counted and I found cues of these kills) and 70% were scored by AIM-54A (not FAKOUR-90, FAKOUR has introduced in 2015 and it was not available in 1980!!!). I have count only one kill with AIM-7E:noexpression:

Interesting numbers given that actual Iraqi Air Force records mention only around 140 airplanes lost throughout the war to all causes.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Interesting numbers given that actual Iraqi Air Force records mention only around 140 airplanes lost throughout the war to all causes.

Everybody lies © House M.D.

Actualy, I find Iranian numbers more trustworthy. Yeah, they had problems with technical service of their AF, especially closer to the end of the war. But intensity of air battles was much higher in the beginning of the war. I remember the efectivness IRIAF have shown during operations Kaman-99 and Morvarid.

And, let's face it: NOTHING could beat F-14 theese days. Especially from IQAF inventory.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Iraqi's also said they shot down 100 allied aircraft in the first three nights of ODS.

While I don't remember if they claimed THAT many, I absolutely agree we shouldn't take such claims for granted.

So, then why would you choose to believe similar claims by Iranian pilots (who mostly never saw if their missiles hit something or not) over the confidential Iraqi audits of their aircraft losses which were made after the war?

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

AIM-9P Sidewinder- from deliveries for F-4s/ F-14As for IIAF

So no need create any "modern" IRIAF misiles which are in fact non-documented weapons.

There is no chance found any descriptions for example how fakour misile in real work/ fly.

Now the real question as always is, which class of P-Winder is it? RA or AA (P-4 and higher)?

As for the non-documented weapons, I highly doubt they are. We just don't have access to these documents. But there's always the possibility to CFD the data out of it as we know how they're shaped and which rocket engine and fuel they bring. At least that's what the AIM-54 FM will be based on in DCS.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Now the real question as always is, which class of P-Winder is it? RA or AA (P-4 and higher)?

As for the non-documented weapons, I highly doubt they are. We just don't have access to these documents. But there's always the possibility to CFD the data out of it as we know how they're shaped and which rocket engine and fuel they bring. At least that's what the AIM-54 FM will be based on in DCS.

Probably AIM-9P-3 because version P-2 and P-3 was released in mid of 70s and Iranian Shah in this time bought a best modern american weapons which was possible buy it. So the all the P version was for export. And newest version was P-3.

Previous versions P1 and P2 Iran had probably to with supplies for F-4s.

After in year 1979 was islamic revolution and after was all weapons supplies to Iran stopped.

(with exception some small supplies spare parts via Israel)

So version P-4 was introduced after islamic revolution. So Iran don't have it.

Edited by Magot

Probably AIM-9P-3 because version P-2 and P-3 was released in mid of 70s and Iranian Shah in this time bought a best modern american weapons which was possible buy it.

Well, that's not a fact since they opted for AIM-7E's rather than AIM-7F's (which were offered to them).

Makes sense. I was just pointing out that it can't be assumed with certainty that the regime had always ordered the best weapon type available together with the platform that was purchased.

AIM-7F was introduced in USAF and US NAVY in 1976. I don't have information if between years 1976 - 1979 exist's version F for export.

And there was a specific export version of the Phoenix developed before this deal? Come on, if the regime was cleared by the Nixon administration to get the F-14A (or the F-15A) and the Phoenix at the time, what's AIM-7F compared to those?

I do distinctly remember reading in some book (though it was more about politics and oil price hike to boost the Shah regime) how the U.S. officials were almost surprised that the Shah did not order the AIM-7F's for his Tomcats (he was apparently quite involved in the procurement process and insisted on F-14's over the F-15's IIRC).

Edited by Dudikoff

• 3 weeks later...

