Slaw Device Viper RX

I ordered during summer vacation and I have waited around 2 months.

Helis: UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2+NS430 | Ka-50 III | SA342 | Mi-24P | AH-64D, Planes: F/A-18C | F-14 | Supercarrier | MiG-21bis | AJS37 | F-5E | AV-8B | M2000C | F-16C | L-39C+NS430 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-15 | MiG-19 | FC3 | A-10C II, WWII: P-51D | Bf-109 | Fw-190 D9 | Mosquito FB VI | P-47D | WWII pack, GA: Yak-52 | Christen Eagle II, Maps: Nevada | Normandy 2.0 | Persian Gulf | Syria | The Channel

PC: 7800x3D, RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM, VR: HP Reverb G2.

• 2 months later...

Works like a charm. However I don't recommend optional damper for helis, because it was sticky movement reducing precision.

Helis: UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2+NS430 | Ka-50 III | SA342 | Mi-24P | AH-64D, Planes: F/A-18C | F-14 | Supercarrier | MiG-21bis | AJS37 | F-5E | AV-8B | M2000C | F-16C | L-39C+NS430 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-15 | MiG-19 | FC3 | A-10C II, WWII: P-51D | Bf-109 | Fw-190 D9 | Mosquito FB VI | P-47D | WWII pack, GA: Yak-52 | Christen Eagle II, Maps: Nevada | Normandy 2.0 | Persian Gulf | Syria | The Channel

PC: 7800x3D, RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM, VR: HP Reverb G2.

I purchased these (with damper) about 2 months ago and have not been able to make them work to my satisfaction. The damper works great if you alternate pushing left and right, but not if I push the same foot multiple times. For example, I push the right pedal I feel the hydraulic pressure then if I push the left pedal I feel the same hydraulic pressure - perfect. But, If I push the right pedal, release, and then push the right pedal again there is no hydraulic pressure. It always needs the counter push to function properly.

Other issue I have is with the toe brakes. Just barely tapping the brake takes it to 50% on the axis, then as I further depress it starts from 0 like it should. I have tried tuning the axis settings in dcs every which way and have not been able to resolve the problem.

I am curious if others have experienced these same issues and how you have resolved them. Thanks!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mine arrived last week and they‘re awesome!!! Great engineering, working like a charm! Best rudder pedals I had so far. Really enjoyuing them and for sure worth waiting the two month!

00717-BB0-3-ACC-4-F4-B-AB51-A7-B16-D8-BEE45.jpg

Ordering and payment via bank transfer (Paypal would have been possible as well) worked perfect, instructions for damper installation and instructions for installing the pedals were provided by email and easy to understand so five stars out of five for Slawdevice!!!

Modules and maps: all of them :doh:

Specs: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I, Intel i7-8086K@4.9GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengance RAM, Nvidia RTX 2080 FE, 2x1 TB Samsung EVO 970 M.2, WIN10 64bit, HP Reverb

Looks terrific. You can put it to good use with the F16 module coming this year! (fingers crossed)

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• 8 months later...

I'm pretty sure the springs are the same, just different lengths. There are two holes that the spring can slot into, one for a more linear feel and one that's more progressive as you get towards the limit. The shorter spring is is too short to fit into the long hole without falling out, so the longer spring is provided to reach it properly.

All depends on the model of pedals and the date of their production. Previously, we equipped the pedals with springs 50 mm (default) and 60 mm spare. Later and still (when we increased the length of the tension bolt from 40 to 50 mm), our pedals have a spring for the rudder axis 50 mm (1.5x10x50). Spare spring is the same.