4K resolution menu unclickable after update to DCS 2.5.3.21444 Open Beta

JumpinK

I'm not seeing this behavior at all on my 50' 4K.

I think the issue is you are scaling up in both Windows and DCS.

Which behavior are you referring to, the checked or unchecked "gui scaling?" I run my desktop and everything at 4K. When I checked GS in the past, everything was nice and 1080p sized, but was not 4K crisp looking...much like if I try to play DCS at 1080p on my 4K tv: doesn't look terrible, but looks bad. An update or two back (can't check at the moment) it was finally fixed, with 4K menu's looking 1080p sized, but super crisp and clear. Now, as before, with GS unchecked, everything looks crisp, but is really small. With GS checked, well....this thread. I'm not using Windows 10 scaling, to my knowledge, but I'll go back and check tonight.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

I'm not seeing this behavior at all on my 50' 4K.

I think the issue is you are scaling up in both Windows and DCS.

I am not using any Windows-"scaling" and I checked the ScaleGUI option since it was introduced because my old eyes don't like to be stressed by small fonts. I didn't change any graphics option nor graphics card drivers of my system just applied the latest DCS-update and got the described problem, my DCS-stable release works just fine, so the OS and its components/settings are definitely not the root cause. Scaling of the fonts works the developer only forgot to get the proper relation between the mouse readings and the "clickable" areas established.

Why is it so hard for you to understand? When a 4K user doesn't have scaling checked, menu items and text are tiny. Kind of simple, really.

Eh, not really.

My point for not using it is because that would avoid the annoying bug being discussed here. Nothing to do with choice on using or not in normal circumstances.

Simple, eh?

(As an aside, I don't use ScaleGUI in 4K, and I have no problems reading the menu items on the GUI. However, I don't question anyone else wanting to use it. It's a useful choice to have available.)

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I was referring to the behavior of Clickpoints being off.

Got it. Thanks for responding. Hmmm, don't know what to tell you, though? Myself and the others in this thread have this problem. I played with Windows scaling and it has no affect. So, if I have 4K selected, and GUI scaling is also checked, the cursor doesn't work in the menus as the gui icon alignment are totally off (like the behavior you get when you are not in full screen mode sometimes...though alt-entering now has no affect on the problem). The only option for me and others experiencing this is to not use GUI scaling, which makes the menu and Mission editor text/icons/etc. really small. As I said, before the latest update, this was working fine.

Edited by wilbur81

Same problem here. Missing clickable options on menu, but Alt Enter restores it, and its lost again once you enter cockpit, and you must Alt Enter again to click something in the cockpit.

This never happened before. Tried scaling ui on/off, full/not full screen, etc... This is a real bug.

Besides, I loose SSAA options if scale UI is disabled????? This one happened before, but I´ve just remembered. Not new, but really strange.

MSI Trident X Plus 9SF-488EU Intel Core i9-9900K/64GB/2x2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD+1x2TB SSD/RTX 2080Ti/Samsung C49RG90 120hz/HP Reverb/

Yes, it is. See, that wasn't so hard.

This whole exchange suggests that it is hard for you though. You seem to have difficulty in reading, or maybe understanding, what is posted here.

Perhaps you should re-read before posting.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I can confirm that on my system "Scale GUI" option in DCS is responsible for missing clickspots in 4k (non VR). Unchecked it and menus are clickable again.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Some pics

Hey, Skate.

Here are some pics that may help visualize the bug:

In this pic (without scaling), you can see that menu items and icons are small and don't fill the menu spaces well. (It's really the Mission Editor where this is a pain when working on small text and icons, and I have perfect 20/20). But, the mouse cursor highlights/clicks in the correct places.

[ATTACH]194057[/ATTACH]

In this pic (with GUI scaling on), the menu items are the right size/proportions, much easier on the eyes in the ME, etc., but, you can see where my cursor is in the middle of the screen and where the mouse is actually highlighting (in this case the EXIT button option).

[ATTACH]194058[/ATTACH]

Alt-Enter, full-screen vs. windowed mode has no affect on this. Nor does Windows 10 scaling (on or off).

This bug was introduced for me after the last update as others have mentioned above. I do not use any mods.

