[NO BUG] AIM-120C stuck in Visual Mode

Sandman1330

I've noticed that, if I switch to AMRAAM before locking the target, visual mode pops up first (I think this is expected behaviour).

However, once I lock a target, I DO NOT get the proper HUD cues. The radar locks the target, but the HUD stays in Visual mode. I can still fire, and the missile still tracks, but I get zero information on Rmax, Rne, etc. In other words, I don't get the circle symbology, just visual mode. After this, nothing I do can get me out of visual mode, including switching modes, out of A/A, switching to AIM-9/Guns, etc. AMRAAM still sticks in visual mode. However, if I lock the target before selecting AMRAAM, I do not have this problem.

This has persisted for several updates now (currently on the latest open beta).

Is this a bug others are experiencing, or is it a problem with my installation?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Is master arm ON and A/A mastermode selected?

SILVER 11 | Dedde

DCS MODULES: A-10C; F-15C ; M2000C; AV-8B N/A; F/A-18C; SA342; CA.

Asus PRIME Z490-P Intel Core i7 10700K @4.9 GHzNvidia GeForce GTX1070 8GbCorsair Vengeance LPX Black 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 @3200MHzSamsung 850 EVO 256GbSamsung 24" 1920x1080 @60HzTrackIr 5; Hotas Warthog; Thrustmaster TFRP; Turtle Beach PX22;

Is master arm ON and A/A mastermode selected?

Yep.

This is an obvious problem that I should not be alone in seeing. I’m starting to think I should run a repair.

As indicated, if I lock target before switching to AMRAAM, I have no issue. If I switch to AMRAAM first before locking, this bug appears.

I’ll run a repair when I get a chance and report back...

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

what about the track?

First I wanted to see if others were having similar issues, as if it is isolated to my system it would not replicate on anyone else’s install. Since it seems to be something with my setup, I’ll troubleshoot it some and come back with a track if I can’t resolve.

Have you tried pressing cage/uncage while locked?

Yep. It unlocks the target, but remains in visual mode. If I then relock the target, visual mode is still stuck on.

Can confirm this happened to me today but it was with 120B. Tried cycling everything. Don't know if it's related but my radar was also constantly giving a shoot cue at the bottom of the mfd.

Same issue. Stuck in visual mode. I could still lock targets and shoot them but the symbology was stuck.

Cage/uncage should not unlock the target, are you sure you're thinking of the correct key?

Exactly that. Have you been using the pinky switch instead?

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

It's funny how something like this can happen to me ALL THE TIME, that is until I try to make a track file of it. (me at the mechanic: but I swear it was making that noise...)

I now can't seem to reliably replicate it. After half hour of trying, it did replicate once - but to test it I had to push a bad position and got killed seconds later so it's hard to see. The track file is attached, it happens right at the very end, IIRC I locked him up using boresight (though that's not usually how I got the bug in the past). However, this time, I tried cage/uncage - and it seemed to correct the problem, so there may not be a bug after all, and if it is, it's easily rectified.

Edit - The track file is too big, won't let me attach it. Sigh... next time it happens I'll try cage/uncage again, it seemed to work this time.

Edit2 - I put the track file on onedrive, link attached: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ascm8Kmu7NR0gYQK14xUPJmTKGAMpA

Edited by Sandman1330