[ALREADY REPORTED] Uncommanded trim/roll

ST0RM

Took up the Hornet from Tbilisi to a carrier off the coast. Set the A/P and immediately noticed a constant left bank, combined with a right rudder drift.

Checked the FCS page and the rudder was trimmed to <--4 on both. Tried manual adjustment, but it didnt remove the trim.

Additionally, no aileron trim would stop the A/P left bank.

What happened?

Did you set HSEL or ATTH on A/P? (could cause unintentional banking)

Were you flying asymmetric load? (will effect BALT/RALT A/P if not trimmed)

Does your Stick have a proper deadzone set? (could effect BALT/RALT A/P from engaging)

Does your Rudder center properly? (will cause perceived trim error on FCS as all control surface input displays a value)

This would probably be best asked in the General F/A-18 Page, until this is determined to be a bug. Also, Mods will ask for track files and stuff here.

Edited by DDSSTT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.csg-2.net/

They can move it there, if they determine it.

But yes, I checked all my controls.

No asymmetric load.

Did select HSEL after a time to see of the jet would trim itself out, but it did not.

FCS showed no errors when running through the on ground test.

Ok, I flew it again and can replicate it. The screens have a tilt because VR screen shots the left eye and I wanted to ensure I got the DDI and HUD.

On the ground, FCS checks ok and controls set for takeoff

MqkQmzt.jpg

After takeoff

F5Ek5bV.jpg

1oE7Xgm.jpg

Rudders set to 4 Left by FCS

wE9znih.jpg

A/P Set, jet banks left HSEL set to 270

DusqSYY.jpg

I'd say its your controller calibration or you're unaware of a duplication axis defined by a random controller?

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

It wasnt there prior to the latest OB update. Calibration is fine. On the ground it would turn if my rudders were out of cal. Ailerons would indicate it as well.

Can we get someone from ED to check this out?

Have you re-checked your calibration? Check that out, and make sure your axis mappings are correct. I have had to redo mine after updates, or they have randomly gotten messed up (can not replicate). Easy to check, just don't assume it's fine.

3800X, X570, 32GB 3600, RTX 2080Ti, SSD, Odyssey+ VR

Ok, so more testing tonight. I wasnt thinking that a CAP-9M and a TCTS pod were that different in weight, to warrant calling it asymmetric. But I was wrong. With that config (CAP-9M on left/TCTS right) the jet will add rudder trim and aileron roll the compensate. This is new, as in 2.5.2, a single CAP-9 would not induce much.

I have also experienced this on a random basis, flying and just letting go of the stick and the aircraft will just start to lean to the left, then because your leaning left it will start to nose dive

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

I may have an idea what's wrong as I have the same issue some times. Hopefully others can replicate.

I think if you move either stick or rudder away from centre as you're loading into the aircraft, wherever you're holding it becomes the new centre point. Can anyone else try and see if they get the same result?

its happened to me when just taking off of the carrier then flying to some point. last time it happened I was not able to A2A re-fuel due to this issue

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

For testing, set is high deadzone if on a analog axis controller.

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On my side only time i ever have turning issues it'S whne i select A/P HSEL, even though i'm mostly facong straight my HSEL setup. But again been quite a while i haven'T used HSEL, i most of the time only use ATTH and BALT.

Edited by Doum76

Funny. I'm flying right now and just noticed this. Thought it was me until I hopped on my phone and found this post. Even with HSEL, the thing keeps a slight left roll past the heading bug. The FCS page shows the ailerons are zeroed out, but still holds a slight left hand bank.

Same issue. Today. Multiple flights. But I’m a new pilot. Please help. Severe un commanded roll sometime left, sometime right. Depends on which direction I’m facing which is weird. Can trim it out but then I make a maneuver and it’s borked again. Dead zone 4 on tm warthog.

I just thought I had the same problem on my last flight...

...found the thread here and now I'm thinking even more that this problem occued during my last flight...

...will go for further testing now...

Edit: tested. couldn't replicate.

Edited by JumpinK

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

• 5 months later...

Did anyone find any solution/cause to this?

I have just updated to 2.5.4.28090 open beta and it is happening to me. I'm attaching a pair of tracks from the Free Flight mission on Caucasus. I am experiencing this either when dark and cold, hot start, starting from the catapult and spawning on the air. Always with symetric loadout or empty.

EDIT: it is only happening with the Hornet to me

EDIT2: it seems that the aircrafts banks to the opposite direction of the latest "long enough" turn. If I do a 90 degree left turn, it banks right after leveling, and vice versa.

t2.trk

t1.trk

Edited by Darcaem