Hope this helps a little. :thumbup:

Hey, Skate.

Here are some pics that may help visualize the bug:

In this pic (without scaling), you can see that menu items and icons are small and don't fill the menu spaces well. (It's really the Mission Editor where this is a pain when working on small text and icons, and I have perfect 20/20). But, the mouse cursor highlights/clicks in the correct places.

[ATTACH]194057[/ATTACH]

In this pic (with GUI scaling on), the menu items are the right size/proportions, much easier on the eyes in the ME, etc., but, you can see where my cursor is in the middle of the screen and where the mouse is actually highlighting (in this case the EXIT button option).

[ATTACH]194058[/ATTACH]

Alt-Enter, full-screen vs. windowed mode has no affect on this. Nor does Windows 10 scaling (on or off).

This bug was introduced for me after the last update as others have mentioned above. I do not use any mods.

Hope this helps a little. :thumbup:

So It's Likely:

Scale UI in Combination w/ UI Resolution/Aspect Ratio not being Identical to the Screen.

Will look into it and try some things.

Please Attach Your MonitorSetup LUA

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

So It's Likely:

Scale UI in Combination w/ UI Resolution/Aspect Ratio not being Identical to the Screen.

Will look into it and try some things.

Please Attach Your MonitorSetup LUA

Hey, Skate.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for from the Monitorsetup folder, but here you go:

[ATTACH]194107[/ATTACH]

I don't mess with .lua's and have only ever used one single screen. What's ironic about this is that, after the 2.5.3.21016 Open Beta update, the Gui Scaling option finally rendered everything in 4K crispness, but nice and large. Before that update, I always used scaling after buying a 4K TV. However, prior to the 2.5.3.21016 Open Beta update, the Gui was just upscaled 1080p (which looks much less sharp on a 4K tv.) However, with the update mentioned above, the gui scaling rendered beautiful 4k content, but larger, making things like the Comm. menu at the top right of the screen actually larger than a quarter :-) (hence the whole purpose of this available option). For another example of this short-lived fix, the rotating jet model in the ME that allows you to choose skins for your aircraft was always just up-scaled 1080p on my 4k res TV when gui scaling was selected, until the 2.5.3.21016 update, after which it was beautiful 4K, but with the larger content. After this past week's update, which seemed to cause the problem that is being addressed in this thread, gui scaling not only took a step back to the upscaled, low-res (albiet larger) 1080p looking images at 4K, but now we have the cursor location problem. Strange days. Hope the info. helps. :thumbup: Thanks for looking into it.

Edited by wilbur81

You're the coolest guy in the world !!!

My screen is 55 inches in 4K and now works great with your .4k file!!

Thanks so much !!!

Simply put the file in user saved game config monitor and talaaaam !

I just did the latest OB update. (DCS 2.5.3.21444)

After the update I tried to start DCS in 4K (3840x2160) and couldn't click anything on the main menu screen.

I had to close DCS via TaskManager.

Since I've got different config.lua files prepared (VR/HD/4K) I switched to the 1080p.

Started DCS in 1080p and everything was clickable as it should be.

Has anyone else expierienced this 4K-click-issue yet?!

[ATTACH]193866[/ATTACH] (4K config.lua)

[ATTACH]193867[/ATTACH] (1080p config.lua)

(If anyone is interested in trying my settings, make sure to remove the ".HD" / ".4K" in the filenames to make the respective file work.)

Edit: I'm not quite sure if I'm in the right forum section with this thread. please put this where it belongs in case I'm wrong.

Thanks!

The Regular Saved Games File wont Change Anything,

I need to see the /DCS World/Config/MonitorSetup/<Your Set Monitor Profile>.Lua

This is where the UI Sizing and Aspect Ratio is stored.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Reported,

If ScaleUI is Checked, DCS Scales to DCSW Total Resolution (ie 5760x1080 or 3840x2160) instead of UIMainView Resolution (1920x1080 etc).

All fixed for me in today's hotfix! Thanks Rik.

My screen is 55 inches in 4K and now works great with your .4k file!!

Thanks so much !!!

Simply put the file in user saved game config monitor and talaaaam !

Sorry guys !

It worked first time a started the game and went uncklickable after.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Problem fixed! Thanks!

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.