Request Nuclear weapon  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Request Nuclear weapon

• YES nuclear weapon
    • No nuclear weapon
    • yes but less than 1 megaton

Quick Fix Available :)

N U K E D

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Come on, Xilon_x, you're trolling. Admit it and lets close this thread!

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

"I think this whole thing is an elaborate troll at this point." . I agree , and not the OP's first attempt . No one person can legitimately post so many arguably clueless wishes as he .

+1, I'm out of this :bye_2:

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Avrai notato che era un test. O c'è stata una guerra dei Bikini?

whether it's a test or not it's always committed a crime to the planet earth destroying flora, fauna, and environment ............ So do not be moralists. I am not a troll.

people are still getting disgusted by a new weapon in a sim where you routinely clusterbomb inhabited cities

it's pixels guys, seriously calm down

like this is jack thompson ban GTA level here now

nobody is going to see a firestorm in DCS, then somehow become president of a nuke power and begin world war III because they observed it in a VIDEO GAME.

It's a combat simulator, so why not. They're not something I'd urgently need in the sim though.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

You're an insufferable dweeb, so I'm adding you to the ignore list.

he's right

what harm is this going to cause to real people in real life

and if harming pixel people is wrong, why is harming them with nukes not OK but harming them with gunfire, or MK82s OK?

i would like to hear your response

While i would agree in the addition of a low yield tactical nuke for nato akin to the present ones in the fishbed, certainly should be waaaay back in the list. You would only able to use in closed servers or offline, because one of those weapons in a server with good number of players and most important, targets will cause the expected destruction... just to literaly nuke the server by crashing it... also, lets add visual effects, etc etc etc.... nah, simply they have a lot more importants things to fix and add than a toy for misanthropes like me

Edited by Sarraceno

I bet you would but I just barely care about not getting banned.

:megalol:

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I see no need for nukes in DCS. They aren’t used in real combat (thankfully) and are mostly a deterrent anyway. I can think of about a million things I’d rather have the devs spend time/money developing than a weapon that nobody has used offensively for three quarters of a century.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Before requesting a realistically modelled nuke, think about a few things. We all have the aspiration to fly a simulation here, not some arcade game. To properly simulate the explosion of a nuclear weapon, ED would probably need to invest a lot of time and $. It's not just about the dropping of the weapon and the big bang, but there are aditionally some points to be considered, such as (not completed list):

- impact on the soil, depending on the discharge height (size of the crater, if any)

- fallout depending on the wind direction

- damage due to heat, blastwave and subsequent negative pressure

- damage to buildings, flora and vehicles

- impact of EMP on vehicles, aircraft and communications

- I'm no nuclear scientist, so I'll stop now :D

Apart from the fact that the current version of DCS probably can't calculate and display everything correctly, how long do you think that would take, until all this could be programmed and how many versions later? And you really want ED to pull programmers away from other projects to simulate nuclear explosions? :doh:

Edited by norbot

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

detonate a nuclear bomb to the ground with less destructive effect of detonating a bomb at 150 m in height. Currently the conventional bombs in DCS have no crater in 3D but only a simple texture drawn on the ground.

a nuclear bomb destroys everything around you at 360 ° if you notice explosive videos you see a white circle that widens and its shock wave is destructive.

make a crater in 3D and important ....... and propio from the craters that you study the impact strength of a bomb and its power nobody could tell me what kind of crater generates a simple 200 bomb.

Bomba_aerea_Cipelli_usata_nella_campgna_di_Libia.jpg

The Cipelli bomb, the first bomb launched by an Italian airplane in 1911.

Edited by Xilon_x

ok ok I understand the difficulty in planning a nuclear explosion even if it was a 300kilotoni nuclear explosion. I require at least that the explosions and craters of conventional bombs are more 'treated. because a BOMBA of 1000 the terrain changes it does not remain flat, a simple texture is not enough but it takes a 3D crater.

there is an important effect that is missing when a bomb explodes the bright FLASH effect that at night is seen at km and km away.

Edited by Xilon_x

• 9 months later...
ANALYZE EXPLOSION.

There's just one nuke in the game and I read that there should be none coming in addition, so .. it would be a lot of work for just one gadget.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

There's just one nuke in the game and I read that there should be none coming in addition, so .. it would be a lot of work for just one gadget.

I don't think it would be that much of a problem. All they need to do is reshape the explosion effects for that particular bomb, and leave everything else how it is already

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17