Will be cool if we get Iranian Liveries (Imperial and Islamic) to F-14A and F-14B (Fictional) with their release :)

Су-27 Flanker | Су-30 Flanker-C | Су-33 Flanker-D | Су-34 Fullback | Су-24 Fencer | МиГ-29 Fulcrum | F-14A/B/D Tomcat | F/A-18C/D Hornet | F/A-18E/F Super Hornet | F-16C Fighting Falcon | F-15C Eagle | Eurofighter Typhoon | Tornado IDS | JAS-39 Gripen | AJ/JA(S)-37 Viggen | Rafale | M-2000 Mirage | Mirage F1

Ka-52 Hokum | Mi-28N Havoc | Mi-35M Hind | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | AH-1W SuperCobra

Will be cool if we get Iranian Liveries (Imperial and Islamic) to F-14A and F-14B (Fictional) with their release :)

If memory serves, the plan was to, indeed, have IRAF and IIAF F-14A's and for the Iranian F-14B to only be a theoretical IIAF bird. Of course, the last time I saw this mentioned was a year or two ago, so the plan could of changed.

Guys, there is already a discussion thread about the Iranian tomcat started by Cobra himself: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3169071

Hi Everyone,

We strongly appreciate the need to try and accurately represent Iranian Tomcats and will be implementing various visual (e.g. older oxygen masks & helmets, liveries, chinpod) changes.

We will also possibly be making available an assortment of weapons that we believe could feasibly be interfaced with the Tomcat, which have been shown to have been utilized and fired by Iranian Tomcats. However, seeing something on a photo is vastly different from a weapon system being operational and useful.

Since we can't be 100% sure of anything in this particular issue, we will likely place any additional weapon capability behind a server authoritive, special checkbox, which will default to off. This way, each player and server can individually decide whether the expanded weaponry will be available to Iranian F-14As, and simulate a different F-14 OPFOR experience.

We will of course do everything we can to make sure that our implementation of these weapons is reasonable in accuracy and authenticity, despite the lack of documentation.

Obviously this will involve significant guesswork. These may also not be available immediately at release.

Feel free to offer your thoughts and suggestions, we're all ears on this matter.

HB

Oh, and FWIW: We haven't even decided whether there will be any expanded weaponry, the point of this thread was to inform you that if we do add anything, it will be behind a special checkbox, clearly labeled as potentially unrealistic, and server authoritive. smile.gif

EDIT: Just realized the first post was confusing on this due to my poor wording. Fixed!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Question guys

I came across some info while researching Chinese aircraft, while some believe the Chinese are masters of corporate espionage, one thing is for certain they aren't shy about reverse engineering tech. and I came across and Article about their JL-10 radar set being part home grown with tech recovered from A-6 and F-111's and further enhanced by AWG-9 given by the Iranians.

specification:

Frequency: X band

Maximum detection range: 104 km

Maximum look-up tracking range: 80 km

Maximum look-down tracking range: 54 km

Maximum look-up engagement range: 40 km

Maximum look-down engagement range: 32 km

Total modes of operation: 11

Sector of scan: +/- 60 degrees

Maximum targets tracked: 15

Maximum targets engaged: 6

Developer: CLETRI (607th Institute)

built to MIL-STD-1553 standard

if the radar is similar to the AWG-9 albeit shorter ranger less target tracking could this be the system in refurbished /upgraded Iranian tomcats.

which using the us standard retains the ability to use western avionics and weaponry but allowing the IRIAF F-14 to also use A2A PL-5, Pl-12, and ASM's Kh-31, C802. on top of the Sidewinder, Aim-7, AIM-54, modified hawks and Soviet R-73's.

as the Chinese have helped modify systems for the Iranian's before Shahab-2/3 AKA Scud-C to me this seems the most logical step since they alone would have the manufacturing capability to near match ours. and if So would add a unique flavor to the tomcat in DCS when flying in one or against one. Thoughts ??

Rift CV1: i-7 8700 RTX 2070 16GB 3200mhz win10. M.2 128gb GB Z390 Aurous Master. warthog stick on Gunfighter Base

• 9 months later...