Possible solution for Tomcat Sweep wings??

What about linking the wings position with the Air Brake?? OR Landing Gear, or even better both things.

Imagine you take off, Landing Gear is deployed, Wings in "Open" Position. You retract the Landing Gear and the wings move to "closed" position. You enter a dogfight, pop up the brake, and tada the wings enter "open" position. Back to carrier, wings "closed", deploy landing gear, wings "open" again.

That will be pretty cool!! Anyone know If is possible??

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Might be better to link to Flaps. Assuming that's an option

(just my 2ў)

IIRC, it's possible - but you have to do it with a new model, by setting up the model animation to the correct argument.

There's a new Tomcat model on the way, though, so it might just happen :)

You'd probably have to have a separate model for AI and human use, though . . .

As someone above said - wouldn't the flaps be simplest? first flap down actually toggles the wings forward & back (f,f), second (Shift F,f) moves the flaps up & down?

Also - as far as I can see, the people who want the Tomcat are presently prepared to lose the Su-33 to do so - Stick with that... Replace the Su-33 with this new model (which gets you a functioning tailhook as well, & leave the AI model as is.)

Cheers.

Interesting, the flap animation for each wing is assigned a different argument.

Presumably for damage modelling to allow one to still move when the other has failed (thus inducing a very healthy roll :-)

Cheers.

So in a new model is possible to implement it?? That will be great If we are close to a new Tomcat model release :(

Anyway in lockonmodels appears a Tomcat in a advanced state, can anyone confirm??

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

So in a new model is possible to implement it?? That will be great If we are close to a new Tomcat model release :(

Anyway in lockonmodels appears a Tomcat in a advanced state, can anyone confirm??

Probably not.

Yes, thats the model featured by Gys that is currently put on hold.

As someone above said - wouldn't the flaps be simplest? first flap down actually toggles the wings forward & back (f,f), second (Shift F,f) moves the flaps up & down?

Also - as far as I can see, the people who want the Tomcat are presently prepared to lose the Su-33 to do so - Stick with that... Replace the Su-33 with this new model (which gets you a functioning tailhook as well, & leave the AI model as is.)

There is a flyable F-14 model that doesn't replace the Su-33 over at lockon files. it has a tail hook and everything. (no swing wings though...) Check it out... i'm still waiting for that for the F-18...

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Well... I thought you were talking about one that replaced the Su-33, which this doesn't.

sorry if i misunderstood all the previous posts.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices