Zuni MK71 Rockets ccip inaccurate

FAB Maverick

It's odd, in the harriers, I can zap pixels with single Zuni rockets all day long. Freaking deadly with those. Not so in the hornet...

Thought it was me...

well those LAU-61 are horrible as well. One of them is in excess of 3000lb which is highly overexaggerated, they're draggy as hell and on top of that, they spray all over the place as if those 2.75" Hydras were old FFARs instead. Interestingly, the LAU-68 are totally fine to me.

Generally I miss those aerodynamic caps as well. I wonder if there's a reason they're not on.

Also, when shooting R mode on BRU-33s, both pods on it fire off half of their load instead of one of them emptying completely. Doesn't seem to be right to me.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 3 months later...

Just tried Zunis tonight myself and found the same issue. Searched the forum and found this thread. My Zunis will consistently land about 12 mils short of the CCIP pipper.

I'm estimating 12 mils from the rockets impacting about halfway between the center dot of the pipper and the outer ring, which should be 25 mils in radius (manual states HUD pipper is 50 mils in diameter).

It seems there's quite a bit of work needs to be done by ED to calibrate pipers for different munitions. For example it's well documented that lofted Mk82s will go long, Mk84s will fall short, and on hot days bombs go long, and on cold days they fall short.

This also happens with the actual TGT position in the HUD https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=228644&page=2

So I replied in that thread. Yes altimeter settings matters, however, even if you correct for that my understanding is that bombs will still fall short/long depending on the temperature, I will check :) I would guess the amount of drag varies depending on the density of the air, which is different for different temperatures, and DCS doesn't yet take account of those changes in density when computing the release point.

So I replied in that thread. Yes altimeter settings matters, however, even if you correct for that my understanding is that bombs will still fall short/long depending on the temperature, I will check :) I would guess the amount of drag varies depending on the density of the air, which is different for different temperatures, and DCS doesn't yet take account of those changes in density when computing the release point.

I think you are correct with yor asumptions. I had the temperature set to -10C. Without temperature correction the target diamond was way short of the actual location (end of runway). With temperature correction the TGT diamond is pretty spot on. Now I tested with MK83 the accuracy in AUTO mod. At lower levels the bombs hit pretty mutch spot on with temperature correction. At altitudes from 12000 feet and above you can notice the bombs beginn to fall shorter and shorter of the target. Probably because of the higher airdensity with colder temperatures and the longer distance traveld of the bomb in this thicker air.

Screen_190104_164537.thumb.png.49d9064fb440bbde67e24297fbe0a736.png

Screen_190104_164648.thumb.png.9adcdc6e1caba76cec0a7248ffa0f394.png

I think you are correct with yor asumptions. I had the temperature set to -10C. Without temperature correction the target diamond was way short of the actual location (end of runway). With temperature correction the TGT diamond is pretty spot on. Now I tested with MK83 the accuracy in AUTO mod. At lower levels the bombs hit pretty mutch spot on with temperature correction. At altitudes from 12000 feet and above you can notice the bombs beginn to fall shorter and shorter of the target. Probably because of the higher airdensity with colder temperatures and the longer distance traveld of the bomb in this thicker air.

Nice work :) Yeah so that definitely does appear to be a BUG, bomb release calculations don't take account of changes in air density due to temperature.

I don't fly the A10 much... does it all work correctly there? If so I'd assume we'll get corrections as they get further into development of the Hornet.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)